• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The new quest chain simplified. *Warning* LOTS of pictures! (Valley of One quest line)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Giggles submitted a new Article:

Click the "Read more about this article" link below to view the pictures in FULL size!

The New Quest Chain Simplified. *warning* Lots Of Pictures!

I started this little mission to tease a friend of mine who can't seem to follow verbal guidance.... But I figured I might as well share it with the community for anyone who is still trying to figure out the quest.

Enjoy!

QUEST START.

TIGER QUEST

LAVA ROCK QUEST

GREAT APE QUEST

DRAGON TURTLE HATCHLINGS QUEST

T-REX QUEST

QUEST CHAIN COMPLETION

And HUGE thank you to Sirion for making this map!

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Well Done Friend

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I started this little mission to tease a friend of mine who can't seem to follow verbal guidance.... But I figured I might as well share it with the community for anyone who is still trying to figure out the quest.

Enjoy!

QUEST START.

TIGER QUEST

LAVA ROCK QUEST

GREAT APE QUEST

DRAGON TURTLE HATCHLINGS QUEST

T-REX QUEST

QUEST CHAIN COMPLETION

This should be saved as an article somewhere.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about we sticky it up top for a few weeks?? Anyone?

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Giggles couldn't have done this without me, I kept her alive the 'whole" time. If anyone else wants to guild up and do this with me on pacific PM me. Before we venture out you must ICQ Giggles and ask her to share quest.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Giggles couldn't have done this without me, I kept her alive the 'whole" time. If anyone else wants to guild up and do this with me on pacific PM me. Before we venture out you must ICQ Giggles and ask her to share quest.
LOL!

Yeah, you casting flamestrikes ON me was so very helpful =)

And.... FOR THE LAST TIME THIS ISN'T WOW AND I CANNOT SHARE QUESTS!
GAWD!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome job! Love the screenie with you as ghost at the T-Rex. Have a few of those myself.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you all for the feedback and compliments =)

I really just kinda threw this together as a comic/helpful tutorial, mainly because one of my friends, who will remain nameless, needs pictures! I know it isn't completely perfect or totally in-depth, and also very picture intensive.

I hope to have a little time this weekend to record a video of the T-rex encounter for anyone struggling with him. He is difficult with a lot of health, but I was able to kill him with a sampire/bard combo fairly easy. He also does the "Panic" thing that makes you freeze for several moments. On the sampire, I cope with this by keeping feint up on him at all times, however I still end up dying on occasion.

Again thank you for all the feedback, and I hope this made it more simple for some people.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
next time id just put the words in the thread, so people can at least read if the pictures arent working. or just figure out why the pictures arent working for alot of people.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
:)

Now... anyone have ideas on how to keep the cubs alive?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The only part of the quest chain I did was rescue the baby tiger cubs. Pick the cage that's closest to the bridge so you don't have to fight so many trappers...I used my tamer and my Cu Sidhe and vet to heal the cub, that worked best for me.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
:)

Now... anyone have ideas on how to keep the cubs alive?
I do the cub quest on a sampire, so sometimes I lose a cub or two. But I can on occasion hit them with a chivalry heal to keep them alive long enough to kill the trappers. Mages/tamer might have a easier time keeping them alive.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
dey werks fer meees now
girkle
Awesome =) Hopefully that means that most of the issue was fixed.
If anyone else can't see the pictures still, please send Riyana a PM with your browser details, and maybe a image of what you are seeing.

If anyone has any direct questions I'll do my best to answer them. I also have a fettish with recording gameplay videos, so if you want to see any part recorded let me know. I'll spend a little time getting that for you!

