• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is Siege?

• Thread starter imported_Death of Hemp
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Death of Hemp

As Castor recently stated, it is sad what passes for pvp on Siege these days. PVP stands for player vs player, not player vs pets. It is that plain and simple and there is no argument to top this or justify tamers in pvp (except when you have to counter the three tamer your opponent has on the field). If you use pets, by its very definition you are not pvping...bottom line.
Most of the people who board pvp here are enormous hypocrits. Recently, when a veteran and so called "uber pvper" was res killing my mate in his house; I gated in right on top of him in front of the house....was just me and this so called "uber mage" (no it wasn't puffy) but he ran like the wind at the thought of a 1 vs 1 with someone who wasn't in stat. The most pathetic part is that they are capable of beating me and still run from a 1 vs 1. Then they have the nerve to come here and talk trash on someone else for only fighting with numbers?!
Then we have a group of people who consider themselves to be the "good guys," magically running with unreal stats?! And let's not forget about the pathetic idiots who commit suicide on a trapped box when redlined so that they don't lose their faction points to someone who is actually better.
I find myself frustrated with people's hypocracy, crying, using exploits etc. and then they have the nerve to think they have any right to talk?! All of you who are skipping tiles, running unreal stats, etc....can "board pvp" all you want but all the rest of us who still play honestly hear, is hot air. You're wasting space on our boards.
The siege community is so tainted that I now find it pathetic. I find myself shaking my head more often then smiling while I play, and debate if I even want to log in anymore.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

As Castor recently stated, it is sad what passes for pvp on Siege these days. PVP stands for player vs player, not player vs pets. It is that plain and simple and there is no argument to top this or justify tamers in pvp (except when you have to counter the three tamer your opponent has on the field). If you use pets, by its very definition you are not pvping...bottom line.
Most of the people who board pvp here are enormous hypocrits. Recently, when a veteran and so called "uber pvper" was res killing my mate in his house; I gated in right on top of him in front of the house....was just me and this so called "uber mage" (no it wasn't puffy) but he ran like the wind at the thought of a 1 vs 1 with someone who wasn't in stat. The most pathetic part is that they are capable of beating me and still run from a 1 vs 1. Then they have the nerve to come here and talk trash on someone else for only fighting with numbers?!
Then we have a group of people who consider themselves to be the "good guys," magically running with unreal stats?! And let's not forget about the pathetic idiots who commit suicide on a trapped box when redlined so that they don't lose their faction points to someone who is actually better.
I find myself frustrated with people's hypocracy, crying, using exploits etc. and then they have the nerve to think they have any right to talk?! All of you who are skipping tiles, running unreal stats, etc....can "board pvp" all you want but all the rest of us who still play honestly hear, is hot air. You're wasting space on our boards.
The siege community is so tainted that I now find it pathetic. I find myself shaking my head more often then smiling while I play, and debate if I even want to log in anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya bro, they dont care though they think in their twisted minds they are doing the right thing... By making people not want to come to siege. Ive tried explaining this many times but they just DO NOT CARE. They are all about their alliance.... they should just get a server and all play thjer together holding hands singing kumbiya

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

I find myself shaking my head more often then smiling while I play, and debate if I even want to log in anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

My accounts have been inactive for almost 2 months now. I am about to activate them long enough to sell all but Rykus's keep and will be putting the other 4 accounts into indefinite hibernation. I don't know if this means I am quitting for good, but at this point I don't see any reason to login at all. I can't decide if my apathy stems from the sad state of the game itself or a large segment of the Siege 'community'. For the longest time I played UO because of the people and on Siege specifically, because of the community. Maybe it's just me, but I really am loathe to login anymore and see what this place has become, referring to both the populace and the game itself.

I'm not saying that everyone, or even a majority of the people here make me sick, but it's enough that I don't feel like dealing with it at times. Life's too damn short as it is...

In short, I couldn't agree more Death.

