• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Thinking of returning

• Thread starter Roddy Doyle
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Roddy Doyle

I feel like coming back to UO. I played the late 90's and early 2000's and for a short time in 2008 (about a month or two). I'm looking for some help to get myself back up to speed with my old characters and what is happening in the world of UO. Trying to do my best in catching up with a bunch of forum posts and so forth but a lot of it is greek to me. I ended my UO career at the beginning of the champ spawns and did enjoy those events. But I dont see much going on around the banks as that was the usually hangout before heading out for an adventure. I am a skype user so hit me up if you want to give me a run down and some advice on what direction i should go with what I have with my characters.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IM having alot of fun so far. Trying to get my feet wet after a few years away. The worst art so far is making a new fisher from scratch.. Worse than scratch. I had to start at 29. Im at 63 now and things were fine until 60 then its like a brick wall. Having a good time otherwise.

L

Lord Urza

Luna bank is now the "Hang out" really. You should just jump in feet first, pay for a month and play....see if at the end of the month you wanna keep doing or not, im sure you will find a group to help get you back on your feet, or show you the ropes with some of the new content, heck look for me in game I will be happy to show you around some of the new places, hook you up with some runebooks ect.
Legends could really use some of you all to come back to us, and get things popping again.

Hope you are having fun Remo, and yeah that fishing is a pain, have you moved out to deep water yet? I found that as long as I was doing the fish monger quests I lost track of the fishing gains, and was focusing more on filling the quests up, took me a while to hit 100 but i wasnt watching for each gain so it wasnt that bad.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately no. After grinding hard for a couple of days im 63.4. Since 61 things have really slowed down. Im looking for a crystal ball of knowledge today to see if i cant optimize gains better. I havent seen them on vendors yet. I dont have the Stygian Abyss upgrade yet. If i heard correctly, I need that to get the quest myself.
Ive not met anyone on here yet that seemed to want to group up. I did help in Britain with the bane invasion and got one of the focus gem drops. I made the mistake of attacking one of the big blue guards with my WW lol. That didnt go so well. Another plus was someone in Luna that i remember from the old days gave me her backup Greater Dragon. If I can get this fisher sorted ill be able to relax abit more and play. I can T-hunt on him as well but to get the bang for your buck out of him, you really need guild help. I do anyway..

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remo get you a crystal ball of Knowledge turn it on start fishing at the dock when it says optimal stay in that distance when it says its easy move out little more until it says optimal again once you get to go to deep water you dont need to use crystal ball

L

Lord Urza

Yeah it can sometimes be a pain to get a group together, iv not been playing alot lately, so im not sure if everyone is still just out fishing all day every day or whats going on.

You can allways try general chat to try to get a group going, but its best to find a like minded guild to hook up with.

R

Roddy Doyle

Im pretty sure I can get back into it as a casual player. When I briefly returned late 2000 it seemed the main character creations where characters of a hybrid samurai or ninja type. I dont really see anything on those type of characters. Was that a passing phase? I was unable to recall my account info from back in the day so when I returned the second time I started developing a hybrid samurai character and a bard/mage for pvm. These two type of characters seem out of date. Any input on what to do with them to change them around to get into a action a bit sooner.

So is the fishing character the way to go now. Can you post a link to some templates to follow on making a fisher. Thanks

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm having fun with my archer fisher, old school skills, archery, fishing, tactics, anat, healing, Chiv, with a few focus points as available ;)
And now, for most of the events, both fiction arc and EM wise, tamer is the way to go, or so it seems to me.
I don't keep a lot of stuff, well useful stuff anyway, but if ya see me ingame and I have a spare of anything ya need, Ill gladly hook you up.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After getting my crystal ball this morning, I was able to get my skill too 75 and get out to sea. Im glad to see that things are much more smooth when boating now. I made a few maps and the tiller man seemed to not follow where the pins were exactly, but i was able to get automap going and sort things out pretty well.. It was a fun day. My 3rd cast in the boat, i got my firs MIB on this character.

R

Roddy Doyle

Where did you get the crystal ball? Thinking of converting my mage/bard and adding fishing to him.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr crowley gave me one actually. There is a quest to get it but i dont have the expansion to run the quest yet. Im sure you could buy one reasonably cheap. Ill be on the lookout for one, and if its not crazy expensive, ill buy it for you.