• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thieves Need Expanded Library Turn Ins

A

Africanus

The amount of low level artifact and even some higher level artifacts have saturated the various shards. I propose they give point values for the library collecions in britain for all the various artifacts. I suppose it might be a good idea to look at library in general since there are many more items that can join the list to lower the item count in game.

Maybe a few quests related to a fence who spawns from time to time and asks for certain stealable items.

L

Lord Drakelord

The amount of low level artifact and even some higher level artifacts have saturated the various shards. I propose they give point values for the library collecions in britain for all the various artifacts. I suppose it might be a good idea to look at library in general since there are many more items that can join the list to lower the item count in game.

Maybe a few quests related to a fence who spawns from time to time and asks for certain stealable items.
god yes!

Also I would like to see a collaboration at the Library vendors, or at least have the master collector see all the stuff I have turned in, and credit me for them, so I can get that one reward I been wanted for ages.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's already enough collection stuff flooding the market due to scripted resources.. we don't need more from artie gathering from the new doom system / another way for dupers to get rid of evidence if the heat comes down.

L

Lord Drakelord

There's already enough collection stuff flooding the market due to scripted resources.. we don't need more from artie gathering from the new doom system / another way for dupers to get rid of evidence if the heat comes down.
And want is wrong with letting people turn in those Doom items at the Library? the OP was speaking about those items we steal from there. There is no market for the low level Doom arties a thief steals today. Today when I hit Doom, the Dojo, and the mine all the low level stuff is left by most of us since we know there is no way to get rid of it on the player's market, no one needs them.

Since the birth of the NEW arty books in Bedlam that you can make filled bookcases out [which I still say was a dumb idea, they should have used the four low level books we get out of Doom for those] I rarely see anyone in Doom stealing today. But I don't have the lock downs to hold all the low level stuff I steal and most is toss in the trash.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is going to be an improved library turn in system for thieves, I'd like to see some sort of way for the game to track items that were stolen from players. Sure this could be taken advantage of by a couple of friends on seperate accounts or a single player with multiple accounts, but it seems like PvP thieves should be able to get some sort of credit for turn ins as opposed to the way the game is set up now where the crates are awarded points for turning in books...like this is something fun to steal...oh boy oh boy...la

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is going to be an improved library turn in system for thieves, I'd like to see some sort of way for the game to track items that were stolen from players. Sure this could be taken advantage of by a couple of friends on seperate accounts or a single player with multiple accounts, but it seems like PvP thieves should be able to get some sort of credit for turn ins as opposed to the way the game is set up now where the crates are awarded points for turning in books...like this is something fun to steal...oh boy oh boy...la
Oh i know lets have them take your pvp stolen goods then call the guards on you run ya out of town where you should be.

Damn thieves. :D

ok ok i agree it would be nice to have some expanded collection system for all the trash we all seem to hoard. I would also like to see the fire horns and slayer insrtuments + even music box gears be part of the bard collection. and a few more items for all the other ones also.

L

Lord Drakelord

god yes!

Also I would like to see a collaboration at the Library vendors, or at least have the master collector see all the stuff I have turned in, and credit me for them, so I can get that one reward I been wanted for ages.
I still like to see them fix it so that when we turn stuff in at the library the traders collaborate with each other and credit us with turns ins so we can get that reward we been working for.

As you can see here, this character is our library trader, long ago we started turning in t maps, but found it was easier to turn in dragon scales as most folks do not loot them, but I like to see a collaboration among all the traders so we get credit on all turn ins, I also like to see a thief trader for those items we steal in Doom, DoJo, and the Yam Mines.

R

RichDC

fixed title for you

Thieves dont need to turn stuff in we sell it on vendors(or back to the marks)

A

Africanus

There is no need for a fix to my title. No one wants to buy the silly little stealable baskets or fans. I was mainly refering to stealable artifacts, my bad. Right now the library items that you can turn in to the Library thief, include lockpicks...made by tinkers, poison potions...made by alchemists, ninja hoods... made by tailors. I think it is only reasonable that he takes items that were actually stolen with the stealing skill

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no more thief nerfs.
What nerf is being asked here? Did you even read the thread? lmao

But anyways, yes, this would be something nice :D

Turn in Doom/Tok artifacts for points. I like it!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way I see it, the ML collections are really gold sinks ... that just happen to have token "silly" ways to gain the rewards too for the sake of appearances.

