The Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt is coming today on Feb. 19th, 5PM EST (please read there are upd

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

The Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt is coming! Overview: Held at the Yew Waterfalls garden, the Scavenger Hunt will be held on each shard. Come join the fun, hang out with your friends, and maybe win a prize!

For those not aware this event went live two days ago on Ociana and already today on Europa and they used the same list on both shards so people decided it would be uberleet to get the list of said items prior to the event and then turn them in the second the event started and ruined the whole event for the people that did not have this masterful plan in place (meaning homesharders that didnt do it on a prevouse shard or had some inside info).

{The following is a quote from the UO Associate Game Designer ChrissayEAMythic

I have read through the feedback on the boards regarding the event. So I have actually made 2 modifications to the event itself.

1. Players can only win on 1 account period. So if you won on Europa you can’t win on any other shard.
2. I will wait 15 minutes before placing the submission chest. So that if players retrieved a list and are sitting their waiting with the items in hand they will not have an advantage.

In light of these changes to improve the event to make it fair for everyone I will be running this event again Thursday 21st (europa only) at the same time. This is the only time I will be able to rerun the event due to the changes.

I also want to include there are multiple lists. So I will be rotating those more frequently.

Chrissay }

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
<font color="#666666">*summons best Martha voice* </font>
<font color="purple">

it's a good thing </font>

G

So ... how did it go?

( I'm about an hour late ... there are still people about but they don't appear very talkative )

(edit: and no glorious ladies to hand out valentines to)

G

Congrats to the winners..... Especially Pariah from our alliance.

I hope the winners were from Legends, but sadly I fear that most went to off worlders.
It was a fun event, it was good to see everyone.

I

imported_blesh

<blockquote><hr>

So ... how did it go?

( I'm about an hour late ... there are still people about but they don't appear very talkative )

(edit: and no glorious ladies to hand out valentines to)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a glorious lady, And I would love a valentine from the glorious lord Maplestone

G

*logs back in*

*gazes into the waterfall from the bridge*
(aka reading stratics while keeping an ear open for footfalls in the background)

Should a glorious lady happen by, I would certainly feel obliged to offer her a token of appreciation for her good deeds ... er card ... card, not token.

G

I wasnt entirely happy with it, but hey, im glad they actually DID something though.

G

Not to be critical, but I guess I have a different idea about what a scavenger hunt should be. A list with five easy items, what the hell; the list on Atlantic did not even change from the one that was used on Origin last week. I will try and invite the EA folks to my equinox scavenger hunt so they can get a feel for how you can create drama with such an event.

G

Has this mechanic been used by the devs in past events? Could it have simply been a test of something that might be in development to help people who want to run scavenger hunts?

M

Maximinus Thrax

Am I seeing things, or do you have two pointer finger thingies in that photo?

I

imported_blesh

max hunny, thats two screenshots put together. there are two of everything in there...

silly goose :p