• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is RIDICULOUS!

G

I'm all for change, but I really think that taking the catalog away was a BIG mistake! Personally, I would spend more money if I could simply buy what I wanted, when I wanted it!

It's impossible to buy uncommon items anymore! I have been to every store open in search of dance cages and red velvet ropes! It's hard to ask for items when all the store owners and roomies are afk. And with the dev team planning on allowing you to keep properties open in the near future without having to remain there, it's only going to get worse!

Please.... BRING BACK THE CATALOG!

G

I have to agree here. I can't tell you how many times, my property is a store first because it has become so much easier this way for me. I go to a store and there is no greeting, nothing. When you say hello and get no response then how are you to be able to request something?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have to agree here. I can't tell you how many times, my property is a store first because it has become so much easier this way for me. I go to a store and there is no greeting, nothing. When you say hello and get no response then how are you to be able to request something?

[/ QUOTE ]

when, i go to a store and shop for things. I usally say hi, hello, how are you, today. its just me. I can't say this for other sims/avatars.

P

Pkmn_knight

I 3rd it but i think stores should have the catalog as it is now and non stores have to pay more for the items making it worth their money buying from a store.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

agreed. right now my money house is a store until i finish decorating my romance house. i gave up on trying to find white benches and other wedding deco.

G

This is how I made it

If you have a great friend ask him to move in what of your sims

Your first SIM (Main one, for example Heidi will be the customer
Your second SIM (The one on the same account as Heidi) will be the roommate at your friend's house.
Your third SIM (On completly diffrent, FREE account) will be the second roommate at your friend's shop, which will be able to keep it open for you.

That's how I did it.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Hmm...I don't disagree that catalog would be more useful if everyone could use it, like the past.

I was open in my store and available all weekend. Someone asked for dance cages but my 41% discount wasn't cheap enough. So maybe the stores aren't stocking these items because of the price. I believe they were around or more than 2k. Would you be able to afford them through the catalog without the discount? Or would you end up looking for a store to help you anyway?

I think there are pros and cons to every change they have made...and they make these changes for a reason. What their reason was for this, I don't know...

T

TKSpeedy1

Hey, guys...when you are at a store, don't forget to ASK for what you are looking for. Lots of places (including mine) don't have a lot of stuff sitting out but can get it for you at a decent discount. You just have to ask.

G

The problem with giving everyone the full catalog is it discourages a player driven world, with stores to buy things run by players (except for CC of course). You just have to find a non AFK store. Mine is, and i order from the catalogue for people all the time. I'm in TC3 too, there must be tons of them in EA Land isn't there?

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

The problem with giving everyone the full catalog is it discourages a player driven world, with stores to buy things run by players (except for CC of course). You just have to find a non AFK store. Mine is, and i order from the catalogue for people all the time. I'm in TC3 too, there must be tons of them in EA Land isn't there?

[/ QUOTE ]

So how does this fit in with the apparent need to frain the economy? If we buy items from the catalogue, it takes money from the game. Thats what they said they wanted, not a player driven world where money just accumulates.
Or have they changed their mind?

G

i own a store and have a couple of red ropes and might be able to get u some dance cages....would have to check the price on them. i'm rarely afk except when taking care of my kids but i will hear u come in. i'm not on the map. my store is Meara's Custom Creations.
Come by or IM one of my Meara's sometime and i will try my best to get u what u need

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

when, i go to a store and shop for things. I usally say hi, hello, how are you, today. its just me. I can't say this for other sims/avatars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do say hello and when I get no response, how am I to order what I need?

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe its the time of day you go, but I feel like your generalizing...
Do you only visit the top stores?
Anytime I am open I am there...I know many aren't but some of us are...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe its the time of day you go, but I feel like your generalizing...
Do you only visit the top stores?
Anytime I am open I am there...I know many aren't but some of us are...

[/ QUOTE ] S/he says it to be polite I'm guessing.... I doubt s/he gets a response.