(that having been said, I've spent a lot of time shuttling back and forth to get my titles and talismans)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah, more loot for the crates...just what's needed...*rolls eyes*...la
Oh yeah, another pointless Rico post... Just what we needed.

Yes, I 100% agree with the OP, there should be a library turn in for the stuff that thieves can steal from doom, fan dancer dojo, and the mines. The market is so over saturated with it I've seen it sit on the floor at the bank for ages without anyone giving it a second thought. At least make the stealables semi-useful.

A

Africanus

The way I see it, the ML collections are really gold sinks ... that just happen to have token "silly" ways to gain the rewards too for the sake of appearances.

(that having been said, I've spent a lot of time shuttling back and forth to get my titles and talismans)

You know, you have a point. How about a further expansion with the Library Thief in this manner. You may gamble your points for a special reward, a few special items that are unattainable only by the specific character type. You may not use gold to gather points for the alternate rewards.

Example: You approach Rico the Library Thief with your stolen goods and choose the alternate points set at a chosen amount, you get a random special reward if your lucky. Otherwise you might get a booby prize, Rico's new best selling book, the special pink hued Book of LA for Thieves. As you leave the library you feel like you just got robbed, go figure!

L

Lord Drakelord

You know, you have a point. How about a further expansion with the Library Thief in this manner. You may gamble your points for a special reward, a few special items that are unattainable only by the specific character type. You may not use gold to gather points for the alternate rewards.

Example: You approach Rico the Library Thief with your stolen goods and choose the alternate points set at a chosen amount, you get a random special reward if your lucky. Otherwise you might get a booby prize, Rico's new best selling book, the special pink hued Book of LA for Thieves. As you leave the library you feel like you just got robbed, go figure!
I feel like that at ever staged, [v day, st pat's day], EM event.

R

RichDC

There is no need for a fix to my title. No one wants to buy the silly little stealable baskets or fans. I was mainly refering to stealable artifacts, my bad. Right now the library items that you can turn in to the Library thief, include lockpicks...made by tinkers, poison potions...made by alchemists, ninja hoods... made by tailors. I think it is only reasonable that he takes items that were actually stolen with the stealing skill
You missed the point.

Thieves steal items from players that dont need to be turned in, we use them or sell them on vendors (replicas powerscrolls SOT's and anything un insured)

Thiefs steal things lying around on the floor for all to take, Thievery requires skill Guile and cunning. Thiefing requires nothing.

Thieves need snooping to pick there mark, stealth to sneak up on there mark and alot more complicated templates than thiefs. Whom only require stealing instead of anatomy (4/6 dexxer with stealing), med (mage/tamer with stealing) for example.

The above 2 are examples on thiefs not thieves.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealing items from a dungeon or crate requires the same skill as stealing from another player. STEALING.

We all know the majority (vocal minority?) of PvP thieves think they're above everyone else who uses the stealing skill. Get over yourselves and quit trolling any non-pvp related thief threads.

R

RichDC

They are not the same and can never survive with the same skills, a PvP thief could do dungeon thiefing if the need arose...i almost guarantee that any dungeon thief wouldnt survive 2seconds in the real world of thieves.

All a dungeon thief need is one skill...that can be added to any template and there a thief??

No sir you are wrong.

Edit: Besides if the poster had spelt thief correctly for his question type and posted it in the appropriate forum i wouldnt have even read it.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealing items from a dungeon or crate requires the same skill as stealing from another player. STEALING.
In UO, using the stealing skill to pick up a book or a rock does not make one a thief. In UO, a thief takes items from another player with risk of getting killed for this action by other players. Quit trying to pump yourself up by claiming that your use of the stealing skill makes you a thief...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are not the same and can never survive with the same skills, a PvP thief could do dungeon thiefing if the need arose...i almost guarantee that any dungeon thief wouldnt survive 2seconds in the real world of thieves.

