• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Thinking about discarding Spellweaving.

Zeroh

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi!

Right now i got a Gargoyle caster with this template

Mysticism 104
Imbuing 120
Magery 100
Eval 100
Med 100
Spellweaving 100

I would like to raise every skill to 120, but i cannot afford it. Anyway, the problem is spellweaving. The difficult to find people to make a arcane focus is starting to piss me off.

Usually I use it to keep Gift of Life up, to buff my colossus and finish the monster with WoD. The problema is that without a focus, i saw that WoD doesn't do much damage. I was thinking about storing it in a soulstone and try to squeeze in Necromancy with SS maybe... I'm not sure. Right now i'm interested in doing champions but the few times i've tried i feel a little overwhelmed.

Any advice?

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I tried but could not get into spellweaving. Not just the focus requirement but having so many spellcasting skills seemed like overkill.

One temp I had success with was:

music
disco
mystic
focus
magery
resist

Discoing your target helps it not dispel the RC , or so it seemed.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you really need a 6 focus to get full benefit out of weaving. without it is sort of a waste of time and skill points can be used elsewhere.

you really should think about dropping imbuing as well and you really need focus. focus is eval for mystics and your spell damage will go up accordingly. agreed with op as well on music and disco. do the simple bard mastery quest and you will get a nice buff.

raising your mystic and focus to 120 will also give you a 300 point healing stone which will act roughly in the same manner as gift of renewal.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know that you can stone off your weaving and have 6 people all with zero weaving and get the same level 6 as you would if all were 120...

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yes, I often have the same trouble with spellweaving. It is great WHEN you have a level six. I even have two accounts to help with the focus and it still is a pain. While I like spellweaving for word of death and a few other spells, I much prefer my wrestling over it. I run the following (all 120):

wrestling
magery
mystic
focus
meditation
Eval Int

I swap out meditation for resist when going to felucca champ spawns. I really enjoy this template for pvm. It is strong enough to participate in PVP, but I tend to suck these days at pvp. For pvm it is really powerful. Stone form, combined with healing stone, and a slayer book allows you to take a beating over any template I have played yet. I can stand toe to toe with almost anything (riktor, semidar, etc) and spam harm. I don't use protection and I run 4 faster casting to offset stone form's -2 faster casting.

I even stood toe to toe with Dreadhorn and Paroxy. I usually take my second account's x4 bard out with me and have the peacemaking spellsongs activated for an even deadlier combo. Not much can harm my Mystic mage when the target is discorded. Personally, I think wrestling is over looked in pvm for a mystic mage. However, without the right suit it can be tough not running protection.

Zeroh

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I often have the same trouble with spellweaving. It is great WHEN you have a level six. I even have two accounts to help with the focus and it still is a pain. While I like spellweaving for word of death and a few other spells, I much prefer my wrestling over it. I run the following (all 120):

wrestling
magery
mystic
focus
meditation
Eval Int

I swap out meditation for resist when going to felucca champ spawns. I really enjoy this template for pvm. It is strong enough to participate in PVP, but I tend to suck these days at pvp. For pvm it is really powerful. Stone form, combined with healing stone, and a slayer book allows you to take a beating over any template I have played yet. I can stand toe to toe with almost anything (riktor, semidar, etc) and spam harm. I don't use protection and I run 4 faster casting to offset stone form's -2 faster casting.

I even stood toe to toe with Dreadhorn and Paroxy. I usually take my second account's x4 bard out with me and have the peacemaking spellsongs activated for an even deadlier combo. Not much can harm my Mystic mage when the target is discorded. Personally, I think wrestling is over looked in pvm for a mystic mage. However, without the right suit it can be tough not running protection.
What does wrestling exactly does these days? I find your build interesting and i'm willing to give it a try on TC. For both wrestling and resisting spells. I remember when almost every mage had those and i miss it.

The problem is to see how do i organize myself only having 1 account and 2 soulstones.

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Wrestling just makes it harder to get hit by mele damage. I run 45 defense change increase as well. Wrestling is worthwhile if you are running 45 dci. Wrestling allows you to use a spell book in hand, which is great for slayer books. Resist is virtually useless in pvm, just an fyi. You are better off running meditation.

Something you will want to be aware of is how often your spells will get disrupted by magic weaving monsters. You will want to use lower level spells, such as harm, fireball, etc. I run a full set of faster casting 1 slayer spell books and leave my shield hand free to use the healing stone.

1 account isn't a problem but 2 soulstones can be. Are all your character slots used up? You could use a character slot as a sort of warehouse for skills.

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It's great though when you are a mage and able to go toe to toe with the spider champion (can't recall the name). I take it down alone within about 15min of spamming harm, and 5min when I use my bard to buff my mystic mage/discord the champion.

The suit is what will make or break this template/playstyle. Just be warned, it took me a long time and a lot of resources to get my suit. When I get home tonight I will log in and post it for you here.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

wrestling
magery
mystic
focus
meditation
Eval Int

This sounds very tempting... Have you been to Shame to fight Unbound EV's with that?

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seperate to 2 character (one worker one pvm caster fighter) would be effectiver