• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Theft of the Month: February '09

• Thread starter Arch Magus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
¥

¥§hàdòw¥

I nominate my Fiance! For stealing .4 from my stealing skill!

Seriously though, haven't even touched my main thief until today. Still working on the Siege Thief.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I nominate my Fiance! For stealing .4 from my stealing skill!

Seriously though, haven't even touched my main thief until today. Still working on the Siege Thief.
Not to laugh at your misfortune, but that is HALARIOUS.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Running around doing rounds, I got to Skara and saw someone doing some banking...with what is that in their pack?

*yoink*...la

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I finally setup Photobucket so I don't have to embed the pictures in each post.

To recap, I deleted the original thread of the EM sash but will include it again for TOTM:

Atlantic: Jeeves
Item Stolen: Greetings from EM Kanmare

Chesapeake: Bubba
Item Stolen: Blood (replica drop)

Also, prepare yourself for the next item I am going to post...one of the funniest things i've seen to date.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**DISCLAIMER** -- you may breakdown in an uncontrollable laughter when reading this.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Atlantic: Relendor (and PRINCEGEORGEIV)
Item Stolen: Web (replica drop -- apparently considerably rare)

So here is the story:

I find Relendor at Luna bank attempting to sell this replica drop web for roughly 75mil; my interest was intrigued immediately. Little behold, I saw that it was uninsured *smiles*. So, me being the clever person that I am, said that I am interesting in buying. The problem is that I have most of the checks at my house in Felluca....He states that I should just grab the checks, but acting quickly, I told him that my bank/backpack/house is pretty full, it would be a hassle, my girlfriend is getting pissed at me because I play to much UO, etc.

So, after a bit of persuasion I convinced him to come to my house in Felluca. As I was about to open the gate, I see PRINCEGEORGEIV walking up to the gate....

Relendor: party prince
Oblivion: why?
Relendor: just party him
Relendor: we are going into fel
Relendor: it's for protection

Yes, I did start to laugh.

So, I agree to do so and open the gate to my house. As soon as we get to Felluca, verbatim:

PRINCEGEORGEIV: One sec
Oblivion: ?
PRINCEGEORGEIV: Just to let you know, if you attack Relendor, I'll dismount you
PRINCEGEORGEIV: then it will be 2v1
PRINCEGEORGEIV: you'll be dead
Relendor: don't start prince
Oblivion: to be honest
Oblivion: you shouldn't think about threatening me around here
Oblivion: i don't take threats lightly
PRINCEGEORGEIV: wow, nice robe and hair

The aggressive nice guy...this should be fun...

So, as we are walking into my house, I had his pack opened and notice that he insured the Web. For this occasion, I keep my house stock with vendor rental contracts. I told him that i'll setup the vendor just to make things easier since there is so much gold involved and it is much more secure (or so he thinks). He agrees immediately. I agree on a price of 65 million after negotiation with him for a bit, and Relendor puts it on the vendor. PRINCEGEORGEIV starts casting energy field randomly around my house....I still don't understand why....so I decided to boot him from the house and change the security access of my house so he can't get in. One less thing to worry about once things go down.

So, I wait about 90 seconds, and tell him that I attempted to purchase the web but don't have enough money....I asked if he minds putting it to 60 million and I'll grab the rest from my other characters. He agrees, and of course, it goes to his backpack:

*YOINK*

Following this, I boot him from the house, and it was done and over with....

Or so I thought....

PRINCEGEOGRGEIV is still waiting outside of my house...5 minutes passed and he was still there waiting for me to come out. So I said, what the hell and partied him to see what he wanted. I've enlarged the conversation so you can read it....and seriously, after 10+ years of playing this game....one of the funniest responses I've ever seen to date:

So, I clearly shouldn't be messing with PRINCEGEORGEIV anymore....

I wish I had the pictures to back this part up, but I don't think you will have a hard time believing me due to the actions that have already taken place:

To really put some salt on the wounds, I immediately recall to Luna and spam 'Selling very are 'Web' replica drop! Party me if interested.' Roughly two minutes later, PRINCEGEORGEIV sends me a party invite. I accept and see the following text:

PRINCEGEORGEIV: hey, I have oak leaf shroud and legendary detective boots
PRINCEGEORGEIV: i'll sell for 5 mil each
PRINCEGEORGEIV: but you have to take me to your house

After laughing at this response and the situation that just happened I thought to myself quickly: "If this guy is as stupid as he has been acting, I bet you one of those items are uninsured"

I asked him to put the items into secure trade; the boots were blessed, and of course, the oak leaf replica was uninsured. I quickly 'target' the item, and said the magic words:

Oblivion: Ok, i'll take you to my house

But for some reason, we never ended up at my house...For some reason, I ended up gating to Occlo (my favorite town in UO as a side note). I walk through real quick, activate steal macro, waited from him to go through the gate, activated last target macro:

*YOINK*

You successfully steal the item.