All a dungeon thief need is one skill...that can be added to any template and there a thief??

No sir you are wrong.

Edit: Besides if the poster had spelt thief correctly for his question type and posted it in the appropriate forum i wouldnt have even read it.
Not to mention that a theif doesn't have to be a member of the NPC Thief Guild to use the stealing skill...la

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In UO, using the stealing skill to pick up a book or a rock does not make one a thief. In UO, a thief takes items from another player with risk of getting killed for this action by other players. Quit trying to pump yourself up by claiming that your use of the stealing skill makes you a thief...la
I mothballed stealing months ago and turned my former thief into a stealth fencer. I'm not trying to "pump myself up" by claiming I'm anything.

I just find it funny how pvp thieves try and justifiy their belief that they're somehow superior to anyone else who uses the stealing skill, just because of their choice of targets.

Honestly, I'm not sure why I even bother.
:wall:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just find it funny how pvp thieves try and justifiy their belief that they're somehow superior to anyone else who uses the stealing skill, just because of their choice of targets.
I'm not justifying anything, just stating facts...la

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not justifying anything, just stating facts...la
The word you are looking for is opinion. Everyone else has the metal fortitude to understand and I suspect you do as well. Stubborn is another word that comes to mind....

All the library rewards need change and reworked from top to bottom.

R

RichDC

The word you are looking for is opinion. Everyone else has the metal fortitude to understand and I suspect you do as well. Stubborn is another word that comes to mind....

All the library rewards need change and reworked from top to bottom.
A thief can only be a thief by joining the Thieves Guild...Therefore if there is no need to be in the guild you are not a thief...you are a looter.

They are not stealing anything...its no-ones to start with therefore it cannot be stolen. To steal something you must relieve SOMEONE of there possesions, otherwise its just been "twoc"ed 2 different crimes that is FACT

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What nerf is being asked here? Did you even read the thread? lmao

But anyways, yes, this would be something nice :D

Turn in Doom/Tok artifacts for points. I like it!
The nerf that tells thieves they are getting something and to be thankful when its another lame addition to be scripted rather than played. Any changes to thieves should be for a pvp aspect.

L

Lord Drakelord

I still like to see them fix it so that when we turn stuff in at the library the traders collaborate with each other and credit us with turns ins so we can get that reward we been working for.

As you can see here, this character is our library trader, long ago we started turning in t maps, but found it was easier to turn in dragon scales as most folks do not loot them, but I like to see a collaboration among all the traders so we get credit on all turn ins, I also like to see a thief trader for those items we steal in Doom, DoJo, and the Yam Mines.

So we all know how you feel about the term thief when it comes to stealing items in the dungeons, that why Stratics here made two forums for the PvP thief and the crate thief, but no one has said anything about my idea that I put in here as a tag along. Let get some collaboration among those traders at the Library, or do something like the turn in box at the zoo and the museum, and let us get credit on all our turn ins at the Brit Library.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It never made any sense to me that all those point's aren't held together in a collective pot. To take it one step further let's make it so that all characters on an account share the points as well.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you aren't a thief when you steal from crates you might want to tell the npc that cause they call you one when they call guards on you. LOL

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally think, that to be more accurate, the PvP thieves should not use "thief" at all.

Highwayman, pickpocket, murderer, brigand, mugger, cutpurse...

There are SOOOOO many options available to differentiate themselves from "crates", yet they want the one aspect of thieving that MOST fits the generic term, to be the one to use a different name.

Hell, going by literature and historical equivalents of PvP Thieves, they took being called a simple "Thief" as an INSULT, usually one deadly for one party or the other from the resulting drawing of weapons.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To whom it may concern:

Unless you can show me official documentation declaring that static and pvm thieves are not allowed to use correct spelling please stop trolling on that issue.
The plural of 'thief'' is 'thieves' and 'theif' is a miss-spelled word.

