• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Skull Totems (spoiler)

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****************************************Spoiler************************************************
******************************************Space.**********************************************

Okay, so me and about 4 others poured roughly 9 venom sacs onto one in Tram Brit cementary, I'm curious if anybody knows how many it takes to destroy one and what happens when you do... does the invasion stop for that GY? You get the venom sacs to destroy the totems off of Sacarii.

R

Radun

that was the conclusion i drew when i did that exact thing and it said something about the venom making the totem further decay...... or something
my guess is it stops the spawn.. just a hunch

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that was the conclusion i drew when i did that exact thing and it said something about the venom making the totem further decay...... or something
my guess is it stops the spawn.. just a hunch
yess please try it and let me know how many it takes! some of us on chessy have done it to moonglows cemetary (12 so far) and it hasnt destroyed. we plan to destroy all the trammel totems and have halloween in fell :thumbsup:

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yess please try it and let me know how many it takes! some of us on chessy have done it to moonglows cemetary (12 so far) and it hasnt destroyed. we plan to destroy all the trammel totems and have halloween in fell :thumbsup:
That was our plan too.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno about petrify; but I was just wondering how many; not what to do. I know the latter answer :mf_prop:

Besides; if people go to fell; they might as well join factions and get those uber cool arties!! And have lots to do!!

On a real note; if people destory them; the items that are/were dropped will be worth a ton more than if it goes on for weeks/months. :thumbup1:

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno about petrify; but I was just wondering how many; not what to do. I know the latter answer :mf_prop:

Besides; if people go to fell; they might as well join factions and get those uber cool arties!! And have lots to do!!

On a real note; if people destory them; the items that are/were dropped will be worth a ton more than if it goes on for weeks/months. :thumbup1:
So... what happens?

S

Strawberry

I think the skull totems should be refreshed. Players shouldn't be forced to become the unwilling victims of PKs just because they weren't in the first wave of quest participants.

The bright side is if Feluccans make this event miserable for others once there are no more totems in Trammel, it'll reduce the chance of Felucca-ruleset zones in S.A.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... what happens?
Whatcha means what happens? The totem disappears&the spawn stops. So instead of it ending November 17th; it ends when the totem is gone =]

I think the skull totems should be refreshed. Players shouldn't be forced to become the unwilling victims of PKs just because they weren't in the first wave of quest participants.

The bright side is if Feluccans make this event miserable for others once there are no more totems in Trammel, it'll reduce the chance of Felucca-ruleset zones in S.A.
They made it this way for a reason, I assume. Its a community thing, just like the factions. What happens in Fel; makes something happen in tram. So if the tram totems are gone; you arent forced to fell. If you WANT to go and try to get the items; thats your decision, right?

On a side note; if more people were fighting/pvping or more action was going on in felucca elsewhere; we wouldnt waste our time destorying things in tram so you will COME to fell in the first place; right?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

lol, "it won't be fair if I have to go to fel"

They won't be forced to become my victim - they have a choice. They could just not kill the GY spawn :)

L

laurlo

I don't quite think that's a positive thing..more impartial..

S

Strawberry

All players should have a chance at the Halloween rewards without having to go to Felucca.

I go to my houses in Fel to water my plants, that's the extent of my involvement with that facet. I'm running all my characters through the lich portion today to ensure that. Players have voted with their feet and most reject the Felucca-ruleset. I hope the totems are refreshed. However, if they're not, I hope this quest makes clear to the dev team why Felucca is hated or ignored by the majority of players.

5% Luck

If it wasnt for tram people would have more respect while hunting in a fel rule set event!

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where do I preorder the Urban Expansion for UO I need spinners for my mount.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nah, the bright side is that there actually IS a Fel side spawn and not just the Tram one which is camped silly. Trust me, there have been plenty of instances where that hasn't been the case and you wouldn't have had that option. And you'd have had all the visiting Fel players to compete with too :)

A bit of PKing happens at every event spawn in Fel, but in all honesty can be easily avoided if you go at off peak times. Either way, whatever happens won't change the SA Fel areas - PKing isn't a new thing in Fel, and if anything the PKs have seemed more pleasant over recent events than they were in the past.

