• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Theft of the Month: January '09

• Thread starter Arch Magus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
A

Arch Magus

Sup thieves.

I'm finally getting ready to come off my work week, and can't wait to get out replica stealing full time.
You folks out there have anything worthy of Theft of the Month?
The very few times I've been to a spawn I haven't seen any replicas drop on my marks. I'll be checking spawns diligently come Thursday morn'.

Anyone out there actively trying to get these? Any luck?
:dunce:

S

Shinobi

I'll go ahead and be the first to post, considering Rico is too stubborn to update TOTW...

Let's see, this month i've stolen 4 nice things. I have been x-sharding to all of the major shards, stealing what i can then creating a new branch of my thief guild on each, all the while selling the books i have written. Here's the items i've stolen so far this month:

120 Magery (Catskills) - Stolen from Angel of Death. (I don't take pics of 120's)

Arcane Shield (Baja) - Stolen from Nephthys.

Crystalline Ring (Baja) - Stolen from DiedRich.

Sick Val Mage Kryss (Baja) - Stolen from PseudoSkill - Current bid for kryss is at 45mil.

Well that's all i've gotten so far this month. I'm about to x-fer off of Baja onto the next shard. Might post some steals i get from there too, not sure.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been hitting the spawns, but yet to nab myself a Replica.

I did steal about 5.0's worth of SoT's and a few 120's last night, though. Two different guilds finished spawns, both showed up in the Star room, major fight ensued in Terra Keep. Id steal, run into a very far corner of the keep and stash my scrolls in a little pouch, in case I died. I eventually did at the end, losing a ****ty 120 Disco, but recovered the rest of my scrolls.

Disarm-stole what I thought was a godly diamond mace at said fight. HLD, HCI, max hit spell, max DI...but later noticed how damned useless it was, without SSI. 4-second weps...bah.

All-in-all, not a bad 30 minutes of stealing on a prodo shard. As the Siege fanboys put it, we can only steal bandies and pots anyway. ;)

Cant wait to see a pic of someone nabbing one of the better replicas, though.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, let me start off by saying that this is my first time posting to any forum on UO Stratics after playing Ultima Online for over ten years. In this time I've experienced alot, but nothing has compared to playing a thief, and further more, a new light on this imtriguing class.

With that being said, it has been a while since i've played this type of character, and be it as it may, I re-activated one of my old accounts and decided to give it a whirl for old times. During this time, I had an encounter with a well know thief named Shinobi (while he was on Atlantic), which i'm sure you all know. And as I said, after playing ten years, i've never encounter someone so clever in regards to a thief. As I used to play a disarm thief primarly before AoS, after insurance, it became a bit more difficult to pull of impressive steals (at least for myself). After having roughly a two hour conversation at the early hours of the morning, he gave me insight that was right infront of me the whole time, but just didn't have a chance to see.

In conclusion, I've been back to my antics due to this fellow, and I felt that I should share one of my better steals this month, while giving some gratitude where it is well deserved.

Atlantic: Madam Hex Alta [HOT]
Item stolen: Conjurer's Trinket (owned by no one)

Unfortunately, I didn't catch the 'you've successfully stolen this item" in my journal as I was quite frantic trying to capture the picture, but you can blantaly see her response once she notices she no longer has her trinket.

It is amazing to see what people decided not to insure....their loss, my gain.

Also, I lied....theives did not die after AoS/Insurance...they are very much alive.

I'm excited to show you many more steals as time progresses.

Cheers.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I said, I would add any of my impressive thefts...and this is one for the books.

Atlantic: HO HO HO (transferred from Chessy)
Items: Sigil Hued Armor of Fortune, "Greetings from EM Kanmare" sash (EM of Atlantic)

Yet again, I still don't understand how some people don't insure items like this, but hey.....works for me.

I ended up striking up a conversation with her in Luna as she was selling these items, and I noticed both were not insured. After having a conversation, we started talking about rares, and decide to show her my "rare" collection at my lovely little house in Felluca. I'm sorry, but she picked the wrong day to transfer shards.

Anyone who says thieves on production shards are dead are completely wrong...I, along with others, have, and continue to prove this.