I

imported_Death of Hemp

This isn't directed at one specific group. There are good people in every group. My frustration stems from the fact that this sorta stuff used to be rare. Now it seems to have infected almost every group to some extent. No one group is completely innocent or guilty which is why I just find myself frustrated with the shard in general.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know Im not in that group Ive played a mage since I started here, but we are a rare breed now.... I mean its getting harder and harder to spot a mage everyday... Because its really difficult to live through the dismount ds ns all kill... But hey I know there are some groups who use this more than others.... and the othe groups (US) (YOU GUYS) play the lame tame game because we are trying to make a point... But I dont think the HUGE GINORMOUS ALLIANCE understands the message...

its cool though guys just keep playing the way you are and see how long this population lasts for.

I give it till summertime and well have about 15-20 people total playing here....

Just some food for thought.

I

imported_Goron

I find it amusing that many of the jsv alliance claim that they dont like to see people leave the game, yet in a different post say they dont care if they are making people quit because of their actions because the quitters 'can't handle it'...

Way to go jsv. I like stealth tamers. I dont have a huge problem with them, but many people do. At least I understand this and am willing to make sacrafices for the greater good. Only if you guys were above a rank 3 on maslow's hierarchy... if only...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I give it till summertime and well have about 15-20 people total playing here....

[/ QUOTE ]

how many PvPers are on siege now? 15-20?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I know Im not in that group Ive played a mage since I started here, but we are a rare breed now.... I mean its getting harder and harder to spot a mage everyday... Because its really difficult to live through the dismount ds ns all kill...

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever it takes to win... Wouldn't it be nice if bonding and dismount would go away?

A

Asmodeus SP

There is especially one player who is exactly the type of person/temp that you describe and thats Dyno ... anyone who fought him knows

G

been there before. numerous times
but i always come back for more
im a glutton for punishment

I

imported_SavageSP

I find it harder and harder everyday to just log in, I love my Friends in CoF alliance, thats the only reason I come back.

I have many of the same issues you have and have been making 2 characters to fight tamers to take up my time. I have to run a ward removal talisman to knock people off the "150Juice", to bad you cant spam the talisman, cause the timer sucks.

I really dont wanna run a Tamer or specialized character to kill tamers or counter pets, but I really dont see any other option, Im tired of letting a playstyle cramp my gameplay, and Im not gonna quit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can't decide if my apathy stems from the sad state of the game itself or a large segment of the Siege 'community'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I decided.

I'll play alongside bugs. I won't play alongside asshats.

I

imported_SavageSP

My Question would be:
Until EA does something about Pets in PvP, what do you do?

When I started here, id run into a Gank Situation and find 1 Tamer and various other characters, maybe a dismounter, Dismount was usually done by Bola.

Then the Dismounters and Tamers started multiplying, mainly dismounters at first, so we fought fire with fire and made more dismounters( i turned my Assassin into one also) , more people started using tamers/bards to counter the Pets.
Now we have what we have and its gonna get worse by fighting fire with fire.

So my question to Siege is.. what is right thing to do?

Ea isnt gonna fix this crap anytime soon so I guess ill just adapt-adjust and play something I dont like playing until it changes or everyone quits.

**tamers have a right to defend themselves, dismount should be removed from the Heavy and replaced by another move.
Most Tamers are easy kills and can be seperated from pets and dropped by a decent player, but there are many variations of this templet and skill levels of the players running them, we all know which ones are BS and need nerfing.

I

imported_Elmer Fudd

I know exactly what you mean, I turned Elmer into a D-mounter do in part to a bad connection, But his skills are such Could roll a stealth tammer, But I wont do that, Ill do it against JsV, but i play two other temps also, and enjoy them but i bring them out when the timing is right, ie...theres no jsv out, One of my main complaints also, is tammers number one, D-mounters arnt that bad (IMO) Dismounters are the eaisest on the field to kill if you think about it, without pets, there on foot, there giving up two skill slots for hiding stealth, conflags are great Detect it great, when We (KoC) fight against Jsv there dismounters get rocked fast as lighting, when we fight, It seems other then everyone targeting Puffy and Kage Im third on list cause im on foot and my bow swings at the speed of paint drying.......but other then tammers, what burns my ass is they have nothing good on them for loot, im a fricking dismounter and where a million Gold suit and I know for fact Puffy/Kage and others that are mages and such wear much higher then mine, these guys you get nothing off them, theres no reward at all for fighting them, then when they grab your gear they lock it down like a trophy so they can log in and feel good about themsevles, and go to bed at night thinking there rockstar pvpers or something, thats what pisses me off.

