• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thief of the Month - September

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reckon I'll get us started. I hope to see more submissions now that summer is over!

I've been tooling about on my newbie Atl thief, recently. Headed down to Despise and found me a few blues working the spawn. Now typically I prefer stealing from enemy factioners...but this worked.

That Vasilius was pulling in scrolls every minute, so I felt I should force my offer to hold 'em for him.

After stealing my first four, Vasilius kindly asked for his 1.0 Parry back. I'm in it for the fun, these days, so what the hell. I handed it back. Lol. Went and banked the first three, came back for more. I only got one more before the Baracoon popped up, and a bunch of red CoM raided.

Unable to help myself, I gave myself away to the newcomers by stealing their faction bandies. What can I say, they have perty colors! Deciding my safest bet would be the Star Room, I was disappointed when they chose to take the long run out of the dungeon with their powerscrolls. Ah well. Cowards. Hah. :danceb:

It was no 120 or +25 theft, but heck, maybe it'll encourage one of you to post something better! Total worth of 5 scrolls, just under 2 mil (at a minimum).

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Lake Superior. I was at Yew Gate, waiting for a fellow thief to show up and this brilliant mark appeared.

I figured I'd snoop him openly and watch him go running from the gate.

Unfortunately, this guy was not much of a pvper. He had no intention of leaving the guard zone despite being a gargoyle with a dragon.

As a result I discovered a 110 scroll tucked away in his bag. I helped unburden his pack a bit, by removing the 110 scroll.

What happened next is what every thief wants to see. The mark had hidden a 120 power scroll under the 110, and he wasn't leaving the vicinity.

So I helped myself to that too. After that, he didn't have anything else worth taking and I got bored and left.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah, I just love it when great marks like that show up at Yew gate of all places. Hah. Nice guard-zone nab!

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not entirely sure. 10-11pm EST, I reckon.

Shqiptar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well decided to throw my theft in... probably not gonna win because of Imbuing... though back in the day these would have been nice. :D

Both were stolen from the same guy... I also stole some enhanced bandies from those around the gate.

S

Shinobi

...in all my years...that is the first time i have ever seen a thief post a steal pic from the enhanced client, lol. Doesn't look too bad.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...in all my years...that is the first time i have ever seen a thief post a steal pic from the enhanced client, lol. Doesn't look too bad.
really I'm not even sure where that is. lol That's sooooo blurry.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hah, righteous! EC theft, for the win :p :danceb:

Omnius...I'm not sure if they were CoW. I'm still a newbie on Atl, haven't even been played there enough to GM a skill. Lol.

Triberius

Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has a few benefits, like oh, they can't hide stuff by stacking for example. Also if you do grid view packs, it's easier to do a quick scan over their stuff.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been considering it for that suit-switching function. That is nifty! That'd be very useful to a thief; being able to instantly switch gear to suit the situation. Unfortunately my system can only run EC for about 10 minutes before it eats all the memory.

Shqiptar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been considering it for that suit-switching function. That is nifty! That'd be very useful to a thief; being able to instantly switch gear to suit the situation. Unfortunately my system can only run EC for about 10 minutes before it eats all the memory.
I've never heard of a suit switching option... but I just came back to UO myself so I am missing a lot of info lol

As for its blurriness... it isn't that blurry but the screen pics were for some reason.

Triberius

Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never heard of a suit switching option... but I just came back to UO myself so I am missing a lot of info lol

As for its blurriness... it isn't that blurry but the screen pics were for some reason.

You make separate macros for each suit, takes the EC about .1 seconds to swap all the gear when you hit the macro. For someone watching your paperdoll it looks like you've instantly switched everything, it's crazy fast.