And Rico, you mentioned "Welcome to the profession...la" ... I've been a thief since 1997 after beta....I have a bit of knowledge to this profession as you can see.

Also, as a side topic, I'm just curious, but what is "la''?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*cleaned up thread*

This thread is for posting steals for January. Everything else will be removed...la

S

Shinobi

*cleaned up thread*

This thread is for posting steals for January. Everything else will be removed...la
That's fine by me Rico, but wasn't it you who first initiated the argument with the smartass "and what guild are you in again?...la." If you don't want retaliation then don't pick fights. And let the record show that you have yet again dodged the subject...la.

But yes, this thread should remain about steals for january. So that being said:

Stolen from Spirit AKA Spiket (Pacific) - Hitching Post [replica]

Unfortunately, i didn't take a pic of it, so don't count it if you don't want to.

A

Arch Magus

Great work thieves.

I loved the Conjurer's Trinket steal. That journal log made me laugh, lol.

I have not had luck getting any Replicas on my thief.
In the past 2 days though, I have gotten 2 crappy 120 scrolls.
Veterinary and Peace.:D

Still half a month left.
Keep up the good work.

A funny story on a side note.
Right before I stole the 120 peace, I snooped out a couple sot's before the boss dropped. One of my marks had an sot for hiding or something worthless. Other had a 1.0 anatomy or something.

The guy with the anatomy says "need a sot for anatomy?"
Othe guy says, "nah, I got one for Taming"
Me, "lawl, you liar", as I steal the legendary peace scroll.

I went and banked my 120 and returned to find them still looking for me in Despise.

haha....losers.

A

Arch Magus

I had a nice theft this morning.
0.8 Animal taming sot from the guys that stole my despsie spawn.
:D

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great work thieves.

I loved the Conjurer's Trinket steal. That journal log made me laugh, lol.
Thank you very much. I have to say it was an adrenaline rush after not playing a thief in such a long time. I still have to say my EM sash steal was by far my favorite one in a long time.

I'm going to within the next week start to hit spawns on a regular basis, hopefully I'll get some nice things to share with you before the month end.

Nice steals btw.

A

Arch Magus

picked up a 115 mage and 115 resist spells from the same guy this morning.

meh, worthless...:eek:

A

Arch Magus

and a 0.9 chiv.

not bad, this will help my chiv archer.

still not what i'm looking for though...

*wanders off, mumbling something about damned replicas*

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and a 0.9 chiv.

not bad, this will help my chiv archer.

still not what i'm looking for though...

*wanders off, mumbling something about damned replicas*
With that being said, you have made it one of my goals to nab a replica by the end of the motnh.

R

RichDC

No screenies but in the first week of the new drops:

0.9 ninja...really needed this!!

And

Oak leaf cloak!!!

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one just made me laugh:

Atlantic: Glacial Green
Item Stolen: Elven Comp Bow

48% Hit Stam Leech
44% Hit Lightning
40% SSI
40% DI
FC 1

Somehow, someway, I convinced this guy to come to my house and told him that I could dye his bow Shadow Dancers Black within the secure trade window, but it had to be uninsured.....

What are people thinking sometimes?

Enjoy.

-Oblivion

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With that being said, you have made it one of my goals to nab a replica by the end of the month.
Arch Magus, like I said, a promise is a promise:

Atlantic: Spike
Item Stolen: Oak Leaf Cloak Replica

Spike does not like me at all anymore. But let me tell you about this character; I convinced him to come to my house because I told him I can fix his prepatched Oak Leaf Cloak and make it dyeable, but it has to be uninsured, put into my trade window, then has to log off.

Me, like most people, if heard this type of ridiculous comment, would have been out of there in a heart beat. Spike agreed to do this as long as I stripped down to nothing while I did it.

I did what I was told, but I was cold so I need his cloak to keep me warm.

Shinobi.....COUNT IT.

