• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thief Question

B

bigpapi

Got a thief question. I am in the process of finishing up my thief and I am trying to finalize my build. My thief is mainly gonna be used to steal Doom/SA/Tok artifacts, and maybe sneak in and harass/steal from people at champ spawns and such. I don’t think I will be doing any factions. With that said, I have 120 pts left in my build I am unsure what to use on and was hoping I could get some suggestions:

My current build (710 pts - Human):

120 Ninjitsu

100 Hiding

100 Lockpicking

90 Snooping (100 w/ Burg Bandana)

90 Stealing (120 w/ Burg Bandana, Shadow Dancer Legs)

90 Stealth (120 w/ BB,SDL)

Where should I use my last 120? My thoughts were:

1st, Alch for the potion boost and the last 20 in magery (use spellbook/jewels to raise magery another 30-45 pts)

2nd, At least 100 Magery and the rest in Focus (if I do not take to 120)

3rd, Wrestling (does Disarm/Para Blow work on NPCs? And if so, is it worth taking to 120 or would 100 + 20 in magery like #1 work)

4th, Combo of Resist and Magery

5th, Spellweaving

6th, something else

Any advice is much appreciated

Thanks!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me start by saying that I have never had much success mixing a pvp thief with a rares thief. I use soul stones to swap out between the 2 templates.

That being said, if I were working a template like you have there, I would probably put the extra points into eval and magery and try to work extra points into each with my suit build. At least you'll have a little something to defend yourself with if you get in a pinch.

O

Old Man of UO

With that template, you are going to get hit a lot while running through the dungeons looking for stealables. With magery at the least, you can use a mage weapon or Swords of Prosperity to keep from getting hit so often. Even archery would work.

How are you planning to travel? Runebooks or scrolls? How are you going to cure/heal yourself- potions? Potions are somewhat limiting and weigh a lot. What will you do when hiding fails (and it will)? Again, I'd suggest magery, and not even worry about the little resist that you can have with the left over points. I can't see where wrestling, alchemy or resist will help... focus wouldn't hurt.