• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Zoo needs your help

G

I noticed yesterday when I was donating some ki-rins that the tier level has dropped to 8. We were at level 11 and had a full stock of animals. The zoo is starting to look shabby again. If you can take a few minutes to donate something, anything please do. We need to get back our steed and keep the other animals from leaving us.

G

If your a tamer you can bring your tamed pat to the Moonglow Zoo entrance. There is a purplish box on a stand right at the entrance. Just use your pet's menu for transfer and click on the box. The pet will be donated to the zoo and you will get some points. To find out how many and what else you can donate click on the box and it will bring up a scroll. You can get some neat items this way plus the zoo gets a boost.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

So I tame.. a white wyrm and then I donate it... for 400 points.

To get the first reward I need 100.000 points.

Considering I can tame a white wyrm in 3 minutes plus the gates... (tested it right now)

Considering 100.000 divided by 400 equals 250.

It will take me 250 times 3 minutes to reach the 100.000 points...

Divided by 60... 12,5 hours... for one reward.

Who created the Zoo System? Does he/she plays UO?

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Considering I can tame a white wyrm in 3 minutes plus the gates... (tested it right now)

[/ QUOTE ] Its just as bad with the gold/point ratio of 15:1

G

Players wanted a gold sink. This is one of them. The library is another. same type points system only good for wood resources. Somehow the conservatory got left out of all this.

G

I'll make an effort to take for at 30mins each day and donate to the zoo. I'd say more than that, but I'm sure the kids will never allow me more time.

G

For more information about how the zoo works I suggest you look here. A group of people gather every Sunday morning at 10am eastern time at the zoo to help new tamers and discuss ways of supporting and promoting the zoo. It's not for everyone and it often leads to burnout, but many enjoy what is prehaps the most difficult quest in all of UO......maintaining a full zoo.

L

Lord Franklin

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree that the point values, especially for the high end critters, should be higher.

As long as we're stuck with this system, though, here's how I look at it. If you go to Doom for 12.5 hours and get some artifacts and sell them for 1.5 million and donate the gold, there's your 100k Zoo points. Fill in your favorite (fun) way of making money, but if you can average more than 120k gold an hour over a 12.5 hour span and really want a Zoo prize, don't tame... donate the gold. If you pull a great artifact in the first couple hours, and decide to sell it and donate the gold, you could score half a million Zoo points or more in a fraction of the time it would have taken you to tame your way there.

A lot of the people that win gold prizes in the Zoo taming contests turn right around and donate the gold to the Zoo, earning them even more points. That's something to keep an eye out for. I've been asked to be a judge at a few of these contests and have been quite impressed by the number of animals some people can bring in!

If you're set on taming, I get slightly better results when my "sister" tames unicorns in Malas... probably 10k Zoo points an hour. No gating needed, just hop on the unicorn and recall to the Zoo. I'd assume the same would be true for ki-rins, assuming you have positive karma anyway.

Peaceful Journeys,
Lord Franklin

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Good job... I dont understand one thing.

Being a faction tamer... any advantage?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason I'm in a faction to be honest...is in my mind the goal of any tamer is to "master" all the creatures of Sosaria. You can't ride a faction horse if your not in a faction.

Hope that clears that up.

I

imported_mtman

You can tame drakes for zoo also....lot easier then w/w and 400 points to..zoo system is slow gaining but in 6 to 7 weeks just taming drakes and donating any gold i made on any character to zoo ive gained nicely...just got to keep at it till u get bored which im starting to get...maybe time to slow up some for me