• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thieves on shards other than siege

• Thread starter Black magick
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run with Shadow leggings, bright site glasses (or whatever it's called) and regular leather armor to get my resists up to all 70's.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious, what gear do you guys run with?
My suit is:

All 70s resists
100% Lower Reagant Cost
50% Enhance Potions
30% Lower Mana Cost
30% Defense Chance Increase
+105 Skills

Depends on the tactic of how you play; my thief is a defensive thief/mage/ninja:

120 Stealing
120 Magery
120 Resist
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
95 Ninja
50 Tracking

Essential items:

Staff of Pyros (-0 Mage Weapon, Spell Channeling, 100% Fire Dmg)
Hanzo's bow (+10 Ninja...i'll get to that)
Jaana's Staff (+15% DCI)

Method to my madness:

Magery -- Most useful skill in the game; even tho I am not an offensive mage, I have the ability to heal, cure, recall, mark, gate, res, summons, poison, etc. Plus, with Staff of Pyros, I have essentially 120 weapon skill.

Ninja -- A couple of reasons, but most importantly, with 95 base skill and Hanzo's bow (to bring it to 105) if I ever get dismounted, I can go into llama form without failure....gets you out of sticky situations. Furthermore, you stealth at a must faster pace in llama form....very useful if your tracking a mark. In addition, having roughly 100+ across the board for hiding/stealth/ninja gives you a nice death strike PvP wise...not that you can hold up a true PvPer....but you can hold your own if you catch someone off guard. Also, don't forget about dog/cat form for HP regen.

50% EP -- the fun part. Confusion potions, purple pots...think about it. If someone isn't noticing at a spawn and you stealth up and they are at low health.....confusion, purple pots, death strike, poison.....it's not to shabby for a thief. Also helps to chug those greater strengths, heal, cure, etc.

Resisting Spells -- Just useful....not much explaining here.

Tracking -- a damn useful skill for tracking people, obviously.

This template holds up well if you can move quick and know how to react....you can stand up just fine at spawns, ambush reds when they are low at health, and just survive in general.

Side note: This suit is not cheap at all....took me a decent amount of time finding the ring, gloves, sleeves, and gorget.

(I'm not going item for item, but my ring is +15 Stealing, +10 Resisting Spells, 8% LMC, 15% DCI, 12% Poison resist)

Just all out a fun way to play.....macros are a pain in the ass, and don't bother trying to play this char if you can't move quick on the keyboard.

Cheers.

-Oblivion

R

Robthemilt

Im jealous of that suit.
I actually just redid my suit about an hour ago, and because i turned elf tonight its got a lot of stam regen on it. i think 12. But its just your basic shadow dancers and burgs bandana. + Stealing and Ninja jewelry.
I used a few regs and Arcane clothing, back when i used magery, Much cheaper, but kind of a pain to keep checking your clothes.

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

Prodo Shards Thief

Blessed BB
Blessed Shadow Dancer Legs
2/6 jewels with some nice extra's.
Reg barbed leather armor which get's me to just shy of all 70's.

R

RichDC

Personally run with

Mark of trav (ninja stealth 3hpr)
shadow dancer legs
no weapon (wrestle and alchemy)

Basically i have 70's about 12hpr 4st r 65%dci(hld proof) 80% ep (50ring 30 alchy) low LMC think about 30% and about 5Mr

My temp and suit is purely set around defence and healing while on the move(either with pots or my natural hpr).

Very successful usually, if i get cornered things can take a turn for the worse but generally i can outrun mages, archers...pretty much anything.

Resist isnt a skill i need as i use trap boxes and lesser cures with apples (lesser cos saves me garlic and with 80%ep i can cure level 6 poison)

Oh with the 80% ep i heal aroun 50hp per heal (plus gain almost 40extra hp from a strength). Exp pots do around 30-40 damage to a 70fire conflags aroun 7-12 per tick so i can if need be mess up my targets (especially mages!)

Personally not a fan of magery as thief (cant cast in form which im rarely out of) and anything that means you have to stop no matter how long is a bad idea!!!

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally run with

Mark of trav (ninja stealth 3hpr)
shadow dancer legs
no weapon (wrestle and alchemy)

Basically i have 70's about 12hpr 4st r 65%dci(hld proof) 80% ep (50ring 30 alchy) low LMC think about 30% and about 5Mr

My temp and suit is purely set around defence and healing while on the move(either with pots or my natural hpr).

Very successful usually, if i get cornered things can take a turn for the worse but generally i can outrun mages, archers...pretty much anything.

Resist isnt a skill i need as i use trap boxes and lesser cures with apples (lesser cos saves me garlic and with 80%ep i can cure level 6 poison)

Oh with the 80% ep i heal aroun 50hp per heal (plus gain almost 40extra hp from a strength). Exp pots do around 30-40 damage to a 70fire conflags aroun 7-12 per tick so i can if need be mess up my targets (especially mages!)

Personally not a fan of magery as thief (cant cast in form which im rarely out of) and anything that means you have to stop no matter how long is a bad idea!!!

Just noticed, and want to confirm:

Isn't Enhance Potions capped at 50%?

C

Chiera

I remember the ecru rings were nerfed from 75 to 50 a few years back, don't know though if this is also the cap for EP now.

H

Hans

EP is capped at 50% he gets the other 30% from GM alchy. I believe it is 10 EP for every 33 Alchy.