Its like, put the stuff to use, lets at least have fun, make it rewarding, but theres a no win either way, your banging your head against a brick wall,

Gm Gear Filled Cupcakes 4 JsV

P

pikon198

well im just playing siege till march 3rd, thats when my gametime runs out and i gotta say so long to uo. It's no longer worth the 13 bucks a month to come to an empty shard and hunt for some decent fun. People should just realize EA aint gonna be able to improve things, just either keep em the same or make em worse.

For anyone who talks about bringing the old uo back its not that hard to find it. Its called freeshard. Best part of it is its FREE and its what your all wanting, old skool uo with no resist armor and vanq and power weps. I don't see why log in and suffer in a game and then come to the boards try to make a change. Things are as they are and wont change no matter how optamistic you are.

So for all those who are giving up on uo, or siege, try a freeshard. For me it was like time traveling back to 2000.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

People should just realize EA aint gonna be able to improve things, just either keep em the same or make em worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

EA can't improve the attitudes of players. Players just jump from one cheap tactic to another, and you can usually tell they've been driven to the bottom of the barrel when tamers start appearing all over.

The biggest problem for Siege is the people we are losing are fine citizens of the shard like Rykus rather than these lame @$$ cheap tactic gankers. The departure of those who actually like to play with "morals" even furthers the decay of UO. Why? That is one less voice that can be heard.

EDIT: By lame @$$ cheap tactic gankers I am *not* referring to those who use full artifact suits or anything like that, this is an item based game and they risk losing those items.

I

imported_Death of Hemp

Hastily and poorly written, perhaps. Again, I don't mean to single out one specific group or even template; tamers are just one of the examples I listed but I have to be careful to stay within ROC.

There have always been gimp temps, gimp temp jumpers, those who take advantage of whatever may help them, etc. It just seems, on a per capita basis, there are more of them now then ever. I can deal with that fact by itself but not when combined with these same people constantly crying or trash talking each other. A lot of them come to stratics and talk trash when they themselves aren't fighting any more honorably.

P

pikon198

well sad to say this IS siege i guess. Don't believe the great community hype hehe. Everyones a hypocrit out to better themselves in this shrinking community. It sucks but its true, maybe one day people will grow up and play the game not to win but to enjoy being part of the community and not a follow of the newest hype.

I

imported_Castor

interesting thread that i bet still has some life in it....

G

Wow I log onto stratics and read these posts and sometimes cant believe what I read.

I will admit first off before I state my view that I am pretty new to siege in the scheme of things and I have not witness evolution of its community over the last few years first hand. In fact when I played years ago there was no siege can anyone tell me what year they opened the server? Was is sometime after the trammel add?

Now what I think, I hear alot of template whining. I can't go a day of reading without running into a new template whining thread. This really brings me to question some people. I came to siege and soon after decided to make a tamer.
It was the only way until I got stronger to stock up on any kind of equiptment due to any place worth huntin had someone droppin in from time to take it. It was my only defence. Now that I have a decent stash and that template is complete I have soulstoned it and started working on a new PvP template seperate from taming. So know that I am not whining in my defence rather as a outside party questioning your great proficency at whining.

