• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is it.

S

stumpy

Well, accounts are finally closed and I have put in my notice to stratics.

I haven't been around the last few months as I have gone out and found myself a life which the game deprived me of for over 3 years. All I can say, is Thank God its over.

Addiction to an online game is a strange thing, it has all the hallmarks of an actual drug addiction, without the actual mind altering side effects. Seeing what I was, playing a game for 10+ hours a day, ignoring friends and family disgusts me and seeing what it has actually done to others is even worse. To name a few things:

5 Broken Marriages. 2 because of online adultery, 2 from real adultery and one from someone just getting sick of their partner playing for so long.
A "secret" threesome which became known by most of the community.
People cheating on their partners at "RL Meetups"
People spending thousands on a game when they actually cannot afford it. (I know some can and they can make some good money from it)
People sending around nude pictures of themselves to other people to get benefits in game. (Admittedly this wasn't on Oceania)
People forwarding on nude pictures that were sent to them from their "E-lover" (this WAS on Oceania)
Threats of RL legal action and use of personal details against them (I had this done to me)

This is just the tip of the iceberg sadly. I could keep going if I wanted to.

Another funny thing, how willing people are to "trust" others over the net, especially from an online game. I have heard so many stories from so many different people about the real life happenings of each other, One night I even had 3 separate people telling me one story about someone but each slightly twisted to add a new aspect to it.
So-called "trusted" and well liked people were telling me things (and offering to send me things) that would make even the immature Adelaide twins blush.

There are alot of things I will admit I laughed at that they did. I had people who on stratics were condemning them, but were icqing me the next day to tell them something else to spread around about their guildmates/friends.
Why? I do not know. Some things I passed on, but most if I didn't found their way into Petrify's knowledge anyway, so were used anyway.
The Rons? Just rich young men with too much time on their hands. They have the information because tongues wag and so so many people to bait and annoy, mixed with a seemingly ineffective new system *coughs* they just can get so much entertainment out of annoying people who they won't meet outside of a forum online, so it means nothing to them.
Now when someone says to a child "don't provoke the dog, it will bite you" and the child does it, gets bitten and cries to mummy, the child seemingly does deserve what they get for ignoring the warning.
When someone says, don't reply to the foolish twins and provoke them to go further, the person does so, gets abused and goes crying to authority (in this case moderators) do they deserve what they get??
Oh and just a note to the "Janitor Bashers" A good friend of mine cleared $200k last year from doing majority Cleaning with a bit of other odd jobs on the side, so it definately can get you just as much, if not more cash than a general little pencil dic.....Pusher. Hell, his boss paid for him to go on an Antarctic cruise last year as a 5 year with the company present.

It's almost a seedy kind of little world under the surface of UO. The PvPers are the most honest bunch of them all really. They tell is as they think they see it (although sometimes fluffing up a number or two) but the world of the "trammy" is fake. So many "secrets" have been revealed, from someones inability to have children to someones depravity with vegetables (it wasn't a photoshop job either)*shudders*

Now UO...... Formerly a great game. The community made the game. Now you know about the real community.
It was never that awesome as it was made out to be. Graphics were always horrid. Dev support, worse. The one thing about the game that made it great, truly separate from the others, the skill system died with AoS. The age of stuff made UO about the items, not the player. I was a horrid PvPer, most can attest to that, but I had a great suit and good bows, so therefore I was good. Scripting made it easy for one to train a character in a few days, or to get the wood or ore they wanted, or even to find idocs. *coughs*

Now my rant doesn't include everyone on here. There are a few great and actual genuine people. Ovr, Silk, Sneaky, Mijac, Simsalabim, Squall, Jedi, (yes I put them together in a positive sentence) to name a few, but there is just that much crap that is spread around that the lines between truth and fiction are only known when the pictures are received and then promptly deleted because..... well they were rather sickening.

This is the end of my rant here, alot of you will know of the events in which I speak, some because you may have told me, some because you heard it from those who told me.
The door has already hit my ass a few times (it felt good so I let it) so farewell, I may come back for a chat every now and again but I am more than over UO and its crap. If not, I will see you in Darkfall. the way UO should have ended up.

R

RenaLynne

Wow, not to bash you but sounds like you were playing to meet people IRL, not play a game. I dont think you can blame cheating on UO. Plz... If you didnt like the drama going on why not stop talking to those people?

S

Sunrise

and U were a mod? Dang...

well hate to see anyone go...But see ya....

T

thenow

The things you mention that ppl do ingame, they do everywhere. I'm careful with anything I do when it comes to ppl. It is a sign of our times, ppl can be very dishonourable. However ppl can also display very good qualities and when I experience or see this it gives me evidence of what ppl do have inside also.The online world seems to give ppl who will display undesirable aspects of themsevles the chance to express these elements more so because there are barely no repercussions. Thats why humanity needs laws irl and games have rules until we become more intelligent and enlightened.
As to the addiction aspects of your post, this goes with all addiction forms. It will ruin lives or at least make someone life much less then it could be. No matter what that addiction is. I am slightly addict to UO[ I was more so a few yrs ago] I admit but I have learnt not to let UO[or anything] rule my life.
Anyway , as I said to you a few mths ago, all the best , take care and hopefully[as for all of us] life will become it fullest for you.

PS- to those that think threesomes are something to look for, never do them with some one you love, your relationship will not last!!

F

Farscape

Umm that rant was not the Stumpy I know ?anyway take care enjoy life get out of Darkfall no diff to any online game
addiction.:hug:

O

Ovrkill

Well, accounts are finally closed and I have put in my notice to stratics.

I haven't been around the last few months as I have gone out and found myself a life which the game deprived me of for over 3 years. All I can say, is Thank God its over.

Addiction to an online game is a strange thing, it has all the hallmarks of an actual drug addiction, without the actual mind altering side effects. Seeing what I was, playing a game for 10+ hours a day, ignoring friends and family disgusts me and seeing what it has actually done to others is even worse. To name a few things:

5 Broken Marriages. 2 because of online adultery, 2 from real adultery and one from someone just getting sick of their partner playing for so long.
A "secret" threesome which became known by most of the community.
People cheating on their partners at "RL Meetups"
People spending thousands on a game when they actually cannot afford it. (I know some can and they can make some good money from it)
People sending around nude pictures of themselves to other people to get benefits in game. (Admittedly this wasn't on Oceania)
People forwarding on nude pictures that were sent to them from their "E-lover" (this WAS on Oceania)
Threats of RL legal action and use of personal details against them (I had this done to me)

This is just the tip of the iceberg sadly. I could keep going if I wanted to.