A

Arch Magus

ohmyGED,

excellent steals from fools my friend, excellent steals from fools.

some people are just so stupid, you know?lol:D

S

Shinobi

Orni - Stolen from Belboz II

Basically, i found him at fel brit bank. He looked really newbish. He said he's been gone for 2 years or so. I told him that now arti's are blessable, and in order to bless it, all he has to do is put the orni in his backpack, and while it's uninsured, single click it. A drop-down menu will then appear, which will say "Bless". Of course, he drops it into his pack, and boom...uninsured. I stole it from him, and Tetricyde stole it from me, in order to prevent being guard whacked...however he didn't realize that fel brit's GZ isn't working right now, so it didn't matter. Afterwards, i was able to steal it back from Tetri, because it was rightfully mine heh.

FatMagic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shinobi - really love reading your "grab" stories. One question off topic -- what do you have the ships in your bag for? Just interested. If there is some advantage for a thief to carry them... then I'd like to know!

F

Fink

Shinobi - really love reading your "grab" stories. One question off topic -- what do you have the ships in your bag for? Just interested. If there is some advantage for a thief to carry them... then I'd like to know!
I have about a half dozen ships in my pack.. basically trophies I guess. People don't insure ship keys for some reason. I don't really get much out of hijacking the ships other than an excuse to go pirate for a minute or so while I find land and dry dock.

I've been having moderate success lately, mainly pink scrolls and sundry items like marties and other loot drops. Nothing on par with some of these guys.

AaronTheAssassin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what do you have the ships in your bag for? Just interested. If there is some advantage for a thief to carry them... then I'd like to know!
I use them personally for a variaty of reasons, most of which do not involve me learning how to spell properly. Anyways, The primary and most obvious reason is that it will allow you to traverse water. Other reasons to have a boat are... Movable recall location, If your near water u can deploy your boat, insure your key and then recall away, just recall to your key when you want to return. It can also be used as a semi-secure location to stash loot rather than just leaving it or risking it to stay on you, I use this reason the most

S

Shinobi

Well, i usually just steal them and i forget them in there. However, they're perfect for a flashy get-away near the shore. For instance, let's say you're outside of a house which is right by the ocean. You **** off the owner and his friends, and they start looking for you while you stealth around. Imagine the look on their faces when they see a boat appear, and you sailing away saying "Bye bye! Bon voyage!" Lol, it's hilarious.

Also, one time we were attacking a guild house. I got an idea. I placed my boat and hopped on, then revealed myself. Just as i expected, a dexer jumps on the boat to kill me. I close the plank, sail off with him on board, and hide again. I then summon my super drag and have it kill him on the boat. I stop the boat in the middle of the ocean, and i say "Well, i must take my leave now. I hope you enjoy the ocean, beautiful view isn't it?" I then drop the anchor and recall away, leaving his ghost on the boat. It was hilarious, but i later found my boat parked on the shore...turns out you can control boats as a ghost. Oh well, was still funny haha.

FatMagic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, i usually just steal them and i forget them in there. However, they're perfect for a flashy get-away near the shore. For instance, let's say you're outside of a house which is right by the ocean. You **** off the owner and his friends, and they start looking for you while you stealth around. Imagine the look on their faces when they see a boat appear, and you sailing away saying "Bye bye! Bon voyage!" Lol, it's hilarious.

Also, one time we were attacking a guild house. I got an idea. I placed my boat and hopped on, then revealed myself. Just as i expected, a dexer jumps on the boat to kill me. I close the plank, sail off with him on board, and hide again. I then summon my super drag and have it kill him on the boat. I stop the boat in the middle of the ocean, and i say "Well, i must take my leave now. I hope you enjoy the ocean, beautiful view isn't it?" I then drop the anchor and recall away, leaving his ghost on the boat. It was hilarious, but i later found my boat parked on the shore...turns out you can control boats as a ghost. Oh well, was still funny haha.
Ah hah! Love it :) I have to GM my stealing now and get in on the action... I loved stealing in the old days. It's much more challenging now it seems.

A

Arch Magus

Almost the last day of January 09.
I have stole nothing of great value this month, unfortunately.

My nominee for TOTM Jan 09 would have to be...

Shinobi.

With some of the dirtiest steals I've seen in a while.
I bet there were some angry UO'ers after those.
Crystalline and Orny for the most part. The mageweapon being probably the most rare. congrats!

Time to work on Feb 09!

