• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking of joining factions(atlantic)

A

a480silver

I just want to know how are the factions on atlantic? What guilds do it still? and i would also like t oknow just general faction stuff thank you!

A

Aia

Mr.Sapp was sitting in a chair by an open window soaking his feet in a pan of water. The breeze played with his gray hair while he examined a pair boots. “Look at these boots! Ruined!” he grumbled while poking his fingers through the holes. With a snort of disgust, he threw the boots out the window.

“Errr… what happened to your boots?” the guest asked.

“COM! That’s what happened!” declared Sapp rather loudly folding his arms across his chest.

The guest waited for Mr.Sapp to continue, but when it became apparent that Sapp felt he had explained everything in that one sentence the guest asked the obvious, “huh?”

Mr.Sapp gave the visitor speculative look, “oh that’s right, you weren’t there were you…” Mr.Sapp relaxed in his chair then began to explain…

“Well you see, my friends and I want the cities for ourselves, we’re Minax. So does the Counsel of Mages, or COM for short. Minax and COM have a long standing feud, but I’m not about to go into that right now so don’t even bother asking. Anyway, each town has a sigil and in order to own the town you have to keep the sigil for 10 hours. Yesterday, I would steal the sigils, then a COM thief would steal the sigils back from Minax, then I would go steal the sigils from COM, then COM would steal them back, back and forth, back and forth. UGH! I lost track of the number of times I ran from the COM base to the Minax base. The COM thieves need friggin medals for all the running they did. All I got was blisters. The higher ups in Minax better get me new boots. Ohhh… a pair of snake skin boots! Maroon! And blessed! Oh yeah that would look real good.”

Mr.Sapp looked down at his immersed feet imagining maroon snake skin boots, sighed, sloshed them around a bit in the water then continued the story.

“Eventually I got tired of running the sigils so I laid down and took a nap. With a pretty young thing.” Sapp grinned, then glared, “I’m old! Not dead!” With one last glare of warning, Sapp relaxed and begin to grin again, “When I woke up, my gold was gone. So was my silver. And my horse. And my cat.” Sapp’s smile grew bigger. “If I ever find that wench again, I’m going to marry her.”

Mr.Sapp grew serious again, “I decided to check out COM’s defenses, then I realized without my horse, I’d have to walk. Maybe I wouldn’t be marrying that lass after all.”

“When I got to COM’s base, this is what I saw…”

“Someone had a lot of time on their hands. So I left them a cake.”

“Yes I left them a cake! Not by choice, trust me! My brother made me.” Mr.Sapp looked rather sheepish, “my brother ummm.. likes to cook. Kind of a mama’s boy. But the thing is he’s a really good cook! Anyway I told him about how much time COM had on their hands so he made a cake and told me to give it to them. Before I could tell him yes and then go off and eat it myself, he hands me a bag of cookies and tells me that if the cake doesn’t get delivered, no cookies for a month.” Mr.Sapp throws up his hands and looks skyward, “My brother is SO mean! What’s a guy to do? I deliver the damn cake. Did the COM warriors even say thank you? Nooooo… They saw the cake, knew I was in the area so started casting poison fields. I barely made it out alive. Took me forever to steal those sigils that last time.”

“Speaking of sigils, time for me to go check on them.” Mr.Sapp dries off his feet and begins to search under the bed, “where is that other pair of boots…”

The visitor shifted his feet, “you still have the sigils?”

“Minax warriors had good defenses set up last night…

…so yeah we still have ummm.. most of them – the last time I check that is. Appears they were stolen sometime during the night, but at some point we stole them back. *shakes head* Warriors are going to have their hands full tonight. Now be off with you! I’ve got work to do! Like finding myself a pair of boots!”

A

Aia

Not really an answer, but that's how factions are on atl. Real low keyed, very few people, a dash of rp and tons of fun.

G

gmcbroom

a480silver, to find out what guilds are still active go to UO.com look up community, click on factions, click on Atlantic, and look at the guild rankings. I didnt see the True Brits on the so its probably defunct.( You'd be alone if you chose TB..ie easy pickings) I wouldn't sign up to be in that faction on ATL. However, Council of Mages and Shadowlords seem to have the most kills with a few from Minax. So if you want to be in a large group and get your feet wet in factions then you should choose either COM or Shadowlords. Good luck and welcome to factions. :)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, even tho SL shows the highest kills, those people are no longer particularly active on Atlantic. There is 1-2 people in TB, not really any competition, but they try sometimes. CoM and Minax are both very active. MTC I think is the CoM group, and there are 2 separate guilds doing Minax - N2D and []. The latter seems only to have 2-3 people and N2D has 5-7 active factioneers.

I was the last truly active SL member, and I quit to go to Minax 2 days ago.