• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

They could bring this from WoW to UO

T

tarugobr

they could create a chat system in UO like WoW
for example, horde is unable to talk to alliance, as alliance may not talk to horde

they could do that for faction system
example
true brit not able to communicate with minax, council and shadowlordrs

what do you guys think about it?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it makes no sense... The reason the horde can't communicate with alliance is because neither is the same race and both speak different languages. the two really don't understand each other much. Only a few on either side even in the game really understood the language of the others and that was mostly mage to mage or hero to hero.

The average anyone probably didn't share much beyond a few words of the others language.

In UO. All factions were humans. humans all speak the same language in ultima.

Now this has already been ruined but it would have made more sense for elves and humans to be unable to communicate. It may be interesting if humans and elves couldn't communicate with gargoyles but que sera sera, I believe we've passed this too.

B

Barl DeAbreago

Honestly I barely played wow and when I did I hated this concept.

Granted, I am a bit biased, but I am a roleplayer. Whether a majority of the uo player base chooses to roleplay or not, this is a massively multiplayer online 'roleplaying' game.

Factions themselves if you ask me was implemented for a variety of reasons, but one of them was to give purpose to combat via interacting with different factions created along side the lore of the game.

To me..Not being able to talk to your enemy kills roleplay. Granted most of the time it is double whopper with cheese talk in factions anyways, but people will find a way to do that if they really want to. I can't help but feel that the inability to speak to your enemy is only a limiting factor with no real benefit.

Sorry again if I come off biased..but then I'm a fan of UO for its originality. Every time they do something that emulates wow (ML) I die a little inside.

S

Sassassin

WoW did it to basically eliminates trashtalk. Hordes and Alliances are enemies to each other. And when there's PvP, people die. When people die, people trash talk. WoW is a kiddie's game. An enforced filter system is required.