*May your steals be true and your targets be ignorant*

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm casing a champ spawn as I type this...so far Jaana's Staff and Some Virtue Arms.

Hopefully scrolls to come, lol...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two guys doing Barracoon, reallllllly suck. I even gave them some of the aids I looted (off their corpses) so they could finish the damned champ off. I'm tired of this. lol

This is why I rarely hang out at spawns, lol...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ehhh, only got a 115 archery. Final tally...

Those in addition to about 35k in gold, a looted set of 70's armor...at one Champ Spawn...la

FatMagic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do you guys get that death shroud looking cloak? I'd love to get a hold of one of those.

BTW - Nice grabs Rico!!

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice and clean steal for once, great job rico. I'm really not a fan of those scam-steals.

S

Shinobi

Almost the last day of January 09.
I have stole nothing of great value this month, unfortunately.

My nominee for TOTM Jan 09 would have to be...

Shinobi.

With some of the dirtiest steals I've seen in a while.
I bet there were some angry UO'ers after those.
Crystalline and Orny for the most part. The mageweapon being probably the most rare. congrats!

Time to work on Feb 09!

*May your steals be true and your targets be ignorant*
Hell yeah, thanks arch.

I didn't take a pic of it so I didn't even bother posting, but right before I xferred off of pacific I stole a sick heavy xbow.

Heavy xbow - 44 fireball, 40 HLD, 40 SSI, 44 dam inc...stolen from Kiss

Like I said though...no pic...but I sold it for 33mil. It actually got me my xfer off of pacific. And to recap...I ended up selling that mage kryss for 75mil.

FatMagic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man where do you guys find these! I've been just getting into this a little again, and everyone I've snooped has all their stuff insured or blessed.

Plus I'm having a bear of a time keeping up with running targets. I'll have to just throw more caution to the wind I guess.

Love the "legit" steals guys, awesome!

A

Arch Magus

Hey, Woodchuck!

Was that you I saw in Despise this morning?
You remember that guy E-g Mine right?

S

Shinobi

Man where do you guys find these! I've been just getting into this a little again, and everyone I've snooped has all their stuff insured or blessed.

Plus I'm having a bear of a time keeping up with running targets. I'll have to just throw more caution to the wind I guess.

Love the "legit" steals guys, awesome!
What shard you on man? If you are on Atlantic, you can join our thief guild and we'll help ya out.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many here steal on europa ?
My theif on europa is still in training thou, but did manage to steal some scrolls, and stuff...and dammit i stole a 115 eval, but they got me, after a chase in terra keep :(

A

Arch Magus

How many here steal on europa ?
My theif on europa is still in training thou, but did manage to steal some scrolls, and stuff...and dammit i stole a 115 eval, but they got me, after a chase in terra keep :(
Bummer dude, that would have been a heck of a steal.:hug:
Usually when I know I'm going to be caught, If I can eat the scroll, I do.
That really pisses them off, lol.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bummer dude, that would have been a heck of a steal.:hug:
Usually when I know I'm going to be caught, If I can eat the scroll, I do.
That really pisses them off, lol.
Great idea, didn't really think of eating the scroll, oh well maby i'll do that next time.

A

Arch Magus

Great idea, didn't really think of eating the scroll, oh well maby i'll do that next time.
Really now, wasn't that one of the most exciting UO experiences you have ever had?

Waiting for the champ's low health, snooping enemy packs, preparing for a Last Target steal.....damn I love playing my thief.:D

Once I stole a 120 fencing from a large guild. They were trying to find me in terra keep for like 1 hour. It was rather difficult getting out of there.
:)

FatMagic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, Woodchuck!

Was that you I saw in Despise this morning?
You remember that guy E-g Mine right?
That was you!? Hahha! Yes hello! Man I felt bad when you got ganked... i just stuck around for a minute to see what might happen, then walked out. Ah well. I tried adding you to my "friend" list on the KR client, but it kept saying you were offline.

And I don't think my thief character is made for working spawns... hahah. Oh well.