You disband the party.

I think he is still trying to figure out where he is and how to get off of Occlo island. Maybe he should ask his father; I mean he is the GM who created this game.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, I'll be here all week.

-Oblivion

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been an eventful day thus far....but i'm bitter. I missed an opportunity on getting a gladiator's collar....but oh well.

Atlantic: Phadrus Gant
Item Stolen: Crown of Tal'Keesh

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohmyGED, I think you should win theft of the month just for the hilarious story, lmao!

Kudos for the awesome story :D

S

Sweeney

"My dad's a GM"
"And he made the game"

lol, there's no way to beat this one.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much for all the responses, it's definitely a story for the books.

Now about closing this thread and locking it....not yet, i'm not done with this month. Besides, this is a good way to start off your night after a hard day at work:

Atlantic: tbear
Item Stolen: Swamp tile (replica drop)

Atlantic: Tasia
Item Stolen: Wall blood tile

You have to appreciate people that think it is "awesome" when you steal items from them:

I wonder if people are going to wonder why so many vendors are at my house....

Until my next steal.

-Oblivion

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must say, stealing after work has been working like a charm for me lately:

Atlantic: Eva Joe
Item Stolen: Orc Chieftan Helm (30% HCI version)

As with my other posts this month, I'm not sure which I find more impressive ---- the steal or the comments after the steal:

This is typical, i'm sure i'd be a bit upset as well considering.....but is this necessary?

I think he is probably still in the queue.....

-Oblivion

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And another....

Atlantic: ManslayerKenshine
Item Stolen: Rock (replica)

R

Robthemilt

I knew Prince George AND his father...keep it up he'll keep supplying you with stories. The kids probably 9 years old now. You get his father and he'll give you some laughs too

M

Melissa Rohan

I thought i was doing well with 2.8 points worth of Trans scrolls, from (W) guild doing Rikktor on Europa , but all those replicas! lol, well done!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew Prince George AND his father...keep it up he'll keep supplying you with stories. The kids probably 9 years old now. You get his father and he'll give you some laughs too
Let me guess, the father says HIS daddy is a GM? Or better yet, his wife, lol.

R

Robthemilt

I actually am not sure of exactly how it is/was, but his father is/was part of some team and involved with game development at some point. I havnt talked to them in a long time.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually am not sure of exactly how it is/was, but his father is/was part of some team and involved with game development at some point. I havnt talked to them in a long time.
Ah, well I'll be...so there was a grain of truth. Not that he would get any revenge for the theft, hehe.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thief: Sweeney
Shard: Siege Perilous
Victim: Claudio
Loot: Staff of Pyros
Proof: http://uothief.com/nonchad/nonchad_ep0148.html

Sweeney went undercover in an auction house and picked it clean off one of the patrons.

Thief: Chad Sexington
Victim: Megan Grace
Loot: Bag Full of Runic Maces
Proof: http://uothief.com/misadventures/ep218.html

(Mine was more of a murder/loot, but I had to improvise in the moment.)

This was during the Valentine's Day event. A tournament was being hosted by the biggest PvP guild on the shard, on an island in Tokuno only big enough for 2 houses. The night before I planted a boat on the southern end. I stalked the tournament for an hour and a half while missing some Fey Legs in the process. When it was dying down, I stealthed into the arena and snooped the home owner only to find runic maces weighing 14 stones each. (Too heavy.) I came back with a kryss, murdered her in front of the Event Moderator and three other people, looted the bag of 8 maces, hopped on my boat, and sailed off.

I even got mentioned in the official EM Valentine's Day Summery the day after.

:spider:

R

RedDaTeef

Hey guys look, if it wasn't an event I would of kept it of course. I felt bad afterward, as they were all virtue roses and some participant of the event wouldn't get thier deserved prize.
Coupled with the fact that he threatened to make it hard on thieves in the coming events and possible ban us. I felt I should sacrifice that rather then make it bad for everyone in the future. Plus to me it's just a copyed item of a common item with color hue, nothing great.
That's why I gave it back.

I got super lucky and just happened to be in the exact right spot to grab it. Instinct set in when I saw him moving the rose and musta grabbed it at the exactly right time. I had no intention of stealing the roses actually that day.
Put it in the theft of the month if you want, if not it don't bother me, I got plenty of TOTM I never posted.