Another funny thing, how willing people are to "trust" others over the net, especially from an online game. I have heard so many stories from so many different people about the real life happenings of each other, One night I even had 3 separate people telling me one story about someone but each slightly twisted to add a new aspect to it.
So-called "trusted" and well liked people were telling me things (and offering to send me things) that would make even the immature Adelaide twins blush.

There are alot of things I will admit I laughed at that they did. I had people who on stratics were condemning them, but were icqing me the next day to tell them something else to spread around about their guildmates/friends.
Why? I do not know. Some things I passed on, but most if I didn't found their way into Petrify's knowledge anyway, so were used anyway.
The Rons? Just rich young men with too much time on their hands. They have the information because tongues wag and so so many people to bait and annoy, mixed with a seemingly ineffective new system *coughs* they just can get so much entertainment out of annoying people who they won't meet outside of a forum online, so it means nothing to them.
Now when someone says to a child "don't provoke the dog, it will bite you" and the child does it, gets bitten and cries to mummy, the child seemingly does deserve what they get for ignoring the warning.
When someone says, don't reply to the foolish twins and provoke them to go further, the person does so, gets abused and goes crying to authority (in this case moderators) do they deserve what they get??
Oh and just a note to the "Janitor Bashers" A good friend of mine cleared $200k last year from doing majority Cleaning with a bit of other odd jobs on the side, so it definately can get you just as much, if not more cash than a general little pencil dic.....Pusher. Hell, his boss paid for him to go on an Antarctic cruise last year as a 5 year with the company present.

It's almost a seedy kind of little world under the surface of UO. The PvPers are the most honest bunch of them all really. They tell is as they think they see it (although sometimes fluffing up a number or two) but the world of the "trammy" is fake. So many "secrets" have been revealed, from someones inability to have children to someones depravity with vegetables (it wasn't a photoshop job either)*shudders*

Now UO...... Formerly a great game. The community made the game. Now you know about the real community.
It was never that awesome as it was made out to be. Graphics were always horrid. Dev support, worse. The one thing about the game that made it great, truly separate from the others, the skill system died with AoS. The age of stuff made UO about the items, not the player. I was a horrid PvPer, most can attest to that, but I had a great suit and good bows, so therefore I was good. Scripting made it easy for one to train a character in a few days, or to get the wood or ore they wanted, or even to find idocs. *coughs*

Now my rant doesn't include everyone on here. There are a few great and actual genuine people. Ovr, Silk, Sneaky, Mijac, Simsalabim, Squall, Jedi, (yes I put them together in a positive sentence) to name a few, but there is just that much crap that is spread around that the lines between truth and fiction are only known when the pictures are received and then promptly deleted because..... well they were rather sickening.

This is the end of my rant here, alot of you will know of the events in which I speak, some because you may have told me, some because you heard it from those who told me.
The door has already hit my ass a few times (it felt good so I let it) so farewell, I may come back for a chat every now and again but I am more than over UO and its crap. If not, I will see you in Darkfall. the way UO should have ended up.
ahhhh this is the stumpy i know :)
We have had some great laughs together my friend, and shared some stories. Stay in touch mate. Look forward to hearing many RL stories from you.

Oh and why was stumpy a moderator on Oceania ??
Because I chose him, I asked him to be a mod... because he was, and still is, one of the only people who i trust, and he has not let me down as a moderator, he did exactly what was expected of him, and to the letter.
Thanks mate, for backing me up, and being here to take out the trash when i couldnt.

To all the rest who read this thread.
After reading through stumpy's post, i can clearly see this is not a sexist post, nor is it lashing out at anyone in particular. It is a wake up call. One that has been seriously needed for a long time.

For those of you who are complaining because you are the ones who stumpy is referring to, please think twice before you post or make complaints. You are bringing unwanted attention to yourself as well as admitting to the public that you are one of the non named people within this thread.

Accept the thread as it is. A WARNING.

And further more, take this as a warning as well, be careful what you post in this thread, for i will be watching and will gladly nerf anything that is out of line.

and for gods sake, go out and get some sunshine will ya's!

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best thread ever. The truth is revealed. I told you all RON WAS IMFORMED!!

LOL @ Oceania.

Hmm I can't say much more or this will be deleted.

To true, oceanian outcasts get off the net and see some sunlight. I think you need it. Net relationships arnt heathy. Its antisocial behaviour which can result in you being alienated IRL.

PS Mijac your one of the people who sends PMs and laughs when i reveal certain truths. Lol lol lol lol trammies. Makes me laugh so much more when the trammies moderator spills the truth, lol lol.

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, funniest thread ever. I can't beleive how messed up the trammies really are. See us PvPers are here for fun, i.e fights between each other. While the trammies are a sad bunch, they came to play UO to meet people, make friends, and have relationships because they lack that IRL. I have been preaching this for years. I mean you only need to look at there IRL pictures and the threads/manner they post to determine this. I think an old player from a fel blue guild will make the 6th marriage to end - because her partner/kids would be sick of her playing 12+ hours a day on UO (now WOW).

Yes Stumpy did tell me a lot of the things I write, and yes trammie spies do give me comic information about the pathetic online hookups because they are such social outcasts they need a game to hide behind to "pick up". I remember one guy use to tell me lot of information, then I found out he met is girlfriend on UO, lol did that backfire haha. However all of this information i get comes from trammies, they are the messed up ones. I mean I knew Sneaky loved to chat up the house wives etc and cleaned toilets but he was doing not much more than a chat site. Its the real trammies who are socially messed up.

To name a few:

Annie the jackal. Great laugh.

A large girl and a double taker guy. Oh my that was a laugh, espicially when the trammies forwarded her picture onto me.

A certain large trammie guild, my god. I am told that a real lonley couple met up via ultima and are uglier than "Le monster" etc :)P). I never got the picture because the "tram guild" spy (Stumpy) had some remorse. I guess these 2 were actually nice.

But yes it was confirmed to me that these certain large tram guilds were pretty much "hook up" net works for lonley geeks around Australia.

See some of you think what I say is complete BS, well sorry, all your "online" friends love to spread the facts to the Rons because a lot of them laugh at it. They are just to gutless to write it themselves. Deceptive little trammies.

200k a year as a cleaner is good. But its classless work. My earnings potential will be unlimited soon, infact I wouldn't be happy with 200k but i've been brought up very materialistic. Most people here are simple, thus have simple needs and wants - crap house, car, and a family - no thanks.

I can understand why you quit Stumpy, playing 10 hours+ everyday isn't heathy. I play a few hours most nights managing full time work, CA, and all the normal stuff (sorry i dont mean chatting to online friends lol). Stay away from online games altogether if you can't control yourself. Hmmm now I need to have direct contact with those funny little spies - ICQ ME! I'll post all the stuff your to gutless to!