FatMagic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard you on man? If you are on Atlantic, you can join our thief guild and we'll help ya out.
Ah man! Wish your guild was on Chessy. I play on Chesapeake just totally solo, so it's a bit hard to accomplish things. Unless you run into guys like E-G Mine who respect thieves at spawns :-D

And I have no money to transfer my characters over, so I'm stuck here. Plus my brother's characters are here, and I would hate to leave the shard and leave him behind. (we're stingy, and don't like to spend money hahha)

Plus my sub runs out in a few days, and I won't be resubbing for a few months (back in April). Otherwise I would totally join you guys... i'm tired of running around by myself trying to steal from insure & blessed people... dreadfully boring.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really now, wasn't that one of the most exciting UO experiences you have ever had?

Waiting for the champ's low health, snooping enemy packs, preparing for a Last Target steal.....damn I love playing my thief.:D

Once I stole a 120 fencing from a large guild. They were trying to find me in terra keep for like 1 hour. It was rather difficult getting out of there.
:)
It was very exciting indeed :) One of the great things about uo, is that there are lots of great moments, my first gm swordsman etc etc. But ya lurking around in the shadow waiting for the hit, does take one of the top positions on the ladder of fun atm for me in uo.

FatMagic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah you guys got me pining about some of fun steals. I'll tell you guys one of my greatest nabs... it was back when Trammel first started... and when you had to continually press the stealth key to keep it activated.

So I was scraping for ways to steal. I had resorted to "hide in a house, have a friend offer something on the item - leave - and wait for the owner to unlock it" then nab it-kind-of-stealing. Not as fun as stealing from blues, but it worked.

So while I was doing this, I would run around player neighborhood's looking for marks (in a disguise kit of course... my name was changed to Lincoln at the time). I would always run way past a house if I saw someone inside... then creep back inside if possible.

So I ran past a castle.. and the owner inside. I ran way past, stealthed up, and doubled back. He was in the far back part of the castle, so when I entered the front door - he didn't see or hear the front door open. I stealthed into the courtyard, right up to the door he was behind. He was making an aquarium out of blue cloth and all sorts of weird things (I was never into house deco).

But I couldn't get past the inner court door without alerting him to my presence.. so I bided my time... and noticed a Wandering Healer had gotten into the inner court of the castle as well. Well lo-and-behold, the Wandering Healer walks into the door that I also needed to get into :)

So I quickly snuck in behind the healer before the door close, and waited against the back wall... just watching this guy make his aquarium. He locks and unlocks all sorts of cloth pieces... and moves them, etc... all very boring. He would move around various other items as well, but nothing I recognized as being valuable. And mind you, I knew NOTHING of Rares... just liked to grab "magic armor/bracelets/weapons/necklaces" when I used to steal back in pre-Tram.

So I saw items here and there moving.. unlocking.. locking.. but really didn't know what to grab. So I watched a bit. Then I noticed some item called a "skull mug", which seemed like a neat item. It caught my eye just because I liked skull items. So I saw him moving it around a few times... and decided that would be my mark. So waited through a few moves, and very fearfully took a step closer. And eventually stood right next to him as he decorated... I was SO afraid I was going to be revealed (only had about 70 hiding & 70 stealth at the time). But I was lucky to make it!

So it came time... he released the mug, picked it up, put it back down right next to me... and I quickly snatched it up -- Kal Ort Por'ed by butt out of there in a flash to a out-of-the-way bank (Minoc I think). Banked it, and immediately used the disguise kit again to change my name from Lincoln to something else. I changed my garb, and got out of dodge for a few hours.

So In the meantime... I looked up the value on the item... and my jaw dropped to the floor when I realized it was worth at least 4 Million! At that time, I barely had any money (maybe a whopping 50k to my name... never made much money stealing, but had lots of fun) -- so needless to say, this was a HUGE BOOST for me! About 3-4 hours later, I decided to try and hock it at the Brit bank.

Changed my diguise again.. and garb... and starting selling. Had lots of interesting offers. Eventually 30 mins later... some guy runs up and without question says he'll take it for 4 million flat, no questions asked. He looks at it in the trade window, and whips me a check for 4 million without even blinking. Score!

