• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) The Trade and Commerce Commission

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*a letter from the Regional President of the Trade and Commerce Commission for the city of Minoc*

Dear citizens,

We call upon you to assist your cities in a very special way. We are recruiting merchants that deal in trade to step up and lead a Commission for their respective cities.

The TCC aims at helping our cities by recruiting merchants that are willing to commit to working the city trade deals in order to raise money for the city treasury.

Any interested parties should send word via pigeon carrier at post #628-135-323.

Sincerely,

Ariana Erikkson
Regional President,
Trade and Commerce Commission of Minoc

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some OOC stuff, guys:

What I am trying to do is get a few folks (minimum of 5) to commit to running 20 city trade quests per week for their respective cities. 5x20 is 100... times 10,000 gold, that's 1,000,000 gold raised per week for our stones. If we get 10 people to commit to doing it that's the 2,000,000 gold we need to effectively keep our trade deals up. The "Regional President" for each city can coordinate with you guys and either create a day/time you all do it together or just keep up with how much is getting done. I could see this be someone that likes to RP, even a little bit. Figure out who you want that to be for your cities and let me know. But PvP'ers... PvE'ers... RP'ers... you are ALL welcomed to sign up and be one of the folks that commits to 20 trade deals per week! That way we can ALL, regardless of what we enjoy most in game, help to fund our city buffs.

I have Minoc covered (I always have!) and I am doing my 20 per week. If there are other Minoceans that want to join me in doing this, please let me know! If you want to expand a bit and try to be the Regional President for your town, also let me know! PM me or ICQ me!

(UPDATES: Keeping a list of folks running trades and on which characters they are. TCC or not.)

Minoc
- Ariana Erikkson (TCC, Minoc)
- Inkboy the Wild
- Claudia Drusilla

Vesper
- MareJadeSky
- Nyre Lars
- Claudia Drusilla
- Sean Dillon

Skara Brae
- Gillian Wilkins Gryphon
- Gaylen Wilkins

Yew

Trinsic
- Thom/Cedric

Britain
- Jade Spy
- Malcom Carlysle
- Q T Pie

Moonglow
- Va'lis Razele
- Kelton Jorvin
- Slayer of Bunnys

Jhelom
- Gaylen Wilkins

Umbra (RP Only)
- Ashley O'Connor (TCC, Umbra)

~ Sue.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would be willing to cover Britain if there is no other interest. I do enjoy doing the trades as it is.
Thank you citizen! Your hard work does not go unnoticed by the Governor!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The governor of Yew will not take kindly to any interference from the outside. Dead people are not allowed to do business in Yew.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The governor of Yew will not take kindly to any interference from the outside. Dead people are not allowed to do business in Yew.
You cannot dictate who can and cannot participate with my character Ariana Erikkson, who is NOT undead, quite obviously. So deal with it!

~ Sue.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot dictate who can and cannot participate with my character Ariana Erikkson, who is NOT undead, quite obviously. So deal with it!

~ Sue.
No, but as the Governor of Yew I can state what will be recognized by the ruling council of Yew. All legal trade deals will come through the office of the Governor.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
What is this? Are there ghosts? I fear a story I once heard around this time of year involving ghosts... I think I may visit a Priest of Mondain for some not-so-holy water!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Official Notice from the Office of the Governor Of Yew posted on Boards, Buildings and Trees throughout the area)

I am seeking to employ those individuals who would like to assist Yew with her trade deals with other cities. Those seeking to fulfill positions within the Greater Yew Ministry of Trade should drop off a letter stating their qualifications at the home of the Governor of Yew. My home is located within the Village of Aegis and next door to the Knights Rest.

Although no previous experience in politics are required, I am seeking those with a strong background in merchandising and sales.

Bears Need Not Apply

Aedon Durreah,
Governor of Yew.

(ooc-also looking for someone to tell me how such trade deals work and where they are picked up)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what you're looking to do is exclude Bianca on her human character from doing anything she wants to do with Yew citizens?

