• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thief suits

S

Shadowdark

Hi everybody, hoping for some help. A friend of mine is wanting to go full time on his thief. He has asked me to craft him a high end suit. He is using shadow dancer leggings and burglars bandana. He is planning on monster stealing with smugglers edge and standard stealing. I have never played a thief in UO so what is best these days for his suit? Max HPR, STR, LMC? Newb to thief, what matters?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My full-time thief's carry the following:
Stealing​
Stealth​
Hiding​
Magery​
Music​
Peacemaking​
They all have full 70's suits and 100% LRC and really don't need much else. What you have for the last skill is up to you...
:)

R

Rusko

Yea, You're friends Template is gonna change the Suit alot depending on what style...

You can have magery or mysticism, then poisoning and fencing for shurikens or darts, and need lots of mana-mods
You could be a tamer and need other stats.
You could be an archer or other warrior thief and need Hit stats...

It greatly depends on this information first.

S

Shadowdark

Ok, got his temp, this is what he is running with. Sorry about the delay.
Hiding
Ninjitsu
Snooping
Stealing
Stealth
Anatomy
Healing
Swords
Tactics

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiding
Ninjitsu
Snooping
Stealing
Stealth
Anatomy
Healing
Swords
Tactics
Uh, seems like a lot of skills for one char.... could you explain with skillpoints in each skill?

:eek:

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiding
Ninjitsu
Snooping
Stealing
Stealth
Anatomy
Healing
Swords
Tactics
Ok that seems like a lot of skill points. You'll need to check with your friend to see if he wants any skill points added to jewelry. Because he will be stealthing, his armor needs to be leather or have the mage armor property. I also recommend 70s resist, lower mana cost 40% if possible, to help him with mana for special moves and ninjitsu spells. If you have room, maybe add hit chance increase and defense chance increase on the jewlery. Also if you have room, add stamina increase and some stamina regen. I find that I lose stamina a lot in llama form, so try to add a little to his suit. Finally, if you have the extra room, you can add +stats to his jewels or maybe hit point regen on his armor. If he's human, I recommend the nocturne earrings for night sight. He can't steal with anything in his hands, so having a shield would be kind of useless. Even when he's using the smuggler's edge, he can't use a shield. So don't count on adding a shield as part of his suit. Also, there are a variety of talismans which can help with properties, robes, aprons etc. He said he wanted a high end suit, so taking advantage of all of those things can really improve his suit. I'm brain dead after a bad day at work. If I think of something else, I'll come back and add it. :)

S

Shadowdark

Just got back on, appreciate the help, we got it sorted out. Did have to put skills on the jewelry. His template was spread out. Also he is getting a lot of points off of artie gear. Its working for him. Thanks for the advice on the stamina regen. He said the same thing about llama form. He just needed 70 resists balanced with the arties. Had to fashion pieces with exact resists and balance some stats, but he is up and running.

R

Rusko

Burglars Bandanna, Shadow Dancer Leggings, Cloak of Silence, Oak Leaf Cloak Real or [Replica], Royal Investigator's Cloak Real or [Replica]...

Those items will allow you to fit ALOT more if you can build a suit around it...

S

Shadowdark

Yeah they do, I had no idea a thief suit/template was so versatile, you can get an insane number of skill points on a thief suit and be all 70's. I may have to convert one of my characters to try it out. I might run my elf alchemist. Would this is a viable template? I only have a 710 point account and could use a burglars bandana and a cloak of silence to start. This would be for either rarity items or monster stealing.

100 hiding
100 stealth (120 with gear)
100 ninjitsu
100 alchemy
110 stealing (120 with gear)
100 macing
100 tactics