• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking of coming back to UO....

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is Catskills still populated for the most part? Is there still room for a decent size house when I work up the gold? More importantly...where can I find the latest disk to download the game? Thanks in advance.

A

Arynia

I've played many shards (LS, Chesapeake, Atl, Legends, LA, great lakes) and I just recently Xfered to Cats from Chesapeake. Its probably the MOST fun I've had pvping in a long, long time (probably bc DB4 is so bad, sorry Cutter <3 <3 I still have mad love for you1!!)

So you should def come back esp if you like pvping :>!!!

I

imported_Des

Bah! You wouldn't wanna do that! :p

P.S. Happy New Years!

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

So you should def come back esp if you like pvping :&gt;!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah I am more of a crafter at heart. PvP has never been an interest to me. Just too many cheat at PvP for it to be a level playing field.Anyway I would like to make a return when I can find a download site or a disk. =P @ Des

G

When you return please PM or ICQ me as we are well stocked up with crafting supplies and advice from experts in various crafts who would all be gald to help you out.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

When you return please PM or ICQ me as we are well stocked up with crafting supplies and advice from experts in various crafts who would all be gald to help you out.

[/ QUOTE ] That would be wonderful. Perhaps a mining book and and a marked rune to an open 7x7 or 8x8 plot would be awsome.

G

A mining book.....perhaps we should go over all the changes since you left. AS someone who returned after a 5 year absence I have often thought it would be great if there was an easy way to at least read the changes to the game after a hiatus.

As for the mining books, ore and wood now respawn randomly. Books and rune libraries to special ore and woods sites are no longer useful. Two other recent changes are that bags of sending are no longer useful for farming anything as they now consume charges based on the weight of what's being sent and a number of creatures, especially swoop have been made more difficult.

Welcome back!

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

A mining book.....perhaps we should go over all the changes since you left.....As for the mining books, ore and wood now respawn randomly. Books and rune libraries to special ore and woods sites are no longer useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang why did they do that?? Whats next? Spawn changes randomly? One day you hunt low-end skeletons and next day dragons spawn there?

G

Hunter I have a house I am going to drop if you would like the spot PM me and we can meet. It is close to a mining source and a very quiet spot.

G

The main reason for having the spawn change was because of the scripters.

People would set up a trail account and then run a program on that account that would allow them to gather resources, without anyone at the helm.
They could also craft items and turn them in for BODs [Bulk Order Deeds].

The scripters are worse then people that used to use the old school UO hack programs.

Also, currently UO sucks for smiths. Tailors can make better leather armour then smiths, and Bowyers can make nice bows. All a smith can do is craft items for smithing BODs.

Fishing is still ok, though boring

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Send me an ICQ. I would be glad to go over some of the changes with you. I have several crafters and would be glad to help you. I can help you get set up with some LRC armor for crafters. Finding a decent size house is actually easy. I will be playing UO most of Friday until about 3 PM ESt and then again after about 7:30 PM.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Hunter I have a house I am going to drop if you would like the spot PM me and we can meet. It is close to a mining source and a very quiet spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great
Give me until next tuesday and I'll take you up on that offer.

G

Ok not a problem it is just sitting there anyways. Let me know when you get ready and we will meet.

L

lysarius

If you like crafting, Wilki coded some awesome changes right before he left. Once the team gets setup in Virginia and quality control okays it (Im guessing late january) the frequency of colored smithing BODs will be MUCH higher for skilled smiths. Also all runic hammers and tailor kits will have a chance to make items with 100% item property intensity!!! SWEET!!!

The ML expansion also added some neat content for crafting.
- Several items that you need to complete crafting quests to get a recipe to craft
- The items also require rare components to craft (You can only get them from peerless bosses in the ML dungeons.)
- Carpenters and fletchers can now get runics from crafting quests
- There are different types of wood that give equipment various properties when they are crafted with the rare woods
- Tinkers can now make some magic jewelry (Although most of it is junk when you compare the cost of the rare mining gems used to make it vs what you can sell it for)
- They added a few new potiion types (Invisibility, conflagaration, parasitic poison) Oh... potions stack now. You can also use them from a hotbar if you are running the KR client....