T

thenow

Yet again , ron misses the whole point due mostly to his pyschological misfortunes and partly due to his insecure need to defend himself through pain giving. By your words[which was foretold in this thread] you have dug your hole deeper yet again.

PS- waits for your delusional pain giving attempts at insults. I wonder if it'll be tradie, fridgie, gutless, idiot.......

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha yeh, that is the Stumpy I have come to know also ;)

Champion bloke mate, you will be missed. Thanks for the memories :)

Good luck with whatever you do mate, hope to see you back here one day.

Like I say to everyone who leaves... you'll be back :D :p

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay for the real Stumpy posting. He was one who I didn't mind having in OPK (one of few), he wasn't good but he played his role well and wasn't a complete idiot like other former members.

I wonder when we are going to see the real Mijac/Ovrkill (admittedly Mijac is starting to show his realness with his moderating).

F

Farscape

I am a trammie as you say ? so be careful who you use as a target here i will take offence:talktothehand:

W

Waylander

All the best in your future Stumpy.

Hope you got the bite you where after :p

F

Fink

I will see you in Darkfall. the way UO should have ended up.
"Heroin's for losers, crack is way cooler."

Most disturbing part of the post is the Darkfall comment, and that's saying something. Don't do it all over again, seriously. Unplug. Get well. I may not be a "genuine" person (I'm just a cheap knock-off from a factory in Belfast), but I'm genuine when I say I don't like to see human life wasted. Yours seemed to have some redeeming qualities there for a while.

A

Azureal

What an absolute trainwreck of a post.

Funny thing about addiction, it only affects those weak enough to be affected. I smoked for years. I loved blaming the nicotine, it was an easy way out and a way to justify my inability to quit. Then one day I did quit. No patches. No visits to the doctor to cry and have someone tell me its ok. I just quit. That was 7 years ago.

I dont know you. I have no idea what all the **** going on behind the scenes is all about, and I couldnt care less. YOU put yourself in those positions. You paid the monthly fee for your internet access, and your game subscription.

To quote you...

I haven't been around the last few months as I have gone out and found myself a life which the game deprived me of for over 3 years.
Life was there all along. 5 marriages? **** me. Were the first 4 not indication enough?

And the absolute best part of this whole post...you go from blaming the game and describing all the bad things its done to your life, how its not what it used to be, to ending with "See you all in Darkfall."

Sorry, what?

Dude, ring your ISP right now, disconnect everything, sell your computer and start collecting butterflies or something.

E

Ericge99

Hey mate Nice post, once again i'm here wishing you the best, and i'm glad your moving on with your life. You deserve it. I'm grateful for my time not only knowing you but also for playing with you in this "addictive" game.
I'll miss the laughs and fun, so once again mate, take care and safe travels.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Life was there all along. 5 marriages? **** me. Were the first 4 not indication enough?
Mate, he is not talking about himself with the marriages etc stuff...

A

Azureal

Mate, he is not talking about himself with the marriages etc stuff...
Thank christ for that. From what little memory I have of the guy I didnt think he was old enough to have even been married once.

The fact he has all of everyone elses bad **** inside of him as well as his own lends to an extremely unsound position.

Time off and well away from anything related to online society can only be a good thing.

S

stumpy

Don't worry None of that stuff is me, only the personal details bit. I have been in a relationship for 4 years going strong so that part is all good.

Thanks for the kind messages from some, but I have to laugh at a few certain people who have taken it waaaaaaaaaayyyyy to far and seriously. Especially since those certain people are ones who told me things and may or may not be involved in a few of those activities.

The thoughts of "its not the Stumpy I knew" well..... if the Stumpy you knew was a 21 year old male, who has never been married or had a threesome or even been to an RL meetup then yes the old Stumpy still exists.
If the Stumpy who is honest and tells things as he sees them is the Stumpy you do not know then you did not know Stumpy.

I enjoy being the smartass. Hell, most of the stuff I was told was second or third hand anyway, people were more than willing to spread the word.
I find alot of the crap that has gone on between the people here totally hilarious. I mean.... Seriously what kind of person goes out of their way to send their own nude pictures to others on the net and then threaten to sue when they "accidentally" get out....
What motivates someone to do something like this?? I mean sure, Arhaniel was right, the internet gives people a way to express their less desirable sides.

Seriously.... the amount of stories and crap I have on some of the more well known members of the community are probably larger than EA's complaints department. Oh and for the person who found it so much fun to attack me so nicely on here, take a long hard think when you read and when you type things. How can a 21 year old be married five times? I wonder..... Maybe I'm in a cult?? I am fully awake, as I have been for the last few months, to what the game can do, maybe you should do the same. (thanks to the individual who screenshotted it for me as well)

But anyway...

Fink, you are one I wasn't thinking of at the time (it was about 3 in the morning) but you have always been cool by me and yeah I would classify you as genuine. Hell I have still stolen your mortal wombat pic, which i still think is too incredibly awesome for words.
My aim is to be working full time before I play another game which won't give me the time to stay on and play all night and day.
I know its a weird situation, but I still enjoy gaming and I believe I could play it, for the enjoyment, not the addiction.
Most of all I know where my limits are now.

T

TC WORSHIPPER

200k a year as a cleaner is good. But its classless work. My earnings potential will be unlimited soon, infact I wouldn't be happy with 200k but i've been brought up very materialistic. Most people here are simple, thus have simple needs and wants - crap house, car, and a family - no thanks.

Unlimited ??? LOL !!! You better thank God if u can even earn 50k p.a !

LOL ! HAHAHAH ! so funny !

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

K

Kevlar

Sorry to see you go man! Although, I obviously didn't get into the nitty gritty (nice euphemism?) as you did, the undercurrents just on this forum and in game are enough to concern most people of the duplicity of some people. Having said that, there are a lot of decent people playing and posting - just keep them at arms length (especially as a Moderator).

Hope the cold turkey isn't too bad! Cya!

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unlimited ??? LOL !!! You better thank God if u can even earn 50k p.a !

LOL ! HAHAHAH ! so funny !

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Shows what you know, im not even a CA (close to it) yet and above that now. See my point is Stumpy is comparing a simple cleaner to a top end cleaner. The top end cleaner earns 200k p.a.

Ok lets go to top "accountants" = CFO or partners at large/big 4 accounting firms. Big 4 partners can expect $500k p.a in Syd & Melb + salary on top of that.