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I do the cub quest on a sampire, so sometimes I lose a cub or two. But I can on occasion hit them with a chivalry heal to keep them alive long enough to kill the trappers. Mages/tamer might have a easier time keeping them alive.
I find that the trapper is doing enough damage that even with my 6/2 mage, it's all you can do to keep greater healing the cub; I get the occasional EV or ebolt in for the trapper, but half the time my EV's attack doesn't actually do any damage. The trappers have way too much HP for what they are, as well - by the time one is dead, it's already tedious. Walk the cub a bit further, and oh, another trapper. :/

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for the guide! Helped a lot.

Here's my location mapping:
#1: get quest (NPC)
#1-tiger: action spot
...etc
#FINAL: sir geoffrey (prize)

View attachment 44171
Yup that is a good map! However, The Dino spawn is in the left most swamp shaded area, and not the right one. Fix that little detail and its solid! Thanks for your contribution. Mind if I include your map at the bottom of my original post? Might make it easier for folks to see it. Credit mentioned to you obviously! =)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ahh, you're right. I marked it when we lured the rex to the right side =)

Here's the corrected one. Hope it's right. Feel free to use it. No need any credit. It's all fun. Thanks again =)

View attachment 44172
Your map has been added to my post WITH due credit! =)

Thanks again!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does anyone know: Can a player not on the quest heal the cubs to help a questing player?
Can a player not on the quest heal players at T-rex, and can they damage T-rex?
@Kyronix , does everyone in the office think it is right for players to get severely damaged by apes, etc, that are yellow and cannot be attacked back? If he is invulnerable to the player, then he should not be able to aggro on the player. That was/is one of my biggest gripes about Blackthorne's as well.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Does anyone know: Can a player not on the quest heal the cubs to help a questing player?
Can a player not on the quest heal players at T-rex, and can they damage T-rex?
@Kyronix , does everyone in the office think it is right for players to get severely damaged by apes, etc, that are yellow and cannot be attacked back? If he is invulnerable to the player, then he should not be able to aggro on the player. That was/is one of my biggest gripes about Blackthorne's as well.
Yep, it's a bit silly but you cannot participate in the quests if you are not actually on that part of the quest to begin with... Dunno if this was intended or not but that's how it's working currently. Also the grape ape goes invulnerable when he goes all donkey kong vs mario and jumps into the middle of the map to throw barrels. If he is retaining invulnerable status afterwards however, I would send in a report about it if I was you.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tiger cub:
- D-click on the gate, try to solve the lock, each failure will spawn some red NPC (easy kill)
- when tiger cub is freed, make sure you walk with it until it safely reaches to bridge!! (I didn't realize this was necessary and it didn't count those saves.)

Ape:
- high HP, tough fight, ape can also teleport you away to other area (of the same cave).

Dino:
- high HP, takes time to kill but doable. Reptile slayer.

Egg:
- go near a nest and stay there to initiate (mob will spawn)
- after killing spawn, go away from nest and come back again immediately.
- after some seconds, mobs and turtle will spawn. Kill mobs (dont kill turtle).

Lava:
- bring some 5 shovels first before going to Eodon, so you dont have to run back and forth.
- go digging on the mud/black area (you can stay on mount)
- waves of lava sea will occur. RUN.
- lava rocks dont appear in your backpack, but you get messages saying you got them.
- takes some time to dig those up.

If you are doing in groups, would be easier/faster to have everyone auto-follow the lead runner.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Al I can say is WOW....
You did all that 5 times!!!
*makes note to self.... buy t he damn things... forget the quest. We are not a dino chew toy!*
Thank you big time

