Thief Template

• Thread starter imported_bouche835
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
I

imported_bouche835

I thinking about redoing my thief template. I was wondering what you'll thought about my template. Please shoot holes in it.

This is after items.

Stealing 120
Stealthing 80
Snooping 100
Hiding 100
Margery 110
Eval intel 110
Necro 105
SS 110

V

vanecrox

I've never been a fan of the mage/thief template but that doesn't mean you can't do it. However, I would advise that you trim your template a little more because your template is a thief/necro/mage. For instance, I'd drop necro and ss and replace them with something like meditation and resist.

Magery is great as a supplemental skill. The reason I don't like the mage thief template is that many thieves who use it have more mage skills and miss out on the benefits of other skills like:

Ninjitsu - Animal form and shadowjump.
Detect Hidden - Reveal targets that are hidden.
Wrestling/Tactics - Disarm targets without the use of a weapon.
Tracking - Track targets that can stealth.
Disarm - Essential for a faction thief.
Chivalry - Sacred Journey takes no reagents.
Musicianship/Peacemaking - May sound odd but I knew a thief that used this to steal in dungeons and made a killing.

As aforementioned I am not trying to deter you from making a mage/thief, I am just giving my opinion on the template.

G

Like the other guy said i'ddrop necro and SS, the only real use fornecro iswraith form but you only need about 30 for that. As for SS you already have magery to heal with so itsa bit redundent.

Also play on siege..its more fun...and the thief population currently seems to consist of me and some dude called james

V

vinncent

Are you going to be stealing in Fel or just Doom rares?

For me I have a mage template with magery and eval.
I also have hiding and stealth and I just added Resisting Spells.
If I had to do it all again.. I think I might get healing and anatomy if I can work the skills just right. I get tagged alot and double flame striked often while running through dungeons.

I

imported_bouche835

I am stealing in Fel. I have another thief I use in doom. Thanks for replying. I am really new with this template and I didn't understand why I put ninja on my template (I just saw it on everyones template). But I understand now it saved my butt lastnight, wolf form is amazing and very fast. So I am going to stick with my thief template. I was just thinking about taking it a different direction. My current template is

stealing, stealthing, snooping, ninj, fencing, poison, magery and hiding.

G

Although poison is fun to have, you have to be careful not to go red. Playing a thief while red has some disadvantages. The fencing is a good idea, but I always ran into timing problems with making sure the dagger wasn't in my hands at the moment I was going to make a steal, or haing the dagger in my hands after a steal, to be able to use it to get safely hidden into the shadows.

As far as ninar skill, get a smoke/egg bomb macro. They come in handy out in the field. Also, shadow jump is very handy when trying to evade large groups of players who know how to use field spells to their advantage. I've never been one to use the forms much, but they can be used for sure...la

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

I thinking about redoing my thief template. I was wondering what you'll thought about my template. Please shoot holes in it.

This is after items.

Stealing 120
Stealthing 80
Snooping 100
Hiding 100
Margery 110
Eval intel 110
Necro 105
SS 110

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what you want to do with him. All you need are Stealing, Snooping, Hiding, Stealth... the rest doesn't really matter. The one you posted will work, depends how you want to play him.