For all you simpletons who have no idea about the financial world, CFO = Chief Financial Officer, which is effectively the person who manages all of the financial reporting issues for the company. CFO exists for all large privately and publically listed companies. Now a CFO of a large to public company will easily pull 300k p.a + share options valued in the $100ks p.a. Now this is for a company well below a value of $1 billion. Go to the upper end of town and expect multiple millions a year just in Australia. However im just stating what a top notch "accountant" earns. Im not planning on being an accountant. I'm using my CA as a gateway, like many many CEOs and hedge fund analyst. Simply read an ASX listed annual report it will show the renumeration and shares issued at the back in the notes. It will show im not ranting bull**** like you Buster. However I doubt 99% of the people have seen nor know how to read a listed financial report. I guess thats why the rich and the poor continues to grow.

So yeah I would be extremely UNLUCKY to get $50k p.a because im above that now idiot. What do you do Buster? selling uogold at $0.90 cents a million won't get you far buddy. Also owning a porsche isn't "great" overseas. I'll be buying a new 911 when i go to the states to live. They are a mere 70k brand new because the bs taxes arn't attached. Cayene is even cheaper.

F

Farscape

Shows what you know, im not even a CA (close to it) yet and above that now. See my point is Stumpy is comparing a simple cleaner to a top end cleaner. The top end cleaner earns 200k p.a.

Ok lets go to top "accountants" = CFO or partners at large/big 4 accounting firms. Big 4 partners can expect $500k p.a in Syd & Melb + salary on top of that.

For all you simpletons who have no idea about the financial world, CFO = Chief Financial Officer, which is effectively the person who manages all of the financial reporting issues for the company. CFO exists for all large privately and publically listed companies. Now a CFO of a large to public company will easily pull 300k p.a + share options valued in the $100ks p.a. Now this is for a company well below a value of $1 billion. Go to the upper end of town and expect multiple millions a year just in Australia. However im just stating what a top notch "accountant" earns. Im not planning on being an accountant. I'm using my CA as a gateway, like many many CEOs and hedge fund analyst. Simply read an ASX listed annual report it will show the renumeration and shares issued at the back in the notes. It will show im not ranting bull**** like you Buster. However I doubt 99% of the people have seen nor know how to read a listed financial report. I guess thats why the rich and the poor continues to grow.

So yeah I would be extremely UNLUCKY to get $50k p.a because im above that now idiot. What do you do Buster? selling uogold at $0.90 cents a million won't get you far buddy. Also owning a porsche isn't "great" overseas. I'll be buying a new 911 when i go to the states to live. They are a mere 70k brand new because the bs taxes arn't attached. Cayene is even cheaper.
When you get to the top of the ladder (if ever) gimme a call I will give you a tour :D

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Safe travels, wherever life takes you, Stumpy. Of the many genuinely good people I've had the pleasure of meeting on Oce, you're one of the few the shard will be lesser for losing. Cheers for all those times you popped into Despise on Beaver, saying hi and leaving Lantrieve and I to it, for the couple of IDOCs you shared with us, and for generally being a good bloke. All the same, I can't blame you for calling it a night, getting close to going that way ourselves.

Best of luck to you and your lady.

finalsquall

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Stumpy, well this ain't a real good bye from me as I'll see you on the PSN and maybe Home when it comes out.

Yeah the online world has its downfalls and UO has many dramas - most were plain fun, while others were just ****.

I wish you the best. You were one of my favorite UO enemies in Fel :p and a good m8 on the outside. I just want you to get Warhawk already and we can have some fragging fun :)

Cheers

T

TC WORSHIPPER

LOL you are one funny dude . Let me give you a piece of advice . Ron , You be better off selling kebabs .

But i have to agree with you that owning a porsche isnt that great . But just for your info , Av bought his porsche for 220k USD . LOL !!!

Ur such a loser !

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL you are one funny dude . Let me give you a piece of advice . Ron , You be better off selling kebabs .

But i have to agree with you that owning a porsche isnt that great . But just for your info , Av bought his porsche for 220k USD . LOL !!!

Ur such a loser !

Seriously, your forum handle suits you. your obsessing over Avenger... anyone else find this strange and disturbing?

Also good job of turning a Farwell thread into an argument over ex players.

Cya Stumpy. All the best

M

MissMelon

It's good to see you're doing so well stumpy! all the best for the future :)

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ur such a loser !

lol. Did he buy that porsche on need for speed?

D

Dain

Goodbye, farewell and goodluck.

I can't say i ever knew u well; which is weird considering how long we have both played but i do miss any face that comes to fell.

To all those that posted, disagreeing, degrading or insulting stumping or any other UO player; i don't believe you have neither the right nor knowledge to do so.

Like everything in life; you can never know all the circumstances and factor's like the person/s directly involved. Some aren't as strong as other's, some have different standards or living and life and other's don't know where to go, what to do or how to do it.

As far as relationship's go, why should it matter who you are, what u or your partner looks like and especially where you met them? These people will never effect your life; relationships can be formed under the strangest of conditions in the most unexpected places, do these people not deserve their chance of happiness?

And for people like Pet and the Ron's etc that are aiming for such high powered and materialistic lives; this is your dream, not other's. I (haha yes that’s right 'I' am saying this) can't believe how immature you are. Your priorities in life are COMPLETELY ****ED UP. A person can't ask for more then to be content with what they have, but to exceed that level is greedy and will have consequences.

I know i will achieve nothing by this post but it was twitching my conscience to not say it :/

All that said, just as everyone is different and UO affects them in a different way; i have never had any of these experiences.

I am 16 (only just) and i have played regularly since BETA of the first UO.
I am extremely healthy and fit (probably wouldn't be if it wasn't an obsession of mine), maintain an extensive social life and a long term relationship. I excel at school and TAFE, i am my school rep and have a part time/holiday job.

I don't allow UO to impend on any of this; i concede that whenever i am home or have my laptop with me you will probably see one of my character's around though.

I do not intend to be famous, rich or powerful, my goal is to be able to raise ATLEST 6 :D Kids in a comfortable environment. SHOCK HORROR THE WORLD DOESN"T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE!

My 2cents are spent.

D

Dain

Honestly, i can't remember.

My brother was in his early 20's at the time studying computer's and he got payed to do a beta. I made my first char on his account at that time.

Are *sigh* back in the day, used 2 hands on the mouse. Spent my time picking up reagents for him and i remember the first time i died; twas to a horse near moonglow.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't worry Dain, the last 'career' anyone should be going into at this point in the evolution of the industrial society is anything to do with economics, accountancy, service industries, banking etc etc.

In fact for those who have been studying and researching the global impact of oil and the peaking of the world's oil supplies (which I and my partner have been pretty carefully researching for the past 8 yrs) I suggest reading the report prepared for the US Government by Robert_L._Hirsch in 2005. Then proceed to the LATOC site and keep abreast of the breaking news. This site has been around for a decade or more and is pretty much the 'starting' point for those interested in this issue. It contains links to pretty much all other researchers, geologist reports, oil exec reports etc etc. Only in the past year has this topic finally started to make it into the main stream media in any meaningful way, tho in a lot of cases there is still the ostrich with the head in the sand mentality and that of a 'rosy' outcome. However this is one case where refusing to see through the trees is often preferable than to face reality, because frankly you cannot find any 'expert' that is giving anything other than a bleak outcome to this issue.