A

Arch Magus

Hey guys look, if it wasn't an event I would of kept it of course. I felt bad afterward, as they were all virtue roses and some participant of the event wouldn't get thier deserved prize.
Coupled with the fact that he threatened to make it hard on thieves in the coming events and possible ban us. I felt I should sacrifice that rather then make it bad for everyone in the future. Plus to me it's just a copyed item of a common item with color hue, nothing great.

I got super lucky and just happened to be in the exact right spot to grab it. Instinct set in when I saw him moving the rose and musta grabbed it at the exactly right time. I had no intention of stealing the roses actually that day.
Put it in the theft of the month if you want, if not it don't bother me, I got plenty of TOTM I never posted.
*slaps hand*
Bad Teef! No! That's a bad Teef!

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, this was a nice steal after my lovely getaway with the woman for Valentine's Day weekend.

Atlantic: Georgian
Item Stolen: Greetings from EM SykoBri

Why so special? This means that I have STOLEN both of the Atlantic EM sashes....also have an extra one as well....*smiles*

Although....Georgian is still baffled:

Also, a decent mage weapon.....

Atlantic: Sir Iron
Item Stolen: Diamond Mace: SC(no neg)/Mage Weapon -20/SSI 30%/DI 50%

Until next time...

-Oblivion

A

Arch Magus

Nice mage weapon...

Congrats man, that's some hard core thieving you been up to.
And they say nothing can be stolen on production shards! HA!:hug:

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet again, I'm convinced I pull my best steals right when I come home from work....

Atlantic: A Chronic Worker
Item Stolen: Crossbow

50% Hit Velcotiy
38% Hit Stamina Leech
BALANCED
30% Swing Speed Increase
39% Damage Increase

Until next time....

-Oblivion

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This person threatened to ban all thieves in future?!?!
That is steer crap! Ban an entire template/skill class, because it displeases him. That is to much.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Life is funny....I just finished talking to the girl, about to head to bed, and said what the hell....let's take five more minutes to see what I can do.....

5 minutes turned into over an hour.....but I managed to get this:

Atlantic: Diego
Item Stolen: Inquisitor's Resolution

What a way to end the night. Time to sleep and have some sweet dreams. *smiles*

-Oblivion

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sheesh ohmyGED, I think I want to xfer to Atlantic now, lmao.
Viper....it gets better...

So to set the scene on the Inquisitor's Resolution steal: I also said I wanted an Armor of Fortune as well; which Diego agreed to sell along with Inquisitor's. After I stole the Inquisitor's, I obviously insured it and went off screen via stealth. I decided to stealth back and wait for him to take the Armor of Fortune of vendor so I can grab it once it hits his pack...waited about 15-20 minutes and it never came off the vendor...he just kept running around with a Greater Dragon trying to find me, but couldn't. Finally, Tiny Dancer (The Guildmistress of TDT -- Diego's guild and a well known guild of Atlantic) showed up, making a comment to me to give the Inquisitor's back....why comply with her demands? I decided to make an example of her before she could even finish her sentence:

Atlantic: Tiny Dancer
Item Stolen: Ring - Night Sight, 9% HCI, 11% DCI, FCR 2, 12% LRC

She was not very happy.

Needless to say, I had a very interesting conversation with Diego's alternate character CLOWN BOXER (note -- it was in Luna so I edited the non-relevant information):

As stated above...it's a word to the wise....

P.S -- for those who do not know, ohmyGED was my original thief way back when....sounds good especially in the situation:

ohmyGED you stole an Inquisitor's Resolution?!?

Has a nice ring to it.

I have to wake up in 5 hours to go to work....great....

Until later on today....

-Oblivion

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
simply amazing....:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Arch Magus, after last night I thought to myself "how could I really top that steal" it's pretty legit....

Atlantic: Quban Millie (ironically of TDT)
Item Stolen: Lieutenant of the Britannian Royal Guard (replica)

I can easily say that I've stolen over 70 million worth of goods from TDT in less than 24 hours...

You figure a guild would put an announcement out about me after what happened...silly people.

I continue to say that I pull my best steals after work....what a way to start off the night.

-Oblivion

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok...this is just ridiculous...

Atlantic: Napalm
Item Stolen: 45 Million Gold

Some people are probably scratching their head...."how did Oblivion manage to steal that much gold"

Very simple...I put the sash that I just stole less than an hour ago on a vendor...Napalm went to buy it.....he did.....and it disappeared.

