• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The tale of the 4 year ggs

ShadowSpinner (Europa)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi all

So I decided to jump back into UO after 4 years off and straight back to my fav char my tamer; I've kept up on my subs so my house and everything is still there god knows what's in all the boxes though! Lol

After having a look at the macros I thought Ooo let's go and tame a bull! Surly I'm due a ggs it's been 4 years, so fumbling through my rune books I finally find the rune and zip I'm there, 10 bulls later no luck

Hmm u thought I have 120 lore and about 113 taming maybe I'm to good for bulls so where should I go next? Hmm I remember those cute doggies, oh and yes I have a rune! Cool

Got a bit lost in the cave but finally figured my way though, approach the dogs a dire wolf came at me! no worries what's my macro for peace ahh yeah that was easy! Hehe

But hang on what's that weird thing running at me? Omg there are two! And ones a paragon, damn I can't move! Eeek! 2 mins back and I'm going to die already! Lol ruuuun! I need to relearn my macros obviously! Lol

Ok what can I tame that's not going to kill me *looks on web* ridges I remember them! Hmm maybe not just yet! Ahh unicorns! Cool that should be easy and should work.....

So 1 hours passes, god knows how many unicorns and lots if nice zoo points but nope still no ggs! Lol

I'm glad to see nothing changes, I do love this game so much but 4 years and 1 hour and still No ggs is a little bit tight! Lol :)

Ill spend a few more hours today see if my luck changes hehe

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly, welcome back!

Second... just to double check, do you have enough free skill points or a skill set to lower so your taming can increase? And is your taming set to go up too, just in case you might have locked it when you were playing previously? It's worth double checking everything to be sure - I don't think there's a tamer who hasn't accidentally locked a skill or run out of skill points lol.

Otherwise you should be able to get a GGS by now, sounds like you've had a really serious return adventure just to get one hehehe! Maybe your char has just forgotten about this whole taming thing and needs a refresher course. If you're still stuck in another 24 hours then I'd be tempted to call a GM and see if your character can get a boot up the backside :D

You could also try raising another skill up by a point and see if other gains are working for you, or if it's just the taming. But I hope after server up the game realises how long it's been since your last gain and gives you a break.

Wenchy

ShadowSpinner (Europa)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Wenchy,

Thanks for the advice, i actually spent about 2 hours today setting up the macros and stuff in the new client

after which thinking i new what i was doing i went to destard to kill a geater dragon with my CU... seems i have forgotton more than i would like to admit becaiuse i died 3 times! LMAO oh dear.... lol

anyway after that i was taming unis and actually went up by 0.4! LOL... i dont remember being so lucky for a long time! lol

so im happy now :) just need some more practice now lol :)

Cheers

Shadow

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, it's really all in making sure you're taming the correct critter to gain...