Most financial advisers I have dealt with have no clue as to the current status of the worlds grim situation, there is a myth that the 'economy' will always have perpetual growth. Over the past year we are finally seeing the beginning of the end of our current way of living. All the current sub prime mortgage crashes, the continuing round of bank crashes, and the worst year on the stockmarket write-offs, airlines and mv industries folding up, the massive reduction in property markets etc is just the beginning of the end for western 'economies' as we know it, the end of cheap oil.

I would suggest organic farming is likely to be the most useful skill in the coming decades. In the future, a loaf of bread will be worth more than a truckload of worthless paper money, stocks and bonds etc.

And, no, I don't care if anyone believes me, it is to your peril not mine. But for those of you who have the ability to read and comprehend, do the research for yourself and if you come to the same conclusions that I have, then I suggest you start to divest yourself of all debt, get out of any stock market shares you have, downsize your living arrangements and prepare for a lot of years of rising prices, food shortages, energy shortages and very few fun times. Prior to the industrial age that commenced with 'cheap oil' the world's population was approx 2 billion. With the coming of cheap oil and industrialization in the past 100 yrs it has multiplied to over 7 billion.

Guess what happens when the 'cheap oil' is no more?

Due to the shortsightedness of world governments the mitigation works that 'may' have avoided the obvious outcomes and may have 'cushioned' the impact of global world oil peak prior to it happening were never done, so while I normally don't 'post' on topics that are not directly related to UO, due to the nonsense I see written by some in this thread, I guess a wake up call is needed, and perhaps some of you reading this will do as I say and read those sites, follow the links, look at the reports and recommendations entered into the Australian Governments Hansard Records, some I might add years ago and never 'acted' on by previous governments, again to our peril, do the math and make up your own mind as to which of the thousands of reports are valid and start to prepare yourselves.

And to those like yourself, Dain, the younger generation who will need to 'wear' most if not all of the impact, it is really critical that you start to become more aware of what is happening in the outside world, depressing tho it may be, it is you who will need to start focusing on a new world in which within the next 5-20 yrs will be UPON US.

Most experts now agree that world oil supplies peaked in 2005. It is a rapid slippery slide downhill from here. When the Industrialised West's economies rapidly implode which is what we are starting to see now, the need for accountants will be like the need for "tits on a bull". At least a cleaner will still have a 'sellable skill' with which to make a living, and will probably be a lot 'fitter' when it comes to manual labouring.

N

nushpapa

Ohhh wow i just read your entire posts and no offence but i believe much of your infomation is wrong apart from the financial advisers part, they don't know whats happening but thats because many of them don't even have a fricken commerce degree so how can u expect them to understand what is going on?

Organic farmer? you serious, in a couple decades China and India will have developed and corporations will be exploiting cheap labour in Africa to make the food you as an "organic farmer" make but 100s of times cheaper then you. Then export to Australia and walla ur screwed.

Regarding oil, we're all guessing atm there may be a actual crisis or it may just be a speculative hype, we can still have cheap duel but it just happens that the saudi's don't want to pump that much. Why? because by limiting supply it makes them RICH. lets says the world does run out of crude oil or at least the required ammount to keep cars etc on the road? what will happen? we begin using nuclear fuel. It's cleaner, not as dangerous and everyone believes (this isn't fricken sim city ppl nuclear plants do not melt down every 2 hours). And the oil prices have gone down, the reason the pump is still high is because there is a lag between the economy and what actually effects ur consumers. Its like interest rates, it goes up but it won't make us all of a sudden decide to save more will it? it takes time for these things to occur.

And accountants etc.. not being required? LOL Not unless all governments break down and we live in caves will accountants be of no use. As long as there are governments, corporations there will be accountants. do you honestly believe we will revert back to the days where we walk miles and miles to trade milk for maybe a loaf of bread? You seem to not understand the purpose of accounting. It is a form of keeping a tally of where the cash is going. It isn't all about tax avoidance which people on this forum seem to believe but it is actually to maintain the well being of companies bcz a company with no cash on hand is as good as a dead company. They also give legal advice, advice on company future actions etc... they do a lot more then people believe.

Commerce requires you to be in the top 5 percentile to even get in it, at an internationally reputable uni... well thats my opinion anyway. Do you really believe all of us (yes including me) are all really that dumb to study a course that will be redundent in a couple years? remember these r the people who are within the top 5% regarding intelligence. And even if what you say occurs, it only means the damand of accountants etc... will be less required. This will just lead to less people taking up the course and a balance between demand and supply will be reached again.

T

thenow

But for those of you who have the ability to read and comprehend, do the research for yourself and if you come to the same conclusions that I have, then I suggest you start to divest yourself of all debt, get out of any stock market shares you have, downsize your living arrangements and prepare for a lot of years of rising prices, food shortages, energy shortages and very few fun times. QUOTE]

I agree to most of what you say[there are differences in my understandings] and have quoted this part to illustrate that personal research is wise for all.

Russia has made policy to give the ppl there land with the condition that no re selling is to legal and that self suffuciency is to be employed. And with the popularity of the Ringing Cedar books there and spreading throughout the Eastern Asia region there certainly is an effort to be prepared for major economic problems and self reliance.

The depression prior to WW2 was also argued against before it happened.
I personally believe that the world powermongerers are aware of the situation and are constantly battling amoungs themselves.The Leo Struass mentality will never prosper let alone survive in the long term.Western style of New World Order is and has always been too short sighted for the survival of that system.Though there seems to be 'groups' of good intention ppl in the higher levels of western powers, the arrogant, narrow minded ones seem to have higher level of control.For example[research this info yourself if you wish] Bush's grand father was suspended from world trade for a period after WW2 for trading and dealing with the nazi party. In 1942 the nazi party was running very low on petrol[about the same time the death camps were being started] and they received some of their fuel from US base companies.
Remember how excited Australia was about getting the train line from Adelaide to Darwin?How it would be good for tourism? Well, **** Cheney and his companies gain contracts for the building of that over Aussie companies. Furthermore he got contracts for the mining, shipping from Darwin ports and transport of Uranium from our vast Uranium supplies using that rail line.

The coming times will be more interesting and challenging then we can think of ,I believe.

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhh wow i just read your entire posts and no offence but i believe much of your infomation is wrong apart from the financial advisers part, they don't know whats happening but thats because many of them don't even have a fricken commerce degree so how can u expect them to understand what is going on?