That was the quickest 45 million I ever made.

-Oblivion

S

Shinobi

Ahhhh obliv...I'm going nuts right now lol. My computer's shot, I can't get on uo, and here you are stealing everything on atlantic. I guarantee you the second I get my damn computer working, that's your ass buddy lol. March = mine.

T

thamantii

dude.....that is the most insane thing i have ever heard...my thief is now getting more playtime thanks to you.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhhh obliv...I'm going nuts right now lol. My computer's shot, I can't get on uo, and here you are stealing everything on atlantic. I guarantee you the second I get my damn computer working, that's your ass buddy lol. March = mine.
Haha, sounds good to me. I have a feeling that I can live comfortably for a while after this past month. Imagine if TDT was smart enough to pay the thief tax when we encounter them.....could have saved alot of money.

Don't worry, I won't change my ways...just going to keep doing what I have been doing.....causing mayhem. Atlantic won't know what him 'em.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Added a description. No need to go to the link.

Thief: Chad Sexington
Victim: Megan Grace
Loot: Bag Full of Runic Maces
Proof: http://uothief.com/misadventures/ep218.html

(Mine was more of a murder/loot, but I had to improvise in the moment.)

This was during the Valentine's Day Event. A tournament was being hosted by the biggest PvP guild on the shard as part of the event, on an island in Tokuno only big enough for 2 houses. The night before I planted a boat on the southern end. I stalked the tournament for an hour and a half while missing some Fey Legs in the process. When it was dying down, I stealthed into the arena and snooped the home owner only to find runic maces weighing 14 stones each. (Too heavy.) I came back with a kryss, murdered her in front of the Event Moderator and three other people, looted the bag of 8 maces, hopped on my boat, and sailed off. The rest of the pvpers were busy chasing each other down while I made off with the loot.

I even got mentioned in the official EM Valentine's Day Summary the day after.

:fight:

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had to get one good steal in before I head out for the weekend.

Atlantic: Jarik Shrike
Item Stolen: Armor of Fortune

I had to say....some people may say whatever they want about how I steal items. They may not like it, and that's fine. But it is nice when you have people that don't take it so seriously and appreciate the art considering how it has mutated throughout the years of UO:

(Element is my Red as an FYI)

Alright, off for the weekend...talk to you Sunday.

-Oblivion

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well just got my best steal in a while here. God bless those heartwood scripters...
All I had to do was put a box on the exit portal to stop them from leaving, snoop em, and bam. A heartwood runic fletchers kit :D

Move the box and wait for them to come back and get something for me, hehe.

R

RedDaTeef

Oblivion, question for ya man. Why in all yer pics of you stealing are you standing inside yer house with no one near by? Is it that you scroll yer journal after yer in a safe spot?
Good job on those steals!:D

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oblivion, question for ya man. Why in all yer pics of you stealing are you standing inside yer house with no one near by? Is it that you scroll yer journal after yer in a safe spot?
Good job on those steals!:D
Thank you.

Most of them that I check have the victim in the screen shot. I do a majority of my steals at my house by luring them there for whatever reason. For some you may just have to look for him since I do not have the name highlighted.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another productive day and a good way to start off the week:

Atlantic: MackinMatt

Atlantic: Arnie
Item Stolen: Twinkling Scimitar
MW -21
FC1
Hit Fireball 50%
DCI 20%
DI 40%
UBWS

This was going to be a steal...didn't work out in my favor so I saw an opportunity:

Atlantic: Yakmil
Loot: Most Knowledge Person Person (replica) +3 HP

Ahhh.....sweet success.

-Oblivion

S

Shinobi

Another productive day and a good way to start off the week:

Atlantic: MackinMatt

Atlantic: Arnie
Item Stolen: Twinkling Scimitar
MW -21
FC1
Hit Fireball 50%
DCI 20%
DI 40%
UBWS

This was going to be a steal...didn't work out in my favor so I saw an opportunity:

Atlantic: Yakmil
Loot: Most Knowledge Person Person (replica) +3 HP

Ahhh.....sweet success.

-Oblivion
Youuuuuu *******. I'm going to destroy you when my computer's fixed lol.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might as well start collecting these things:

Atlantic: Ronfar

Ahhh...so sweet.

-Oblivion

S

Sweeney

Victim: Palvarik
Item: Legendary Detective of the Royal Guard (Replica)
Proof: http://uothief.com/nonchad/nonchad_ep0158.html

I was amusing myself with a local miner when Palvarik ran into the mine acting like a tough guy, casting fire fields to try to find me. I grabbed his boots had some more fun.