• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thief question...

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
O.K. I have not had a thief for over 9 years. Looking to build a non-pvp thief. I have no plans to steal from other players with this character. Strictly using for stealing of artifacts, etc. With all that said here is my question:

1. Is there any reason to have Stealing or Stealth real skill of 120? If I have items and Jewelry that makes me 120 in both is that sufficient? Or are there benefits to having real skill?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
O.K. I have not had a thief for over 9 years. Looking to build a non-pvp thief. I have no plans to steal from other players with this character. Strictly using for stealing of artifacts, etc. With all that said here is my question:

1. Is there any reason to have Stealing or Stealth real skill of 120? If I have items and Jewelry that makes me 120 in both is that sufficient? Or are there benefits to having real skill?
No need to have real skill at 120. You can get by with 75 stealth if you wear leather or mage armor. Use items to boost both and you will do fine.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To steal the balm items, I made a throwaway char w/50 Steal & the soulstoned skill to my Stealth Mage (100 Hide & 85 Stealth). I used +10 Smug Bandanna, +20 Shadow Legs, and +30 jewel set to get to 110 skill and once I found a cheap 120 scroll, I SS'd over 80ish Ninja slill so I could use +10 Ferret form tali.

Ferret form not very vesatile (can't cast magic) so I stole bandis from Tram Bucs Deen barrel until I reached 60ish real skill.

When SA came out, I used to hunt in Cavern & Underworld with my stealth-mage, carrying the insureed +60 items in backpack. Whenever I saw an arti spawn, I would run into the nearest phone booth and chae into SuperThief:)

Now with Latterns, I change my chars an made my Busido 120 swds into my Lanternthief. I soulstoned 115 Bushido & 120 Parry and added 60 Steal, 100 Hide and 40 Stealth. Not needing LRC on new Steal jewels, I made new set that has +30 Steal and +26 Stealth, rest in dcci/hci and stats.

So yes, as long as you have items, no need for real skill.