Organic farmer? you serious, in a couple decades China and India will have developed and corporations will be exploiting cheap labour in Africa to make the food you as an "organic farmer" make but 100s of times cheaper then you. Then export to Australia and walla ur screwed.

Regarding oil, we're all guessing atm there may be a actual crisis or it may just be a speculative hype, we can still have cheap duel but it just happens that the saudi's don't want to pump that much. Why? because by limiting supply it makes them RICH. lets says the world does run out of crude oil or at least the required ammount to keep cars etc on the road? what will happen? we begin using nuclear fuel. It's cleaner, not as dangerous and everyone believes (this isn't fricken sim city ppl nuclear plants do not melt down every 2 hours). And the oil prices have gone down, the reason the pump is still high is because there is a lag between the economy and what actually effects ur consumers. Its like interest rates, it goes up but it won't make us all of a sudden decide to save more will it? it takes time for these things to occur.

And accountants etc.. not being required? LOL Not unless all governments break down and we live in caves will accountants be of no use. As long as there are governments, corporations there will be accountants. do you honestly believe we will revert back to the days where we walk miles and miles to trade milk for maybe a loaf of bread? You seem to not understand the purpose of accounting. It is a form of keeping a tally of where the cash is going. It isn't all about tax avoidance which people on this forum seem to believe but it is actually to maintain the well being of companies bcz a company with no cash on hand is as good as a dead company. They also give legal advice, advice on company future actions etc... they do a lot more then people believe.

Commerce requires you to be in the top 5 percentile to even get in it, at an internationally reputable uni... well thats my opinion anyway. Do you really believe all of us (yes including me) are all really that dumb to study a course that will be redundent in a couple years? remember these r the people who are within the top 5% regarding intelligence. And even if what you say occurs, it only means the damand of accountants etc... will be less required. This will just lead to less people taking up the course and a balance between demand and supply will be reached again.
Finally someone with some intelligence on this forum. 100% right about accountants etc. However I doubt most people here will have any idea what your talking about. These people here are generally simpletons, and don't understand anything besides whos playing footy on friday night, and how much a beer costs at there local craphole pub. FYI financial advisors are terrible, you only need a TAFE education to become one. Financial analysts, deriv traders, hedge funds etc are knowledgable however they don't deal with mummy/daddy small time investors "where do i put my 100k etc".

Dain your obviously a simple boy with simple wants. You would never comprehend where I come from nor what I want/will achieve. I find a lot of country people/simpletons have absolutely no understanding of the money out in the world, and cannot comprehend ever doing anything but there mindless 9 to 5 job until there 60. I actually consider "raising 6 kids" in a moderate house hold - rinse and repeat. But I guess we always need people to forfill the lower end jobs and be content with that because they have a "family" to feed. Good employees are the real family orientated types, because they are loyal, simple and never strive to achieve extra and move on from jobs. They simply want to "feed" there family and survive, as I said rinse and repeat through generations. My goal is materialism, couldn't care about family stuff. As you can tell I can't stand the term "aussie battler".

Miss Echo do you understand that we are in a supercycle for commodities due to the development of China into the modern industrilised world, and to a lesser extent India? This is a once in a life time opportunity to invest in many near production stocks. Simply saying selling eveverything, espicially shares (paper money) is stupid. Yes oil, food, and commodities are rising, but these are all a result of the huge increases in consumption from China. But you MUST THINK. Re-adjust your portfolio and take advantage of whats happening. Sell financials and buy up on commodities. Investment in the Midwest of Australia, new multi billion port to be developed by Murchison/Mitibushi, going to be some serious money to be made on iron ore export there. Iron ore prices up 86% this year, coal around the same. As Nush said Africa will be exploited next. Look at the development going over there with many multibillion dollar projects from Articol Mittal, Tata, Rio, Riversdale, heck even SDL etc. Each project is over $2 to 3 billion. China will become developed, wages will rise, and we move onto Africa.
Simply turning into a greeny and living with cash on hand, 0 debt and in a vegie garden is a joke. Invest in the rising prices, or even better SHORT the hell out of banks, espicially ANZ & NAB. Its these type of panicy attitudes which cause a lot of the problems.

The price of property has gone to far in Australia. All of our major capital cities are in the top 10 most expensive places in the world to live on the basis of wages. I think that says it all. Property and financials = doomed for a long while. Sub Prime has killed the US banks and they are in serious problems. Infact they are unprecendented problems. I beleive its around 91 billion borrowed from the central bank, which basically shows that the only reason the US isn't in chaos is because of the government holding it up.

Your theories are over dramatised, and basically your a doomsayer. I see this as a buying opportunity for stocks which are undervalued. There is no logic at the moment, because some investors are doing what you suggest - complete panic.

Enough of my rant, i could write essays on this with probably no one understanding it here besides Nush. Back to work.

T

thenow

Ron, a perfect example Leo Struass mentality reasoning.
Why do you think China started its current economic tactics? If you understood this and the confucism thinking behind it then you would have more informed outlook. India also do not agree with the concept of certain powers being within 'a' central HQ of a world power. But then again in your mentality the whole world who doesn't agree with your concept of the PEOPLE being slave labor for the 'wealthy' , the PEOPLE being simpletons are just that in your eyes, just that, simpletons. So the Russian Government are simpletons in your eyes? Most of South American governments are simpletons and should be overthrown by any means? As I said these battles have been within the halls of powers quiet extensive over recent decades and opposing thought patterns are constantly defending and attacking but in truthfulness the "Leo Struass' concept is always doom to failure because it is impossible to be self sufficient, prosperous and certainly unable to survive due to mostly it need to blunder , steal, kill and destroy to survive. In actual fact if it survives for too much longer then it's eventual outcome will be self-distruction in either continuing depressions or the total depletetion of live sustaining elements of this earth.
I personally hope for the first option.

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I actually beleive there will be a World War 3 in my life time, and I beleive it to be on the very point you mentioned. It is unsustainable what we are doing and the world has to many people in it to sustain a reasonable depletion of resources. China, India, and to a lesser extent Russia and other parts of Asia are all developing and hold the major proportion of the worlds population. There will not be enough to go around. Look at the "war on terror" its really a front for the US to maintain a supply of oil. The next world scale war will be on the basis of control over resource to continue to effectively "survive". The Chinese are already paying insane amounts simply to secure the supply of essential resources, they are doing this through semi government run organisations. They don't even allow the export of many resources for the very fact they want to maintain it for themselves. Chinese are visionists and I beleive they see the world running out. Its something to consider. When there isn't enough for all the powerhouses then things will be interesting....WWIII.