A

Africanus

The concept of this game is that they create the enviroment and you create your own fun with what is provided. There is no argument needed, play the pvp, janitor, crate, relic hunter type thief you enjoy. I have done it all!

The subject is Library points and rewards for that class. You want to talk pvp and the nonsense, start your own thread. I just noted the silly items thieves could turn in, noting none were items that we could actually steal.

Maybe we can give the boys and girls upstairs some ideas on how to expand the system to make it more enjoyable.

R

RichDC

Then add a way for us to make more money stealing from people, Insurance all but killed true thieves and brought about the Doom crawlers. Give us some kind of stealing "bod" or points per steal per stone to get rewards from the thieves guildmasters (try scripting that!!).

the library has no bearing on a thieves life, all we would do is steal from it anyways!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To whom it may concern:

Unless you can show me official documentation declaring that static and pvm thieves are not allowed to use correct spelling please stop trolling on that issue.
The plural of 'thief'' is 'thieves' and 'theif' is a miss-spelled word.
Technically they are theifs...la

link

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Creating a pseudo-dictionary definition for your deliberate miss-spelling does not make it valid.

It is being used as a derogatory term to describe a legitimate playstyle. Therefore it is a troll. Please desist in such denigration, trolling is a breach of RoC.

R

RichDC

did some posts just get deleted??

Either way, on topic, the library is useless full stop, its another way for scripters to make stupid money that regular casual players cant compete in, the resources required for the casual player to achieve one of the many needed items would take them months!!!

If you want something for thieves to turn in we should be looking more at what can be stolen, I still think one of the best options would be a points system of weight of steal. Five times the points for steals in champ spawn areas, half points for dungeon steals.

Once a thief reaches a certain level he can, if hes in the guild, he can recieve a reward from the guildmaster. Either some form of title, talisman, armour whatever. Or even how about this! The ability to steal one insured item!!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did some posts just get deleted??

Either way, on topic, the library is useless full stop, its another way for scripters to make stupid money that regular casual players cant compete in, the resources required for the casual player to achieve one of the many needed items would take them months!!!

If you want something for thieves to turn in we should be looking more at what can be stolen, I still think one of the best options would be a points system of weight of steal. Five times the points for steals in champ spawn areas, half points for dungeon steals.

Once a thief reaches a certain level he can, if hes in the guild, he can recieve a reward from the guildmaster. Either some form of title, talisman, armour whatever. Or even how about this! The ability to steal one insured item!!
But the turn-ins that are currently open to be turned in are a heck-of-a lot easier to script then those doom/tok. artifacts. I don't see how making those artifacts available will help scripters when it's a lot easier to script making tons of lock-picks or just about anything else.
Artifacts at best spawn once an hour. How would this benefit scripters more than scripting to make the items to turn-in?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theives and ninjas have been nerfed to near extinction. Mirror Image is now less useful AND you can get guard whacked for doing it in town...
I believe they are fixing (if they haven't already) the mirror image agro problem.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thieves and ninjas have been nerfed to near extinction. Mirror Image is now less useful AND you can get guard whacked for doing it in town...
They JUST fixed mirror image. That was one of the things they did yesterday when the servers went down during the day.

And library turn-ins is not a nerf as it doesn't change the way the skill works at all.

G

gjohnson5

They JUST fixed mirror image. That was one of the things they did yesterday when the servers went down during the day.

And library turn-ins is not a nerf as it doesn't change the way the skill works at all.
OMG....

To Whom it may concern
If you have nothing better to do then spell check every post on stratics , you maybe you should check into a mental health facility for OCD
:rolleyes:

My point is that the THIEF and ninja nerfs are annoying

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG....

To Whom it may concern
If you have nothing better to do then spell check every post on stratics , you maybe you should check into a mental health facility for OCD
:rolleyes:

My point is that the THIEF and ninja nerfs are annoying
Nerfs are annoying for thieves, yes. And library turn-ins are not nerfs :D

And yes I am slightly OCD for spelling, writing many many essays, research papers, thesis papers etc can do that for you hehe.
Although that wasn't the purpose of my reply to your post if you read it so clearly I have plenty of other things to do :D