• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The reasons behind my leaving UO.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've spent over two years on this game. I love the people i've met here. I love the good times I've had. But sadly, there comes a time when you have to look at what your doing and ask yourself if its even worth it. I asked myself what were my goals in UO? what did i have to work twoards, or look forward to?

I could think of a few things to work at. Like finishing my ML hair dye set, which was done about a week later, and it only took a small portion of the gold i had stashed from soloing peerless, or chaining them with Pariah. I thought well maybe i should work at being able to play all my toons well with KR, then thought well, EA seems to have stopped supporting it, so why bother? As much as i loved KR, the crashes and very fixable problems with it make it very very hard to continue to love.

Ok, I loved UO without KR before, i can do it now. I started contemplating buying a luna house and seriously working on a rares collection. I wanted to make a museum. Then came another dupe. Nothing destroys a rares collector more than a dupe. when something is created in mass, its hard to call it a rare. Even one of the biggest rares collectors on legends has be accused of it. And i wouldnt doubt it if he was, with the proof i've seen.

anyways.

I decided i wanted to take a breather from UO. After much Nagging for lack of a better word, I finally convinced Pariah to try World Of Warcraft with me. Yes, thats right, the evil, forbidden WoW.

Over the coming months, if i had a nickle for everytime i said "Why doesnt UO have this?" or "Why doesnt UO have this set up like this?" I'd be rich. things like not allowing trial accounts to trade items to anyone. or giving legit, useable items for quests.

Things like not having to spend 3 months farming gold to have enough to cover basic needs.

I hit lvl 40 and took a break from WoW to come back and see what was happening in the UO world.

Nothing had changed. Not in about 2 months. in the two months on WoW we had a festival that by participating got me over 2 levels worth of XP, had rewards that were equally obtainable by everyone, even my newb ass. then shortly after that even closed, we got another carnival roll into town with more new things to do.

by now we have a new phase to the turn ins. I look on uo.com to see what they added.... two new sets of armor and, oh, whats this? a mouse hole? a nine pixel high three pixel wide brick of black for my house.

I pay 10 bucks a month to play this crap?!

UO needs alot of things, But a f*ckin mousehole isnt one of them. I'm reminded of a post i saw in uhall.

OP: Devs, may we please have a ETA on the fix for monster curse?

Reply: Have you seen the cool new beehives?

that right there is the state of UO, right there in black and white. they pacify us with pixel crack while they struggle to fix what should probally be a simple problem. what do we have for devs though? 5? You get what you pay for...

OH WAIT! Ultima online is only 2 dollars cheaper than world of warcraft a month!

so pretty much, My account is paid till Nov. I sold my castle and most of the stuff in it. With the new dupe out its been really hard to get rid of my rubble, So I'll probally just leave it to rot in my bank box.

I'm keeping my chars geared out, about 100 mil in the bank, and not closing the door completely. But its going to take ALOT for me to want to play UO agian.

I miss the people the most. I really do. Although some came with me to WoW, the ones that decided to stay i miss gaming with. Maybe when EA turns the UO light out people will come see me in the land of WoW.

You can find me on the realm Azjol-Nerub. Horde side. Char names Blesh and Arkessa.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aye I got talked into coming back too..So far its been rather dissapointing. I dont know how much longer Ill be around. Im moving back to Las Vegas at the end of the month, so I know Ill be out of the game for a lil while. Im sure Ill give it a try when I come back, but I dont know if imma stick around this time...Dupes, bugs, cheaters, scripts, hackers, speed cheats, scamming, constantly crashing, and lame pvp is pretty much breakin the bank for me.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Sometimes a Blesh has got to do what a Blesh has got to do, the Luna Bank won't be the same without you hun :'(

N

NewThunder

Are you sure it doesn't have something to do with me owning 8 luna houses and only having one of them open to the public?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well if it wasn't Thunder pushed ya out, must have been our crude manners :D

glad you're not tossing everything, cause.... well, you know..... they always come back!! ;)

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok deer heres my qaundry. When you say Dupe can you narrow it down to which and of what?

Its not like uo has only one running rampant at one time:danceb:

P

Pennywise

You can find me on the realm Azjol-Nerub. Horde side. Char names Blesh and Arkessa.
C-c-c-can ya run around neked over ders? W-w-what abouts bank sittin? Any of dat ders?

B

BardMal

Legends will be less without you.

May Joy and Happiness be your visible side kicks where ever you are.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't find your reasons good enough for leaving, so you should just stay here.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blesh knows how I feel about it so I'm not going to go into it all over again. Suffice it to say that as usual Damia and I agree.

B

BardMal

The thing about UO is not the game, so much as it is the people - people like you.

If WoW had it, no one would ever come back to UO. I'm sure plenty of great folks play WoW, and all the other games; but there's something about UO, the "game" and UO the socializing, and UO the player "ownership" and investment in community that makes this game different.

The game will be less without you, the "game" and community both. If you want to return, you will always have friends in UO.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are so good at decorating.... I should really get a trial account on wow to come see how wonderful you've done your house on wow.....

oh wait..... no houses on wow (hint hint)

love ya girl

D

Deadly Shadow

You sure will be missed that is for sure. Hope you have a great time in WOW.

P

Pennywise

C-c-c-come back so I can run neked by ya while ya bank sit in Nuna. I mean, L-l-l-luna.

C

Cobra76

Blesh,

You will be sorely missed. I am heartened by the fact your keeping gold and your "good stuff".

UO has its problems, and Lord knows I get burnt out on it. But it is the people you meet, and make friends with that last.

8 years i've been playing this game. There is no win or lose, it is a world (life) of its own. I"ve never played WoW, so can not comment on its content, but it is the housing on UO that makes this game special, and enduring.

During one of my breaks, I played a game that my sons' liked called Monster Mu. You could create up to 5 char. and all 5 char. shared ONE vault. Maximum items was in the neighborhood of 60-70 items.

I hope you will come back, but at least you have you until November. :danceb:

Cobra, Postman, Ironman, Sgt. Rock, Mord Sith, Dogs of War, Chase and Dalamar

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Blesh, Sorry to hear your leaving, I enjoyed playing with ya. I hope you have fun on WoW :)