This thread has gotten completely off topic so:

Trammies you are so messed up, and Dain it is pathetic people need to use a game as an "third party" to secure a relationship. It indicates there is definantly some deficincies with them IRL, so they use the cover and safety of a game to hide these flaws. I think a monster (cant mention name here) clearly proves this point. The arguement of "it matters what you look like on the inside that counts" is what ugly people say. Answer this: Would you rather marry a pretty person or ugly if they had the exact same personality?

Oceania trammies - what a mess! I think a lot of these trammies use UO to completely escape from the outside real world. These addicts completely forget what really means something, like your IRL husband/wife, and instead flert/send naked pictures over the net to E lovers. They do this because they are so addicted to UO and there RL life sucks. They completely forget that they have a real husband/wife and prefer there insanely pathetic E Love. LOL AT OCEANIA. The real uo meets is just an example of this - there e addicted fairy tale coming to life. My god I can't stop laughing from stumpy's initial thread.

LaundryBoy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My G0D - u may be right there Ron, these Oceania Trammies MAYBE hiding from RL......
infact so are you - you and your brother coming on to these boards and on UO, shouting out your racial abuse, but in fact, you cant do it in RL...

Because you are surrounded by people of the races you so hate - these Ch1nks, these G00ks... i cant imagine you saying the same racial slur to the azian worker right next to you in your accounting firm??? do you have the guts to?
i guess the answer is NO......

you clearly state on these boards you speak what you feel, but i highly doubt you walk down China Town and shout abuse freely as you do so here.... so you and brother are also MESSED UP.

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You still don't get it.

Why would I run around Chinatown calling everyone racial slurs? I have nothing against them. I have no involvement with them nor I do hate there "race". Foolish kid. I do hate 99% of aboriginies, but for good reason. The 1% i dont hate are the ones that have done something positive and became successful. Nothing pisses me off more than getting government grants and crapping it away on drink/drugs.

Also why would i call co workers of mine a stupid gk? woudln't make sense unless i didn't like him for some reason.

Calling TC gks had a point to it. I couldn't stand them so i called them gks. You think 1 racial slur makes you a racist to all races. WRONG. I wouldn't say something racial unless i had a point to it. In TC's case i use to refer to them as "camping gks" or "lame gks". 3t etc are all asian i have nothing against them at all i think they are funny as hell, espicially when they type on these boards. Unlike your one sided mine they probably see this. Its like calling me "a stupid aussie" etc or a "skip". In fact Jinman use to call me stuff like that all the time, oh no hes racist!! (your logic).

I'm not hiding anything at all. Im on oceania because I like to PvP, along the way i will just point out facts provided to me from the very same trammies I harrass. YET AGAIN I am not here to make friends, i have friends IRL unlike the trammies on oceania. I think you should read stumpies original post. He is admitting that the trammies were the one who passed on all this personal information to me.......The trammies are hiding behind the Rons in order to convey there points. Which is really disgusting IMO, they are to weak to speak there minds.

FYI I'm exactly the same IRL as I am in game. Unlike the FAKE nerdy trammies.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL as I said, I am not going to try to 'convince' anyone, you need to do your own research. When you have done that, when you can make a considered 'opinion' on the 'available information out there, then we could debate the intricacies of it. 8 years ago, I took a lot of convincing, but rather than say 'not going to happen' I decided to research it.

This issue is one that begins with 'denial' and your response [Nush] is like the 1,000's of people who are first confronted with it, (including my own initial reaction over 8 yrs ago, so not having a 'go' at you, I have just been where you are now).

Nush: And accountants etc.. not being required? LOL Not unless all governments break down and we live in caves will accountants be of no use. As long as there are governments, corporations there will be accountants. do you honestly believe we will revert back to the days where we walk miles and miles to trade milk for maybe a loaf of bread? You seem to not understand the purpose of accounting. It is a form of keeping a tally of where the cash is going.
As for the bolded bit, my answer is YES. As to the purpose of accounting cash is paper, it has no intrinsic value, you cannot eat it, it only keeps you warm if you burn it until it runs out, if you need more because you cannot balance your books, print a bit more, no one will notice, hence why usa physical gold reserves supposedly to 'back up the dollar' do not cover anywhere close to the amount of $$ in this mythical economic system. Do some research on how many 'extra' dollars have been printed out of the proverbial 'smoke' to get various governments, including our own, out of short term messes. The accountants monitor digital 1's and 0's that form part of the 'myth' of our flawed economy. The thing is it is all spin doctoring, and is why one day something is worth 'x' dollars and the next is worth 'y' dollars. What changed? Nothing. Someone 'farts' in abc country and prices crash in 'xyz', were less goods being produced? ... no. Was there a natural disaster forcing say the national australia bank to just "slash a £400m bond sale by two thirds. The retreat comes days after the Melbourne lender shocked the markets by announcing a 90pc writedown on its £550m holdings of US mortgage debt, an admission that it AAA rated securities are virtually worthless."

Nothing changed in the real world, just the wheels of a buy now pay later society is finally getting to the 'pay now part'. It is very complex and I for one don't claim to know all about it, but read the stuff from people with a better 'take' on what the situation is. And no, because it is written it does not make it 'so' and with all research you need to assess the merits and validity of any person putting forth a point of view, and question the agenda of that view.

Wait til you get to the 'depression' part of the process.

After that part you get to where you accept the inevitable and start to alter what you do.

Other than those sites above you may wish to start on this journey with the following articles, then come and tell me how 'wrong' I am (I include these two Australian govt links so that you realise this is not some jumped up american only doom and gloom story by radical fanatics, but is actually 'recorded' as part of our own govt's operation).

COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA
Official Committee Hansard
SENATE
RURAL AND REGIONAL AFFAIRS AND TRANSPORT
REFERENCES COMMITTEE
Reference: Australia’s future oil supply and alternative transport fuels
TUESDAY, 11 JULY 2006
SYDNEY
Link: http://www.aph.gov.au/hansard/senate/commttee/S9515.pdf

Taken from the South Australian Parliament Hansard - via Energy Bulletin
http://hansard.parliament.sa.gov.au/pages/loaddoc.aspx?eD=2008_02_13&c=25&e=2

Follow this up with renting the appropriate videos and include in them Al Gore's documentary "An Inconvenient Truth".

What you will find the more you start to research is the people putting forward the warnings are not a bunch of 'crackpots' wiggling their voodoo sticks and chanting "the end is nigh" "the "sky is falling" which imo would be wonderful if it was actually the case! You will find that this has been predicted since 1956 by M. King Hubbert

(Hubbert was born in San Saba, Texas. He attended the University of Chicago, where he received his B.S. in 1926, his M.S. in 1928, and his Ph.D in 1937, studying geology, mathematics, and physics. He worked as an assistant geologist for the Amerada Petroleum Company for two years while pursuing his Ph.D. He joined the Shell Oil Company in 1943, retiring from that firm in 1964. After he retired from Shell, he became a senior research geophysicist for the United States Geological Survey until his retirement in 1976. He also held positions as a professor of geology and geophysics at Stanford University from 1963 to 1968, and as a professor at UC Berkeley from 1973 to 1976.)