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tiger Cubs are very easy. Turtle mobs too fast for me. I hate it that you have to do all 5 quest parts. Think I will buy the rewards.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Turtles weren't too horrible on my archer and they were even better with my Sampire... My Mystic/Mage/Weaver found them to be a royal pain...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, unfortunately, I am playing mystic-mages only ;-) (with a few exceptions)...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For anyone who hates the lava rock quest for the Jukari, and who hasn't read any of the quest books (there are quite a few in Geoffrey's camp), location is everything. The closer you are to the lava in the center, the quicker you'll dig up rocks...you just have to be prepared to fight more often and run as soon as you see the unstable message.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...location is everything. The closer you are to the lava in the center, the quicker you'll dig up rocks....
Not exactly sure this is correct as I've stood in the middle quite a bit compared to the outskirts, it seems to be more a RNG thing.
I've done the quest 7xs so far, constantly moving and trying alternate locations. I even dropped gold coins on the exact spots where
I got rocks to see if it was a timer thing. Letting the RNG play its evil game seems to be how it worked for me.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i also deleted my own guide because of Peekay's relentless input. its really just not worth the trouble. sorry to those who cant see these pics and are having trouble with the quest. youll just have to use uo.com.
I wondered what happened to it. I thought it was helpful, then it was gone when I tried to open again. You're letting "relentless input" shut you down, man? Not that I plan on doing the quests anyway - the trouble looks more than the rewards to me, and I just don't like the environment of that land, but thank you all for letting me know that in advance.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...location is everything. The closer you are to the lava in the center, the quicker you'll dig up rocks...
Yet again, I stand corrected. Just did 3 rounds ( of 5 rocks each) standing directly in the middle clicking the edge of the lava pit and used roughly 150 charges on a 200 charge shovel. :)

Thanks @Dot_Warner You Da Man ! ....errrrr.... You Da Woman !

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
The only part of the quest chain I did was rescue the baby tiger cubs. Pick the cage that's closest to the bridge so you don't have to fight so many trappers...I used my tamer and my Cu Sidhe and vet to heal the cub, that worked best for me.
For whatever reason, the cub staying alive was super easy. I cast reaper, do puzzle, mess up and the red show up... Area peace. Then just wildfire and word of death... Keep reaper up, unlock cage, no damage to cubs... Did it for the first time yesterday and seemed too easy.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For whatever reason, the cub staying alive was super easy. I cast reaper, do puzzle, mess up and the red show up... Area peace. Then just wildfire and word of death... Keep reaper up, unlock cage, no damage to cubs... Did it for the first time yesterday and seemed too easy.
Don't cast EVs or a RC they WILL attack the Cub they also attack the turtles. I used a tamer on the cubs and a sampire on the turtles. Used the ABC Archer for the Lava Rocks... Mystic/Mage/Weaver and a Tamer for the Ape and the T-Rex.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This thread has been cleaned up and individual warnings and notifications are forthcoming. Let's keep this thread on-topic and polite. Personal issues with other posters need to stay in personal channels. Thank you everyone who has kept discussion about the content here. This is a really neat quest--talk about it!

The discussion about the problem with the pictures was moved to the Stratics Help forum in this post to help us keep track of it while we investigate. If you are having trouble seeing the pictures, please visit that post with any information that might help: what browser you use, if you encounter the problem elsewhere, etc. Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like the one "Oh my God, Save me" At the sight of the T Rex
You know what I said the first time I saw it..... "OMG it's so CUTE!" Reminded me of that kids movie "We're Back" or something like that.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Since I can't find the quest item names anywhere...

Mosaic of Heluzz is the tile from t-rex.
Fires of Kukuzz is the lava thing from the volcano.
Totem of Fabozz is the dinosaur head from _________
The Skull of Aphazz is the skull from __________
The Skull of Motazz is the white claw-looking thing from ________

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since I can't find the quest item names anywhere...

Fires of Kukuzz is the lava thing from the volcano.
Totem of Fabozz is the dinosaur head from _________
The Skull of Aphazz is the skull from __________
The Skull of Motazz is the white claw-looking thing from ________

Fixed it for you.

Fires of Kukuzz is the lava thing from digging up the lava rocks in the volcano. (Flaming pile of Poo)
Totem of Fabozz is the Turtle head from saving the Turtle Hatchlings.
The Skull of Aphazz is the skull from The Great Ape.
The Skull of Motazz is the white claw-looking(Tiger head) thing from rescuing the Tiger Cubs.