News flash... The TCC has existed for over a year and there are already people associated with several cities that participate, so.... Can't stop us from continuing our RP with those people.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure what's happening here. As long as we aren't forming cliques and being exclusive to anyone (reminiscent Catskills Circa 1998-2008) I would be happy to offer my services to all cities in need!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm confused too. I thought the undead girl was being played by someone else. I also thought Biancca had quit. Guess I've been out of it too long, but thank you for including Britain.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what you're looking to do is exclude Bianca on her human character from doing anything she wants to do with Yew citizens?

News flash... The TCC has existed for over a year and there are already people associated with several cities that participate, so.... Can't stop us from continuing our RP with those people.
Pandy, you should know better than this. I do welcome any and all interaction with those who wish to RP with me and mine in Yew. My crack about undead not being allowed to do business in Yew was a joke. Laugh and move on. But as you well know the Governor of the areas of the land must be taken into account in any trade deals or official functions of the towns they govern. You cannot do an end run around the powers that be.

Bianca I have not said so yet but it is good to see you back in UO, I hope you stay around for a bit. I can see many interesting scenarios crop up surrounding trade.

Zuckuss, The City of Yew will gladly accept your aid in out trade endeavors.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure what's happening here. As long as we aren't forming cliques and being exclusive to anyone (reminiscent Catskills Circa 1998-2008) I would be happy to offer my services to all cities in need!
Hey....I remember that period well I worked damn hard to exclude people like you Zuck throughout the early part of this century? Dang GRI white trash! I Remember the crowds chanting ( ok maybe it was just me) death to GRI!

Luna RBG

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I run trade orders for the city of Minoc, overland mostly, and I fight the ambushers to make the orders worth more to the city. My record at the moment is approximately 160k for one trade order. I almost never deliver an order worth less than 100k.

End runs around Governors? What's a Governor? Never heard of them.

*chuckles*

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
wow How do you get it so high Luna RBG are they worth more the more you do?
Each ambush mob is worth 7,500 points. When I run trade orders, I run around until I about 140k points per trip. It can take a while, but well worth it if you are farming Town Rep.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you citizen! Your hard work does not go unnoticed by the Governor!
I am always happy to serve. Let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually run 1-5 per day for Vesper but I could extend this to other cities who may need help.

I like the idea of an official Commission Board for RP purposes.

Thank you for spearheading this.
Noble, on which characters do you run them for Vesper?

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run trade orders for the city of Minoc, overland mostly, and I fight the ambushers to make the orders worth more to the city. My record at the moment is approximately 160k for one trade order. I almost never deliver an order worth less than 100k.

End runs around Governors? What's a Governor? Never heard of them.

*chuckles*
On what character do you run the trades on for Minoc?

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each ambush mob is worth 7,500 points. When I run trade orders, I run around until I about 140k points per trip. It can take a while, but well worth it if you are farming Town Rep.
Dag, which character and what city to do you run the trades for?

~ Sue.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Mirt uses Lord Malcom Carlysle for Britain. Gaylen Wilkins, Gillian's Brother, also does Trade runs for Skara and Jhelom.. Since he takes part in a shipping business.. you'll find in multiple cities, those are the bases though.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run them for most cities on Cedric since Trinsic's stone is well off from the trade deal auctions.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I take one from Moonglow. I take one from the city that trade run takes me, etc etc

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mirt uses Lord Malcom Carlysle for Britain. Gaylen Wilkins, Gillian's Brother, also does Trade runs for Skara and Jhelom.. Since he takes part in a shipping business.. you'll find in multiple cities, those are the bases though.
Exactly as the fine Governor Gillian said I use Malcom Carlysle.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will try to get back in the habit of doing a couple a day. I had been a few each week with the following characters:
Moonglow - Slayer of Bunnys
Vesper - Sean Dillon
Britain - Q T Pie
If a particular city is in need of assistance, let me know.

Last edited:

Jacuyl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think I shall look the other way in regards to your Umbra trading, as an avid purchaser of less scrupulous wares... OOC I've been doing Britain trades and amusing myself. My other character, Mal , does Moonglow trades IC.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ha!

Well considering that it's realiy all about that bottom line for the Romanus family, which seems to confuse the heck out of Jacyul I think, we just might import some questionable items to sell to you. If you ask. I mean we are from another world.

*smiles wickedly*