And for anyone who thinks they have the time and energy to do the research, go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil

Start clicking on the links, and prepare yourself to ask the questions as to WTF have our Governments been doing for the past 30 years when the warnings were so well documented.

As for Tramhater:
Miss Echo do you understand that we are in a supercycle for commodities due to the development of China into the modern industrilised world, and to a lesser extent India? This is a once in a life time opportunity to invest in many near production stocks. Simply saying selling eveverything, espicially shares (paper money) is stupid. Yes oil, food, and commodities are rising, but these are all a result of the huge increases in consumption from China. But you MUST THINK. Re-adjust your portfolio and take advantage of whats happening.
LOL I believe it the utmost of your conceit to think that you have some monopoly on watching world share prices etc etc. In fact I am well aware of the comodities 'boom' that has been taking place over the past few years, in fact, not only have I been watching it very closely for 8 yrs, I predict the price of 'gold' which has currently lowered a fraction from its existing peak and may lower a little more will over the next month or so turn around and to all intents likely double again over the next period. With all of these peaks in the gold value each peak has double the previous peaks from 200 per oz to 450 per oz to 1012 per oz, now it is down slightly to the 900's but my estimate will within the next yr to 2 yrs it will go to 1600+ per oz.

I could in no way be classed as a greenie, in fact, I don't even have a 'garden' now, I got rid of that about a yr and a half ago.

My interest in this is to make people aware of what is happening and to be very very careful in what they put their money into and what level of debt they get themselves into. What you 'hear' on the news, and what you 'hear' put out by the economists is that sure there are slumps but it always rebounds, sure the property markets are down but they will always 'improve', you are just another of the 'short term' gain exponents, and yes, you can make money on commodities and you can have bucket loads of cash, securities, bonds, stocks etc etc, but by the year 2050 they won't be worth a brass razoo as the problem with the way the global economy is is that it is all based on the premise of 'continual growth'.

This premise of continual growth has only been possible due the availability of cheap oil, (ie cheap energy) which as any one who is a thinking person will understand is unsustainable as continual growth can only continue on a continuous availability of energy and last I heard 'oil' is a 'FINITE' commodity.

To this end for 'ME' personally, I elected to reduce exposure to this mythical economy, and start to get my house in order to where I am positioned to maybe ride it out and if not have 'fun' between now and then, which is going to be sooner than later. The chase for the almighty dollar is cold comfort when at the end of the day that dollar is at best something to burn in your fireplace for warmth. So I have 0 debt, I own everything outright including my house. I got rid of my exposure to the property market 2 yrs ago by selling my rental house. I have the benefit of having no children and no dependants to worry about or future to plan for, and so for me, I have no intention of becoming a 'greenie' or doing anything but what I want to do to make life enjoyable while I ride out the rest of my life. I retired at 45, I have a guaranteed income til either the economy collapses or I die, whichever comes first, I have moved to a location that does not require a vehicle to obtain any of life's 'necessities, which is walking distance of anything I need, including the ocean and river, sheesh, I may have to start up fishing again if I live long enough lmao!

For those of you who do have young children, please take a look at the information out there and make up your own minds. Do not take what I put as fact and for goodness sake do not take what Tramhater says as fact.

I have no agenda as for as far as I am concerned I have done all I intend to do with respect to the coming changes and have the selfish attitude of 'I am alright Jack'. I can afford to, but a lot of you can't. So if nothing else, get informed.

N

nushpapa

Just bcz it is issued by an AAA bank such as the US banks... doesn't mean it is AAA GRADE securities. The reason we r in such a mess atm with the subprime problem was because the US banks were selling subprime D grade mortgages that were repackaged and sold under the name of an AAA+ grade corporation. Bcz half of the "financial advisors" can't even read any technical financial documents they get sucked in. The write down isn't due to the collapse of the economical system but is due to the incompetence of those ******** traders who buy **** thinking its good... but due to their lack of education ( no commerce back ground ) they r buying D grade **** they has much more risk then they expect.

And lol man u have been playing UO too long. This isn't a fantasy world we arn't going to go back... we are humans we evolve... not revert back to barbarians.

Even UO community has a better economy then what you "suppose" will happen. AT the very worst... what will happen is economies will close themselves off. Honestly you can believe that making a farm is the best option... u r just too risk adverse. You take no risk, you might as well not drive a car or not see the sun bcz oo u might get skin cancer, might crash in a car etc.... The chance of what you say occuring is like .0000000001%

Also finite resources... everything is finite but its "infinite" in relation to our life span. New technology will eventually prevale... we will create hyrdogen engines eventually. Water powered cars have been developed for over 30 years it just has not been publisized very much why? bcz all the old companies will get owned so they r payed off to shut up. There is a lot more technology out there that is getting closer to being economically viable or are even are produced but =have been kept hushed due to larger industries paying them off to be quiet in order to maintain their power. The sun for example will not blow up for billions of years, the human race will probably be dead by then so who cares its pretty ,much infinite in relation to us.

FYI i am not reading ur entire post it is too long... just breezing over a paragraph or two and writing my response based on them.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL well after this post I will not post further, but it did make me laugh a bit when I noted the bit about 'your lifetime'.

I am willing to discuss informed debate, however if the condition of our world cannot inspire you to do more than breeze through bits and come back with no actual 'facts' because the 'post is too long' lmao, then all I can hope is that there are those out there who have more of a grasp of the world economic situation and care, if they have children, about the way of the world.

I don't have that problem, and really do not care one bit if anyone wants to look more closely at this issue or not. I didn't 'make the info up', in fact I didn't make any of it up, start with the US president who highlighted the problem in the 70's, look at world renowned geologists findings, tell pretty much every petroleum expert in the world how NushMama who plays UO knows much better than them.

To end my involvement in this 'debate' I shall leave you with these two parts of 8 part video. I wouldn't wish to bore you with all 8 parts, I doubt the attention span would last that long, however these two bits address most of what you said above, about 'your lifetime'.

http://www.peakoil.tv/videos.php?id=22

http://www.peakoil.tv/videos.php?id=23

both go for about 8-10 minutes which I guess is about all the 'now' generation is capable of when it comes to 'research' lol.

The other parts are available from the peak oil website under Peak TV:

http://www.peakoil.com/gate.html?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=13

LOL.