• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Sons of the Sea 2010 Angling Tournament

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2010 Angling Tournament

Achievements will be recognized for accomplishment in the following areas:

Vessel Achievements

Most Fish
Most Big Fish

Individual Angling Achievements

Most Fish
Most Big Fish
Heaviest Big Fish

Registration for the 2010 season will open on 4/15/2010 and close on 9/6/2010 . Meet at the Sons of the Sea Guild in Trinsic at 6pm ET for registration. Vessels may begin fishing as soon as registration is complete. Registration books are available from the Sons of the Sea guild (EM RPCs) and must be returned to them upon completion.

Registration will be open for the entire duration of the Angling Tournament. You may participate in any hosted fishing events, you do not need to register on day one, but realize the longer you are in it, the more fish you will catch!

Vessel and Crew Regulations
One vessel (one boat) may have up to 5 crew, with one crew member acting as "captain" of the ship. The Captain of the ship holds all naming rights to a vessel. Townships are encouraged to sponsor crews in this tournament, but you do not have to be a citizen of a township to participate!

Weigh Ins
Weigh-ins will occur only during fishing events hosted by the Sons of the Sea. Only those fish caught during the tournament window (tournament window is generally a four to six hour period) are eligible for enter.
Only Big Fish bearing the name of the angler who landed said fish will qualify as big fish. Otherwise they will be counted as normal fish.

These rules may be amended as necessary to account for changes in the event dynamic, as deemed fit by the Sons of the Sea Guildmaster.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Shiver me Timbers! Need me fishin Pole! *Pulls out EM Vladimere crafted Fishing Pole* Best be no hornswaggle ou' there!

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, this is an EM event. The Sons of the Sea is the RP backdrop I use for the event.

L

Luna Rossa

Could I get some clarification on the rules please?

I had been fishing and have been waiting for someone to come for a count. I was told that all I needed to do was to go into the EM Fishing channel and say I needed a count and someone would come. No one has come yet and Grace O'Malley can not move off her boat as her pack is full.

Please let me know do we store up these fish? is it only fish caught during a specific time?

Thank you for now.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it is only fish caught during the specified tournament times.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tournament times will first be announced at weekly HoC meetings. You may also visit rumple to hear the latest news. He sits on a rock in the Hall of Commons garden. Various news outlets as well as the EM boards can also be referenced for the times.

A

A Stoned Mariner

How many fishing trips have already taken place for this tourny?

I am in the process of transferring to Chessy and would love to get involved on the 24th. Just curious if I am already too far behind to crack the top anglers list since I missed X amount of fishing trips already...

BTW...this is one of the coolest EM events I've ever heard of.

A Stoned Mariner
Seafarmers Collegium of Britannia [SCB]