And then... the best part.... I found out, that the guy who bought it - was the guy I stole it from! He said that he had it "stolen" from him earlier in the day, and suspected me... but my name was different, so I didn't let on :)

Either way... I came out 4 Million richer that day... and wow was I happy! Got to buy my first house :)

And since then, I've never made a steal so good as that :)

(sorry for the long-winded story... it's my favorite one to tell)

A

Arch Magus

Ah you guys got me pining about some of fun steals. I'll tell you guys one of my greatest nabs... it was back when Trammel first started... and when you had to continually press the stealth key to keep it activated.

So I was scraping for ways to steal. I had resorted to "hide in a house, have a friend offer something on the item - leave - and wait for the owner to unlock it" then nab it-kind-of-stealing. Not as fun as stealing from blues, but it worked.

So while I was doing this, I would run around player neighborhood's looking for marks (in a disguise kit of course... my name was changed to Lincoln at the time). I would always run way past a house if I saw someone inside... then creep back inside if possible.

So I ran past a castle.. and the owner inside. I ran way past, stealthed up, and doubled back. He was in the far back part of the castle, so when I entered the front door - he didn't see or hear the front door open. I stealthed into the courtyard, right up to the door he was behind. He was making an aquarium out of blue cloth and all sorts of weird things (I was never into house deco).

But I couldn't get past the inner court door without alerting him to my presence.. so I bided my time... and noticed a Wandering Healer had gotten into the inner court of the castle as well. Well lo-and-behold, the Wandering Healer walks into the door that I also needed to get into :)

So I quickly snuck in behind the healer before the door close, and waited against the back wall... just watching this guy make his aquarium. He locks and unlocks all sorts of cloth pieces... and moves them, etc... all very boring. He would move around various other items as well, but nothing I recognized as being valuable. And mind you, I knew NOTHING of Rares... just liked to grab "magic armor/bracelets/weapons/necklaces" when I used to steal back in pre-Tram.

So I saw items here and there moving.. unlocking.. locking.. but really didn't know what to grab. So I watched a bit. Then I noticed some item called a "skull mug", which seemed like a neat item. It caught my eye just because I liked skull items. So I saw him moving it around a few times... and decided that would be my mark. So waited through a few moves, and very fearfully took a step closer. And eventually stood right next to him as he decorated... I was SO afraid I was going to be revealed (only had about 70 hiding & 70 stealth at the time). But I was lucky to make it!

So it came time... he released the mug, picked it up, put it back down right next to me... and I quickly snatched it up -- Kal Ort Por'ed by butt out of there in a flash to a out-of-the-way bank (Minoc I think). Banked it, and immediately used the disguise kit again to change my name from Lincoln to something else. I changed my garb, and got out of dodge for a few hours.

So In the meantime... I looked up the value on the item... and my jaw dropped to the floor when I realized it was worth at least 4 Million! At that time, I barely had any money (maybe a whopping 50k to my name... never made much money stealing, but had lots of fun) -- so needless to say, this was a HUGE BOOST for me! About 3-4 hours later, I decided to try and hock it at the Brit bank.

Changed my diguise again.. and garb... and starting selling. Had lots of interesting offers. Eventually 30 mins later... some guy runs up and without question says he'll take it for 4 million flat, no questions asked. He looks at it in the trade window, and whips me a check for 4 million without even blinking. Score!

And then... the best part.... I found out, that the guy who bought it - was the guy I stole it from! He said that he had it "stolen" from him earlier in the day, and suspected me... but my name was different, so I didn't let on :)

Either way... I came out 4 Million richer that day... and wow was I happy! Got to buy my first house :)

And since then, I've never made a steal so good as that :)

(sorry for the long-winded story... it's my favorite one to tell)
I loved it. Awesome story man.
So often I've longed for the days of old. I never got to experience that kind of before. I have tried free shards before, but it's not quite the same.

I particularly like this part
"He was making an aquarium out of blue cloth and all sorts of weird things (I was never into house deco)."

for some reason that made me lol.

That's the kind of story that sticks with you forever. :D

Too bad you're shutting down the account for a few months.
PM me when you get back. We'll have a blast.

G

GhostGL

Just a little warning. Thiefs watch out for icy patches! Nothing as embarrassing as stealthing into somebodys house and hitting a icy patch. Can knock ya on your ass and worst of all it reveals ya!