G

I go different times of the day, I stopped going to the top stores as I know how they got there

I guess for me, I feel that as an owner/roomie, when someone comes into your lot you should greet them first. Kinda like when someone knocks on your door in RL, you open the door and greet them. That is just how I am.

M

mike1977

Just have to do the workaround since they took away the catalog...have one sim live at a store so you can give whatever you need to the other sim once item is pulled.

G

I agree with that.

I understand that owning a store can be way boring... but its extremely frustrating for someone who wants something simple and can't get it b/c someone picked a way to play that bores them.

oy.. .

I

imported_Gracie Nito

My shopping tricks......

I rarely bother to say hello to shop keepers unless they greet me first. The echo of my voice in these places is just too spooky.

I know how the discount system of stores work, so I know what they have to have on their lot in order to give me a good price on what I am looking for. If I land at a store with all custom objects, then I'm not about to ask them to buy me something from the catalog. If I land at a store that has no appliances on their lot, there is little point in asking them to buy me a stove. If I land at a store that carries tons of appliances and little else, I know better than to ask them for a bed. I know the best place to buy a dog bed is in a store that actually has other pets or pet objects already on their lot.

As for shopping for some offbeat cheap item like ropes, urninals or cuckoo clocks, I sit in the comfort of my home and IM roomies and owners of stores until one responds to my request. Eventually, an non-afk store keeper responds or comes back from their temporary afkness long enough to answer me. These attentative shopkeepers are the ones that get my business.

G

I guess for me, I feel that as an owner/roomie, when someone comes into your lot you should greet them first. Kinda like when someone knocks on your door in RL, you open the door and greet them. That is just how I am.

the trouble with this concept is that even though i greet you when you come in, perhaps you havent quite landed yet, so therefore you think i didnt greet you.... so you say nothing, thinking im afk....

i would also like to add...i greet almost every one that comes*excluding the few times i step away for just a min, and you leave before i have a chance to greet you* probably 98% of the customers do not bother responding back with a greeting, it gets very depressing at times, the way store owners are treated
its almost you sims dont see us as real people?

also, we can only get you items for what they cost us...and when i quote prices on things, the majority of the time, you dont want it at that price, its not our fault you know,the prices are high for us too! we have the same limits as you have, so therefore, how can we know exactly what to have in stock??? we are doing the very best we can, and with very little appreciation for our trouble, sorry, i just grow so weary of all the attacks on store owners:(

G

My solution was to find a helpful, non-AFK store owner Big Daddy Mike who would get things from the catalog for me if he didn't stock them. I had more than a few uncommon requests.

When I go shopping, I start at the bottom of the top 100 list, to find people who aren't just AFKing their way to the top of the list. But then, irl I don't shop at Walmart or Costco. I prefer to buy from a person.

I assume if/when they do let us buy directly from a catalog, we will pay more.

I wonder if someone could host searchable property web pages so stores could advertise. I read through the property pages in the game, but they are small and inconvenient.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Just have to do the workaround since they took away the catalog...have one sim live at a store so you can give whatever you need to the other sim once item is pulled.

[/ QUOTE ]

The work around is great for having access to the catalog. Sure, set up a store lot so you can see what is available. However, you are still going to get better prices in stores already set up with top discounts. I would never pay retail price for something I know I can get cheaper in an established store.

G

Agreed.
I went shopping for a........ creative guitar skilling thingy.
The only one I could find was priced above the "valued at" price and was 80% worn. An hour and a half wasted.
Yes, I know - "It's not the destination, it's the journey." Blahblahblah.

How come no one feels that way on the way home after a two week business trip?

G

<blockquote><hr>

My solution was to find a helpful, non-AFK store owner Big Daddy Mike who would get things from the catalog for me if he didn't stock them. I had more than a few uncommon requests.

When I go shopping, I start at the bottom of the top 100 list, to find people who aren't just AFKing their way to the top of the list. But then, irl I don't shop at Walmart or Costco. I prefer to buy from a person.

I assume if/when they do let us buy directly from a catalog, we will pay more.

I wonder if someone could host searchable property web pages so stores could advertise. I read through the property pages in the game, but they are small and inconvenient.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike bought me an item yesterday, he is a nice guy.