Some of you are in powerful guilds. When I read the posts it seems by your words that when you go toe to toe with the others you win for the most part.
Being in siege for only a few months I dont know for sure but it seems to me that, that pattern has gone on for sometime. Yet I still see constant whining on the forums by the winners? In sports, gaming, business, and about everything I have ever seen, there are always those who whine and make excuses. Usually itsn't that the losers? You dominate areas, some members try to shut out new players from weak dungeon areas. You PvP at will, with some pretty fierce and successful tactics. Hats off to your tactics they work, ive fallen pray. Many of you are very skilled at what you do, its not just skill points workin for ya. So I ask what is the deal?

Its not PVP if they use a tamer? Well lets see, taming and lore are skills that are on the character. These skill you are used to manipulate creatures as fencing does kryss. Its a template, part of the game. They I see a rich and powerful veteran mad cause when he loots he is not getting enough value, lol. From what I have experienced your guild does not care what you have, they will take it. Its all grand treasure.

It seems to me that this server and this game does a lot of evolving. Hell its a lot different from when I used to play. Everytime something changes or someone changes how they play and it means you do not get to dominate them you make your trip to the forum to cry about it. If your a winner then dont cry about it. If you think you are weak now and want to cry of lack of sucess go ahead. I am not condoning that either but it does not seem quite as annoying.
I was a new player hunted by reds, I did not sit there and cry about it. I made it through changing my tactics and later, on a single occasion stated people should lay off the noobs (not for my own benefit). Yet as a long time veteran you have to go to the forums to cry about things not going your way. If its within the game rules and someone uses it, thats part of the game. Though I have heard rumor of cheating, such as outside sources, spies, bugging. Those are crap and those you do such poison the game. Those doing it will never truly be winners, just there.

As far as the taming thing goes I am not just a complainer I like to consider myself a problem solver. So with your complain I have a solution.

Reply to this post and give a template without taming that you can effortless dominate and leave you with nothing to cry about, something that cant kill you.

Here is a sample:

cooking 100
spirit speak (so we can talk to each other when we see ghosts) 100
Fishing 100
Focus 100
Begging 100
Lock picking 100
Music 99
Fencing 1 (the offensive corner stone)

If we all agree to use this template will the posts be free of this nonsence?
Probably not.

P

pikon198

i dont mind tamers, most of the ones i run into usually pass by or when i see them hit all kill i start running. This just seems to be an issue with the big guilds in factions and stuff. The big guys go out in groups, tamers on one side and tamers on the other. Then when things don't go as planned they come here to bash the other guild for using cheap tactics. i have no problem with jsv, koc, or tnt. It seems they got problems between each other.

If your part of a small guild, your usually doing solo pvp. So when your out looking for a fight, your not gonna be looking to run into a big group of people, just a lone victim out there. So if you see a tamer, will you try and fight them, maybe if your suicidal, but if you die you died because its your own fault. I know when tamers attack me i dont stick around to fight back, i put my running skills to good use.

G

Tamers alone are far from unbeatable trust me I know, I was one.
They send the pets, you run and hide and come back. When I was tamer I used it for defence rather than offense. I was not strong so when a red (usually KOC located me in a dungeon I sent my pet, ran and hid. Then rezed my pet in saftey. Seemed kind of pathetic, but my skill were not high enough to have a chance so it let me keep my equiptment.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I will admit first off before I state my view that I am pretty new to siege in the scheme of things and I have not witness evolution of its community over the last few years first hand. In fact when I played years ago there was no siege can anyone tell me what year they opened the server? Was is sometime after the trammel add?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh.. NO.

Siege has been around a lot longer than you, obviously.

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

Its not PVP if they use a tamer? Well lets see, taming and lore are skills that are on the character. These skill you are used to manipulate creatures as fencing does kryss. Its a template, part of the game. They I see a rich and powerful veteran mad cause when he loots he is not getting enough value, lol. From what I have experienced your guild does not care what you have, they will take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, I can deal with people runnin gimp templates (nothin new), but understand that if you cheat, run gimp temps, etc. you have no right to talk trash.
And no, tamers are not player vs player. Tamers are player with two monsters who both have more stats, skills, faster casting, casting distance then any player mage is allowed to obtain to pvp with on themselves vs. player. As you pointed out, there have been many changes to overpowered templates in the past. Why then, would you turn around and say that nobody has the right to complain about the current problem/gimp template. If we don't express the fact that the majority of the population wants this to change, then how will devs know or even consider making the change. No crying, no change.