With all the factions changes, it's quite likely that players will be focused on those for at least a little while, so you might want to get over to Fel and take advantage while you can. I'd try Jhelom if that's on the list, that's where I'll be headed at least.

Wenchy

T

Tycolby

What can be destroyed in Tram can also be destroyed in Fel and I dont have fears of Wandering around in Fel carrying enough vemon sacs to destroy them Totems. Cant have enough ppl to guard everything in Fel.
:sad3:

M

Mr Moosestache

We (Chesapeake) for the most part will PK you, rez you and be on our way. Hell, sometimes I just get bored and help you kill monsters because frankly, the population in Fel is lacking. The friendlier I am, the more people come.

Problem with your outlook Strawberry is; a good majority of Tram players, given they could get away with it, would grief,PK, and do anythign in their power to be complete tools, in Fel, JUST LIKE THEY DO IN TRAM. Problem they have is if they try to act that way in OUR facet, they get put down (Trust me we have them, they stay in their houses or GZ for the most part). It's called policing our facet, something that can't be done in Fel.

In my eyes, people have the complete wrong idea of Fel. Seems to me you would rather just see the entire Fel side removed. Taking away the reason to PvP for anyone. Which in turn would bring a TON of inner guild killings. I understand though, you just don't understand the in game ideals of long time Fel players.

Lox, check your PM.

S

Strawberry

Problem with your outlook Strawberry is; a good majority of Tram players, given they could get away with it, would grief,PK, and do anythign in their power to be complete tools, in Fel, JUST LIKE THEY DO IN TRAM... Seems to me you would rather just see the entire Fel side removed
No, a majority of Trammel players are not like that. If they were, they'd play in Felucca. Your error is in extrapolating from yourself and the sort of people you hang out with.

I don't want to see Felucca removed. I have five houses there and sentimental memories of some of the landmarks and of Ocllo. I also don't want Fel to get the Tram ruleset, because I think as it currently is it draws away many of the people I'd prefer not to see in Tram and Ilsh.

However, I don't want those of us who prefer the Trammel-ruleset to ever be forced to play in Felucca just to get a holiday item. Fel has the skill and stat scrolls, double resources and fame, and Khaldun (usually), that's quite sufficient. Some players can't play at all during the workweek, I'd hate to see them forced to become victims in Felucca just because they couldn't login during the first few days of this other excellent quest.

W

wrekognize

My thought on it was that once destroyed it would be lootable. Then another would spawn. Event continues

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
got that talisman off the first skele lich i killed, sold it for 15 mil, killed about 50 since then and got nothing.... why the hell did they make it so hard to drop

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
such a funny post this is. here i was hunting skelly liches all night long in fel since all the tram graveyards are all occupied me and one buddie do them in fel takes a coupple min to kill, archer and tamer we do allright not gotten as many tali's as we would have liked but we managed so far and the truth is about 7 hours of game play there with a total of ummm... zero pk's bothering us. just not enough ppl on the smaller shards to be worried and the ones there are are all sad at pvp, must have all come to a smaller pond so to speak.

Shoot the notorious pvprs on my shard were all doing it in tram anyhow was funny stuff.

this event is cool i enjoy it.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
got that talisman off the first skele lich i killed, sold it for 15 mil, killed about 50 since then and got nothing.... why the hell did they make it so hard to drop
Because it is a better version of the 12 million gold one found in the Britain Library Collection. If they make it drop too often then all those will become useless.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So has anyone actually destroyed one on test or normal shards, or is it all speculation?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i must have killed 50 of them yesterday i didnt get anything
ehh.. guess im just not lucky :(