• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The search for answers

Caine Family

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The sun was well overhead when Melody closed the files she was working with. She rubbed her tired eyes, and stretched her arms over her head. It has been a very long night, but she felt confident she had a handle on all of the various tasks Thea had sent the Guard out to do.

“Melody, you have to take over as Captain.” Mason had said.

Although Melody was upset when her father had made Thea Captain over her, she never wanted the position like this.

Ghosts of the previous evening whispered in her head.

“The Captain was manning one of the cannons when the Orcs attacked. The second ship broadsided us, and she fell overboard before I could grab her.” Arkon had said.

Depending on the tides, the Caines were told she could have washed up on either Moonglow, Jhelom or Nujel’m coasts. Mason, Oswald and Melody each took a town to keep watching for Thea, however, Melody knew she would travel to each of those towns as well as others in the area to check herself.

“Captain!” Melody blinked and looked up at the guard standing in front of the desk.

“I just wanted to report that the shift has changed and all is well.”

Melody nodded to the young man. “Thank you, go home to your family.”

The man turned, then turned back. “If you will excuse me, Captain. You have been here all night. You should go home and get some sleep.”

Sleep…

Would she be able to sleep when her sister was out there someplace?

Before Arkon left the tavern, she had warned him to keep looking for Thea. She knew by the dangerous look in his eyes, he didn’t like her giving him orders of any kind.
After a final look around, she closed and locked the door.

She was tired, but she needed to head to the coast to search for her sister.

Melody Caine,
Acting Captain,
Covian Guard