• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Right Laptop?

B

Banner

OK what laptops are you people using to play SA if any? I travel all over the country and can not use a desktop computer. And the Toshiba laptop that I am using will not support the graphics. It is really choppy..I tried it, but do not want to spend the money for the upgrade and not be able to play it. I do like the 2d side and using UOAssist, but I also want to have the option to take the new stuff or leave it.. So I am thinking to replace it with a laptop that will work, if there is one out there? So to keep from buying one that will not work I am coming to you folks to find out what those of you out there are using?? I don't want a computer that you can edit movies and cost a gazillion dollars just one that will allow me to play the UO 3D games of today..
:dunce:

T

Tasslehoff

just make sure the laptop has alot of ram and a good video card. i made mine through dell and it will play and game without much lag at all but then again its a high end one. 4gigs ram 1gig video card etc

H

HippieMagic

Mine runs SA perfectly fine and it has 4gb of RAM, 2ghz Pentium Dual Core, and 1gb onboard video. It isn't choppy or anything.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use an Asus G71GX, but that's a little pricey for UO. Not really worth the money unless you play other games.

B

Beastmaster

HP Pavilion DV7
4GB ram
Athlon X2 2.2Ghz
ATI Radeon HD3650 (most important part)
Vista 64bit

Still hiccups loading screens (rubberband effect), but I think everyone is still experiencing that.

H

HippieMagic

I think we are all basically running the same thing... 4gb of ram, 2ghz dual core, and vista 64 bit

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine is

Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53GHz
6GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce GTX 260M 1GB
Vista 64-bit
17" 1440x900

:D

B

Banner

You guys are such show offs with your big and fancy laptops and video cards and memory!!! You bunch of "richers"

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clevo M570TU (equivalent to Sager NP5797)
Intel Core2 Duo P9500 (2.53Ghz,6MB L2,25W TDP) | 1066 FSB | 4GB DDR3 CL7 | Vista Ultimate 64 | 120GB HDD 7200rpm SATAII | Nvidia 9800M GT 512GB (MXM 2.1 type III) | Bios V.17, EC firmware v.11 | 17", 1680 x 1050 | Intel WiFi 5300

Overkill for the Enhanced Client, but it still brings it to it's knees at those crimson dragon events.

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK what laptops are you people using to play SA if any? I travel all over the country and can not use a desktop computer. And the Toshiba laptop that I am using will not support the graphics. It is really choppy..I tried it, but do not want to spend the money for the upgrade and not be able to play it. I do like the 2d side and using UOAssist, but I also want to have the option to take the new stuff or leave it.. So I am thinking to replace it with a laptop that will work, if there is one out there? So to keep from buying one that will not work I am coming to you folks to find out what those of you out there are using?? I don't want a computer that you can edit movies and cost a gazillion dollars just one that will allow me to play the UO 3D games of today..
:dunce:
I bought the cheapest Dell XPS (around 1700 USD in norway)
Works wonders for SA, (bought it because its cheaper than most other laptops you can play crysis comfortably on)
I know its cheaper abroad though.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going to get a Dell XPS, but discovered other vendors that offer far more superior tech for less money than the usual top dogs.
Check out Xoticpc.com
You might be surprised.

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going to get a Dell XPS, but discovered other vendors that offer far more superior tech for less money than the usual top dogs.
Check out Xoticpc.com
You might be surprised.
I tend to wreck things, and only dell so far that can give me next working day service guarantee =)
Their prices are steep though.