The Ultima Online addiction is gnawing at me.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

SwordBlaze

I stopped playing a few years ago. And now the game wants me to play again. LoL I decided to register here, who knows how long I'll play this time. Maybe a few months or longer since a new expansion seems to be on the horizon. Anyway what's up Catskills!

S

SwordBlaze

Hmm doesn't seem like a happy response lol is UO going downhill still or something? I mean I like it but back when I stopped there weren't many new people.

D

DPudding

I was gone for about ten months...came back....left again...then came back this week. There are a few things going on. Town invasions that give decent items for not a lot of effort. Ilsh and Fel spawns drop really nice replicas. Tuesday night usually means a hunt of some sort somewhere. And the EM's are back. Had a nice event Friday night and Sunday evening.

S

SwordBlaze

Hmm sounds awesome actually lol. What type of replicas at champ spawns? I was always in favor of having tram/ilsh/tok/mondain champs drop something if not PS's.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 16, 2005
Ohio
You will have to excuse Mirage he spends most of his time bank sitting.. Come to think of it..I thought he moved to another shard to banksit?

Really there is tons going on right now on Catskills. Tuesday night is the Zoo Spawn Night, its a event where a large party gathers and goes and does a different spawn each week to help Both the Fel and Tram Zoo.

Mythic recently restarted the EM program (Think along the lines of the Seers from years ago) and they have ran a few events. Oh most of the Royal council left to rule in Lord Brits absence were killed and the only surviving member has seized the throne (Lord Casca)... Ok maybe seized was to strong of a word. A new council that no one has ever seen appointed him as our new King.

The Shadowlords have been having forces invading cities in Trammel so some places you recall into might not be to safe. Oh many people are doing champion spawns now hoping to have relics drop into their backpacks when they complete it.

I think I covered the major things.. so anyway.. welcome back and if you need anything just give a yell here and I am sure someone will help you.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
May 17, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Welcome back. :) I won't repeat what Vallend said cause he covered it all pretty well. Except, I'll echo, if you need anything, give us a shout.

S

SwordBlaze

Sounds fun. And yes if I need help I know where to go thanks!

D

DPudding

If I may add? The Spawns are infuriating. I have sworn off them. I could farm stuff and buy the things I want easier than trying to get a drop.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
Welcome back! I, too, have re-joined the UO community in December 2007 after a long break. And I don't plan to leave again. It rather seems UO is going uphill with the current dev team.

Anyway, you'll have a lot of fun with the Catskills community. See you soon, landlubber!

C

Corvak

I just came back last month after six years :)

Met a whole bunch of people that helped be get used to all the changes.

-Luna is the new West Brit.
-Magincia is a smoking hole in the ground, crawling with ghosts. (and you can't escape via the moongate).

GRI\SnR Alliance - large group of tram guilds that run spawns and help out new players. We usually hang around in New Haven. Mostly OOC.

UP - United Pirates - A pirate RP guild. If you have any interest in RPing a pirate, join up with this crew :) Arr! Referred to as 'bloody pirates' by the PGoH. Led by their captain Hawkeye Pike.

PGoH - Purple Guardians of Honor - Another RP guild. They live outside of Trinsic, in their player town, Olympus. Lord British gave them some sort of control over the city of Trinsic before he disappeared. Reffered to as 'dem landlubbers' by the UP. I'm not a member, but have met a few of them through my UP character. They're a good bunch as well.

Mentioning Fel guilds will just start a rant, so I won't.

M

Moreeg

Welcome back!
Im back as of about three months ago after leaving in 2003... there are way less people around than there used to be, but its still the same game and still as fun as it ever was.

Hmm doesn't seem like a happy response lol is UO going downhill still or something?
On this subject, I'll say what I said to the last person who returned and wondered that... Outside of the Catskills board, there is a large contingent of people who seem to have nothing better to do than pancake and moan and fortell the end of UO. I was told by someone at one point that some of these people (they are regular posters in UHall), dont even have active game accounts, and basically just come here to troll. Dont let it get you down, dont get involved, and just have fun.

Catskills is STILL the best server in the game, with the best and friendliest people. I, for one, feel like the expansion is a move in the right direction and am holding out hope for UO!!!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
On Canada
If I may add? The Spawns are infuriating. I have sworn off them. I could farm stuff and buy the things I want easier than trying to get a drop.
ya they can be...but they are still fun!

You haven't quit them Delbert....we will drag you back out doing them.

Buying isn't as much fun as dying beside friends!

:)

Sometimes the spawn dies in a nice peaceful manner and you think you have it all figured out....Next time lvl 3 pops and surrounds you with 3 paragons.

Some nights I laugh...other nights I curse...but I always come back!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
Ignore Mirage, I think he might be confusing UO with some other game he plays, because there is a lot going on. Honestly, I don't remember a time in my entire UO career that there was this much going on. If you're planning a return, now is the time. Offical events have been running almost non stop for a few months now, there seems to be an abundance of player run events going on these days, as well as weekly group hunts and spawns. UO is far from dead, in fact I think it's past it's low point and heading back upwards again.

And like everyone else said, if you need help, don't hesitate to ask. As well as being as busy as ever, the people of Catskills are also just as friendly and helpful as ever.

C

Corvak

If you want to enjoy the game, do yourself a favor, and stay the heck away from UHall. Seems to be full of cynical types who only see the negative in everything.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
On Canada
If you want to enjoy the game, do yourself a favor, and stay the heck away from UHall. Seems to be full of cynical types who only see the negative in everything.
Agreed!

Corvak I never heard from you last night...did you get the quest done?

or Should I look for you tonight around dinner time?

C

Corvak

Oh, sorry TW...I don't think i'm gonna be able to make it :(

RL rears it's ugly head again...

S

SwordBlaze

Yes I do remember Uhall being a bunch of whining and complaining and such. I don't plan on getting into arguments anyway lol there at least.

As for pvp guilds in fel I have a few quick questions...

Is it DB4? SX? I think those were two major guilds that ran the fel spawns. I don't want anyones opinion on the fel guilds...i know that will cause my thread to get locked LOL I just want to know which are the main ones? I haven't actually reactivated my account, I am waiting for my awesome teaching salary pay check LOL which is why I haven't checked myself.

C

Corvak

CONG does spawns in fel.

Talking about em usually leads down the path to locked threads, however. Some members of the community don't like them much, and are rather vocal about it.