• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

These Pet Combo's?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you reckon is best out of these pet combos? What deals most damage etc?

Bane Dragon
Mare

Bane Dragon
Bake

Rune Beetle
Mare

Rune Beetle
Bake

Dread Warhorse
Mare

Dread Warhorse
Bake

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone? I heard Rune beetle/bake is meant to be the best dmg dealing combo is that true?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Esca!

Im not sure how much has changed in the last 2 years but before that i can say that a mare or bake witha runebeetlse for sure was the most dmg.
Me and a couple of guildmates spent a lot of time testing this. I cant remmeber if it was the bak or the mare though.

I would think its the bake but im not sure.

At that time banedragons didnt exist though.

Cheers!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be awkward, there isn't really one best combo, it depends what you're fighting. Some situations are safe enough for a runey and bake, other times I've gone for a dread and bake simply because I can hop onto the dread and retreat.

I look at the strengths and weaknesses of my pets then try to match them up where they will survive and do most damage. A runey/bake combo does plenty of damage but I like having a range of pets to pair together. Then I can have a bit of variety too. It gets boring with just one or two combinations all the time. One of my favourites is 2 bakes and a 1 slot mount. They don't do mega super damage, but it's much safer for my bard if she can zoom around the spawn on a mount and have 2 pets fighting too.

Wenchy

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah this time round playing i wanted to try different pet combinations than the usual to keep it interesting. Been really enjoying my bane dragon recently. Just tamed 2 bakes as I haven't used them before. I used to use a dread warhorse/nightmare combo before which was quite fun. Silverbird i already have a pack of 5 hellcats to have fun with :). Im really enjoying the bane dragon so was hoping a bane dragon/bake kitsune combo would be viable. Think i'll train them both up and see what happens :).

Is there any decent combo of double 2 slot pets? Raptors were a let down, wolf spiders have low HP. Was thinking of trying fire steeds again as they can be quite fun :)

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some 2 slot pets that are useful drake,lowland boura, bake, vollem, nightmare out of these the vollem and nightmare does the most dmg
3 slot pets dragon, ww,bane, dreadmare, rune beetle
Bane dread and ww does the most dmg (they are very close in dmg) followed by dragon (not that far behind at all) vs low resist target
vs high resist rune beetle do the most due to armour corrupt

My best guess is that rune beetle and nightmare do the most dmg vs medium to high resist target

and ww nightmare vs low resist target

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bake Kitsune seems better than a nightmare though.

Bake Kitsune
Base Damage 15-22 70% Physical 30% Energy
Magic level Master
Mana 400 odd
Rage attack Damage over time special ability
Better resists

Nightmare
Base damage 16-22 40% Physical 40% Fire 20% Energy
Magic level Neophyte
Mana 125
Fire breath
Better attack damage

Judging between the two i reckon the Bake is better because it is alot tankier with its better resists and its magic level is higher than that of a nightmares and it has a huge mana pool to keep dropping those flamestrikes etc. The nightmare probaly hits harder but runs out of mana alot quicker, i reckon dropping all those spells will rack up more damage overall. What do you think?

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes the bake is a better tank and also it have high stamina up tp 140 dex i think so it jumps around a bit and follow you better when you ride at full speed
Both pets are realy good it is more a personal choice and situation thing but you did ask what pet combo did the most dmg so that was my answer or best guess

Bake kitsune have very low str and that is why it do not do as much dmg

Nightmare have more than double the str if you compare only meele dmg playing a nightmare with 0 tactics and 0 anatomy does almost as much dmg as a bake with 100 tactics and 100 anatomy

As for spells and pets well if it is burst dmg you are after you could be correct like in PvP but i do not do much pvp so can not say for pvm i still think the nightmare do more dmg

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah heard Bakes are good for PvP :) Well im gonna train one of my bakes up and my bane dragon and use Bane/bake and Bane/mare combo see which one i like better :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bake Kitsune seems better than a nightmare though.

Bake Kitsune
Base Damage 15-22 70% Physical 30% Energy
Magic level Master
Mana 400 odd
Rage attack Damage over time special ability
Better resists

Nightmare
Base damage 16-22 40% Physical 40% Fire 20% Energy
Magic level Neophyte
Mana 125
Fire breath
Better attack damage

Judging between the two i reckon the Bake is better because it is alot tankier with its better resists and its magic level is higher than that of a nightmares and it has a huge mana pool to keep dropping those flamestrikes etc. The nightmare probaly hits harder but runs out of mana alot quicker, i reckon dropping all those spells will rack up more damage overall. What do you think?
A few things to add to this... the mare is a mount, which does give you some speed advantages and protects the mare if things get crazy. Kits do have to look after themselves, but they're decent mini tanks and fast movers. They're often good at self-healing. With nicely even resists. And giggle :D That said, I still use mares as often, because they're useful alongside a non-mount pet and dread mares make handy tank buddies for them.

With the mana depletion there is a trick to getting the best from a nightmare *grins* Your first pet into a fight will burn up their mana and stamina putting everything into their attack, likewise they get all the resist gains as the monster smacks them hardest in return. When your second and subsequent pets join the fight however, they don't burn mana or stamina in this way. So if you have one pet with a stack of mana tanking a monster, the mare will happily churn out spells behind it. During hunts I try and alternate who attacks first to even things out, but it's handy to stable a mare before claiming your tank pet so they go into fights with the tank first and mare second as default to keep the mare safe and loaded with mana. Then when I want the mare first I command her by name and it usually works really well.

Wenchy

Ommy2k7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Esca you big hunk of bear loving butchness.

I usually take out my 3.4 Dread and my 4.7 Nightmare. Both fully trained they can eat pretty much most things in no time.

Bakes are good though, I just get eye strain from their graphics :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My son has a pair of bake, he has so much fun with the giggling pair that he hasn't bothered training his taming any higher. They can take down a greater dragon with competent vetting.

Ommy2k7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With resists in the right places, good HP and competent vetting as Petra says.. You'd be surprised what you can actually kill with weaker pets.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Obviously depending on what I'm fighting, and I don't have Bake's on my Tamer (yet - though really in the mood to after reading this!), I use Rune Beetle/Mare on Swoops in a Luck suit. Throwing in Discord, Despair and Tribulation (if there's even time to cast all of them) kills it very rapidly.

I have a pair of Bakes which I farmed for ages for high resists on my Necro/Mage, which I use for Champion Spawns, good control and positioning to use them as a shield when there's a lot of casters, or on Ilshenar ones Parragons, and helps level it faster. I use them at Melisande too combined with Slayer+Corpse Skin+FS/Omen combos.