• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The next rares festival....

Nistra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the reality is regardless of where the next raresfest is there is a transfer token in my future just cause I love them, I do have two concerns.

First is a general concern that I'm not sure the solution of.... those harbringers that show up are a pain. Most people are shopping on newbie characters and aren't prepared to deal with any spawn let alone something that nasty. If you happen to be at the festival especially during non-peak hours and someone has left one behind you could be dead easily with no way of getting your stuff (bye bye pretty new non insured goodies) back. I logged in to do some shopping at the last one and someone had left one behind in what should have been a nice safe enclosed space to find myself dead instantly and no one around, thankfully I didn't have anything important so I logged out and came back many hours later for a rez. It had probably been left from hours earlier because I find it hard to believe some griefer used up a now rare crystal to possibly end out with no targets. Perhaps this could be something that is "factored in" during the planning. Maybe try having a few guardy types folks around to protect the wimpier people during regular shopping hours? (yes I know people have lives)..... simplest solution would be for people not to do it in the first place but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Second is about asian shards ... I love the idea of going someplace different with the potential of new and awesome things.....but the lag on some shards from here is nuts. If I had to take the character far to get anywhere it could be tough.

Just a couple of thoughts
Ang

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch, never tought in the lag

ping to sakura.owo.com for me is:

Minimum = 338ms, Maximum = 343ms, Average = 340ms

damn

D

DVI

My oppinions :
In the end i'd like to throw in the idea to try to organize soon a Fest on Europa shard, as to complete the "Rares Fest World Tour". (and no, Europa is not my home shard, it's Cats :) )
Europa hosted the 3rd festival.

Guri

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I welcome to held rare festival on japanese shard.
My main shard is a japanese shard.
But it is not Yamato or Sakura.

If rare festival is held on Japanese shard, I think that it shoud be held on Yamato not Sakura.

There are EMs only on Yamato in all of Japanese shards now.
So if festival is held on Yamato, we can transfer Gold and stuffs for festival and EM event at the same time.
But if festival is held on Sakura, we have to transfer to not only Sakura but also Yamato.

It just only wastes money about the transfer cost.
I can't understand why it is not Yamato but Sakura.

The EM program on Japanese shard just started recently.
I think that there is a player who has already transfer to Yamato for the EM event.
When the festival and EM event are the same shard, the player who has not transfer yet might transfer.
Even if considering from the seller's standpoint, I think it is good.