• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking of coming back

K

Krystyna

From out of nowhere I suddenly got this strange idea that I might come back to UO. I left sooon after AOS having been here since T2A. There's no point me asking what's changed as pretty much everything will have I expect but I just have a few questions.

1. I presume all my houses will have fallen down and that's there's still no room to place any. Correct?

2. I used to spend most of my time mining, fishing, tailoring, smithing and alchemying (ok I made that last word up) and setting up my shops. Is that all still in the game and is there any demand for manufactured stuff? There was so much magic stuff around that everyone stopped buying player made stuff.

3. They'd toned down the overland spawn so much that you could sit around all day and not even see a Mongbat. Is that still the same? I don't always want to go trawling through a dungeon just because I'm in the mood to fight something.

4. Are any towns except Britain populated by players now? By the time I left the only place you saw people was either camping dungeons or sitting on top of Britain bank.

5. Is there any RP at all or is that still a dirty word?

Anyway, like I said I've not decided for sure but if someone can answer these questions it might help me make up my mind.

Thanks

U

ultima online

From out of nowhere I suddenly got this strange idea that I might come back to UO. I left sooon after AOS having been here since T2A. There's no point me asking what's changed as pretty much everything will have I expect but I just have a few questions.

1. I presume all my houses will have fallen down and that's there's still no room to place any. Correct?

2. I used to spend most of my time mining, fishing, tailoring, smithing and alchemying (ok I made that last word up) and setting up my shops. Is that all still in the game and is there any demand for manufactured stuff? There was so much magic stuff around that everyone stopped buying player made stuff.

3. They'd toned down the overland spawn so much that you could sit around all day and not even see a Mongbat. Is that still the same? I don't always want to go trawling through a dungeon just because I'm in the mood to fight something.

4. Are any towns except Britain populated by players now? By the time I left the only place you saw people was either camping dungeons or sitting on top of Britain bank.

Anyway, like I said I've not decided for sure but if someone can answer these questions it might help me make up my mind.

Thanks

if you do i give you a big welcome back!

and to awnser your questions,
1. yes your house/s will have fallen, but there is plenty of room around to place a largish house

2. people do still buy player made items, for weapons and armour itll be runic made though

3. there is always plenty of spawn :)

4+5. brit is where you want to go to do trading and see the gates to the player shops .etc but you want vesper, trinsic and cove and the surrounding areas for the RP and yes there are still plenty of RP guilds about. im sure some of them can point you to where they are

K

Krystyna

Thanks. Decided I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. It can't hurt to have a look :)

K

Kiminality

Plenty!
You've got:
DoT & S&K in Trinsic.
GRD in Yew.
-V- and VTC in Vesper.
BoC in cove.
LB in Britain.

And more.
Sorry if I missed anyone out, those were the first to come to mind, to help justify the "plenty" :p

Anyway, if you're looking to RP, it would help to know what sort of things you're looking for. Since each guild/area has its strengths and weaknesses ;)

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello you lot!

Don't yer mislead that poor fellow and tell'im to go to Britain! I don't want me anybody meddling around in me sewers! And what's all that posh talking about role playin'? Who's playin' a role here? Not me, and I'll stick to my story!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, not banned. Xorartep assures me he's a fine, upstanding (well, maybe with a bit of a list to port) member of the community.

K

Krystyna

Well I took the plunge and re-activated my account. Amazing how much I don't know now. Spent some time touring around, managed to get killed four times by an alligator which was fun! After that I thought I'd better work out how to equip a weapon! Magincia was a bit of a shock, I'm assuming there's some story on here somewhere about that so I'll have a search. Took the boat out for a spin and managed to find a couple of chests too so not bad for a first night. Also managed to place a house in a nice spot south of Trinsic after only 30 mins or so of searching.

As for the RP, I think I shall just loiter around Trinsic and Vesper for a while and see what's going on while I get to grips with all the changes since I was last here. Rather than get involved in regimented storylines I'm hoping to just find a community that lives in the game, if you follow me, so that my characters can just be themselves. Hopefully as I get to know a few of the people around I'll find somewhere that I think I can fit in.

If you see an alchemist (Elana), mage (Catriana) or tailor (Morgana) standing around looking confused feel free to say hello :)

S

Seasseragh

....tailor (Morgana) standing around looking confused feel free to say hello :)
Oh, that´s you? I´ll make sure to say hello next time.
Sorry for not doing so earlier but the blues are often so busy :D