I have seen ropes for sale, they were not cheap.

I have tried to get cheap dance floors, I think Im giving up on that.

Apparently the catalog is very expensive and you have to get lucky and find someone who had what you want from TSO.

G

I have 8 dance cages in inv from BF. They are between 31-33% wear.
Send me a message ingame.. make me an offer on them if you are interested... Chaat-BF.

G

I agree that it is extremely difficult to find something in stores now.
As I've posted before I'm disappointed that it has become the norm that people are afk in their stores.

If you like you can IM my sim Paprik'Ha if she's online and you need something.
I run a store and I'm always there in person if I'm open. Same goes for my roomies.
(I'm usually open from 8am to bedtime my time... But not during the "evening" for american times since I'm in Sweden and I need my beauty sleep
)

I always say hello when someone enters, but I might be too fast sometimes if you're a slow lander.

If I can't get things for a good price I say so, too.
I do give you the retail + the price I can get it for so you can compare and decide.
I've sent a lot of customers to Whiteylicious' store lately... For dance floors, urinals and whatnot... I should get commission from her, hehe

Some items are difficult for us to stock with the dynamic prices / prices being changed by the devs constantly. The most expensive items in the Entertainment and Skill/Job objects categories for instance. I don't want to try to stock those until I get an order - since they can cost 5000 today and 4000 tomorrow.
If I splash out and stock 10 of them I'll be out of business when the price is dropped by the devs.

T

TKSpeedy1

YOu can always IM me (Mistress Scarlet) or come to my shop, too. I'm usually on after 1 p.m. eastern until at least 3 a.m. I can't guarantee I can get you what you want if it's expensive at the moment until I sell what I have due to the fact that I just redid my whole house, but i will try.

W

Whitilicious 07'

<blockquote><hr>

I'm all for change, but I really think that taking the catalog away was a BIG mistake! Personally, I would spend more money if I could simply buy what I wanted, when I wanted it!

It's impossible to buy uncommon items anymore! I have been to every store open in search of dance cages and red velvet ropes! It's hard to ask for items when all the store owners and roomies are afk. And with the dev team planning on allowing you to keep properties open in the near future without having to remain there, it's only going to get worse!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well You didn't have any trouble buying the red ropes at my shop i believe it was 12 @ 55 each , they cost me 44 .No i don't have cages not many do , and even if u had the catalog they are $4237 each ...

G

Well You didn't have any trouble buying the red ropes at my shop i believe it was 12 @ 55 each , they cost me 44 .No i don't have cages not many do , and even if u had the catalog they are $4237 each ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again! It was wonderful to find a helpful, cheerful store owner!

M

mameloot

<blockquote><hr>

My shopping tricks......

I rarely bother to say hello to shop keepers unless they greet me first. The echo of my voice in these places is just too spooky.

I know how the discount system of stores work, so I know what they have to have on their lot in order to give me a good price on what I am looking for. If I land at a store with all custom objects, then I'm not about to ask them to buy me something from the catalog. If I land at a store that has no appliances on their lot, there is little point in asking them to buy me a stove. If I land at a store that carries tons of appliances and little else, I know better than to ask them for a bed. I know the best place to buy a dog bed is in a store that actually has other pets or pet objects already on their lot.

As for shopping for some offbeat cheap item like ropes, urninals or cuckoo clocks, I sit in the comfort of my home and IM roomies and owners of stores until one responds to my request. Eventually, an non-afk store keeper responds or comes back from their temporary afkness long enough to answer me. These attentative shopkeepers are the ones that get my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent tips Gracie.
LOL...I hadn't thought of shopping from home through IM's ... Internet shopping comes to EA Land. What next? The home shopping network?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's ridiculous. I think it's an awesome idea. I absolutely love it. All because it upsets people that think everything should be there way rather than the way it's best for the community.

G

they for sure need to bring it back...its easier to decorate knowing whats available not the usually showers, toilets, and hot tubs....fun to have other objects in your house