You make a good point in that there is a fine line between temp crying for change and talking trash. I have a tamer I choose not to pvp with, but I don't blame anyone for using the current gimp template anymore than I feel bad about chugging pots. Do it up till it changes, but I think some change is in order and I don't want to hear cheaters and gimps bragging about how "skilled" they are.

S

Stealth Caster

I absolutely agree with house. I have never seen so much whining about this template and that template. Here is some food for thought. Why do you think UO has been around for 10 years or so now? Is it because they have limited templates you can play? Or is it that they have made it so we are all alike? NO!! They have evolved this game in more ways than one. Now I have only been playing for about a year now and even I can tell that the reason UO has been around is because they do offer so many options and different templates you can play. I mean you can have thousands of different kinds of templates on this game. Some may be better than others in a certain situation but none of them are too powerful to ruin the game.

I also see people leaving UO because they are bored. I can understand that. But the good thing about UO vs WOW is that you build you skill up and you have so many choices to make. And if you do get bored, you can soulstone it and create another one.

I also have seen people post to the affect that Siege is a pvp and if they wanted to do pvm they would go to a production shard. BS!!! A pet is a skill and you have to use up the 720 available points for it. You can be mad that you cannot necessarily kill a person for there loot until you get rid of the pets well so be it. I too dont necessarily look at my pets as offense as much as I do defense for now. I use them to keep you busy so I can escape with my scissors and noob clothing that KOC loved to take. I look at this shard as a free for all. Not only a pvp but one in which you could have danger at any moment. You have to pay attention to your surroundings. If you get complacent you will die! Wow, that sounds just like it was for me in Iraq.

So play siege for what it is, use your template you want, stop whining and have some fun!

G

I agree with you 100 percent with cheaters part Hemp. While I have not witnessed any on my part (to my knowledge) I hear alot of rumors on it. It is unexeptable and I wish it was something better policed by the game. But this is a game competing with new age games and the cheaters are paying customers so I doubt UO will bann accounts in these times.

And so it is clear most of my posts are directed towards KOC usually, but my cheating remarks ARE NOT. While they are my enemies (I use the term loosly because honestly I have not kill one yet making it a pretty one sided fight lol)
I am not throwing those stones at them. Just to be clear.

S

Stealth Caster

Well Hemp I guess we will just agree to disagree. I know that you look at pets as monsters as I do not. But are pets really that hard to run from or to kill? I don't think so. I think people don't like them because they don't get to fight a person and loot them. Maybe I am wrong, but I am the one controlling the pet to attack you for the most part. And as you are fighting the pet you have to worry about where I am as well. So it is more of a challenge in that regards. But do you really think that tamers are too powerful? Or would you rather us all play as archers or whatever skill you choose? Just curious

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

the tamers arent the problem its the dismount with the tamers.
i dont know how any of you would have made it back when tamers had 3 or 4 dragons with them. but they also didnt dismount back then.

I

imported_Death of Hemp

With all do respect, you don't seem to know the gimp template we're even discussing. I can kill the tamers who don't know how to run one. However, what about the fully trained beetles that kill in one hit?! You're ok with hitting one key, all kill, and killing someone in one second before they can even take one step?! You have to have a nice trained beetle to do it but you shouldn't be able to do it at all. And what about pet balls?! I hate to tell you that you're dead wrong about runnin from pets now. Try setting uoa macros for two pet balls, get in wolf form and spam pet balls/all kill while chasing someone full speed. Now throw in the fact that the beetle that is chasing you full speed can cast four screens away?!

G

<blockquote><hr>

As I stated before been out a while, I played 97-98. If siege was there then I did not realize it thx, for the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Siege Perilous was created in 1999.