• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

the new doom drops

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, guys! You are very helpful! The boots, then. Alrighty!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has anyone gotten drops running the gauntlet?
yes, ive gotten a few doing the actual guantlet. it seems to be faster or at least the same killing faster / more lower end stuff. there were a few others with me who affected my luck (running about 1200 on suit) like not being able to get an honor in before damage was done.

going to try it again solo maybe on a low-pop shard and see if my results are different.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I looked at the stuff and honestly it's all blah if you ask me... thankfully there isn't anything super awesome that I want to crank on yet another grind for.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked at the stuff and honestly it's all blah if you ask me... thankfully there isn't anything super awesome that I want to crank on yet another grind for.
What a relief! It would've be really embarrassing if you ended up really liking the drops... you know, because you complained and criticized the whole thing before it was even released and yet none of the problems you foresaw came to pass.

Thanks for letting us know!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What a relief! It would've be really embarrassing if you ended up really liking the drops... you know, because you complained and criticized the whole thing before it was even released and yet none of the problems you foresaw came to pass.

Thanks for letting us know!
And I tried being in Doom and with the EC as messed up as it is it crashed every 5 min... And it's overcrowded, especially in Prime Time. So much so that there is not much spawn to kill... the rest of the time the spawn is fine but the EC is so borked that it's nearly unplayable still. I crash constantly. So yes still think it sucks to put all that content in one tiny dungeon. Thank god I don't play on Atl.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its pretty fun here at Atl so far. DF runs, camped guardian room and people everywhere. In a week it will be empty again anyways.. so not going to miss the fun :D

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The only thing concerning these 4 dex boots is , for a mage, 10 base dex + crimson cincture speically the VvV one with 10 dex, boost your dex to 20 which is enough for any mage. This is why the 4 intel boots will remain the best for a mage still. But for a dexxy yea the 4 dex boots is a upgrade.
I like these boots. Now I can hit 150 DEX with:

125 base
5 M&S Reading Glasses
8 Ring
8 Bracelet
4 Boots

Makes it a tad easier to hit 210 stamina.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree boots only thing I'm shooting for. Why only macers getting weapons?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to apologize for my depressive mood. Now that I have found a way to farm a reasonable amount of arties, I must say: Great fun! Thanks devs! Well done!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are 7-15 allies on Drachenfels and meet in the guardian room. We make a party and kill them with area-spells. I get around 10-12 drops per hour on 2500 Luck. Its alot of fun, cause everybody helps, there is time for chatting and for browsing through nice loot. Tons of T-maps and so on. This is awesome and funny and teamwork. Just as MMORPG should be.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We are 7-15 allies on Drachenfels and meet in the guardian room. We make a party and kill them with area-spells. I get around 10-12 drops per hour on 2500 Luck. Its alot of fun, cause everybody helps, there is time for chatting and for browsing through nice loot. Tons of T-maps and so on. This is awesome and funny and teamwork. Just as MMORPG should be.
Glad to hear there's still some people who hunt and hang out together instead of just trying to solo everything :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, but dont bring dexxers in, that kills the fun. On a nice shard, people conspire to go down there and cast low level area spells within group, so that everybody gets lootrights and 10 people have the same chance. You hang around, wait for the spawn and let people cast their area spells. You cannot do that idling, you have to be there and concentrate. Thats how we do it on DF most of the time.

On a greedy shard, a bunch of dexxers is sitting in the middle - mostyl afk - and is running scrips and kill the mobs with whirlwind-slayers. No fun at all and drops only for the greedy ones. Thats how I have watched it on ATL two days ago. I decided not to go there. Too many greedy people. But there were other, nice people, too - they invite you in party and help you. But, alas, still too many party poopers there ;-)

You need to stick together and work together according to a good strategy. Then you can get ALOT of drops!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess the point is: If you can't stand other players, go Drachenfels. It's damn easy to farm away 100s of those things even with the WW dexxers on it. But right, everybody throwing things with more damage than a fireball must be full of greed / scripting / afk or whatever. Oh lord, sometimes I feel sorry for those empty shards and their narrow views.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess the point is: If you can't stand other players, go Drachenfels. It's damn easy to farm away 100s of those things even with the WW dexxers on it. But right, everybody throwing things with more damage than a fireball must be full of greed / scripting / afk or whatever. Oh lord, sometimes I feel sorry for those empty shards and their narrow views.
May I quote myself: "But there were other, nice people, too" I like ATL very much, it is my second home. I have many friends there. But many people means: alot more idiots than elsewhere. Its a percentage-issue. So, yes: Sometimes it is nicer to work spawns on lesser crowded shards (empty? you have no idea...).

Obviously, you cannot read :gee:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me just add 2 things: Lets say, in City 1 there are 10.000 inhabitants. In city 2 there are 1.000.000 inhabitants. If the average greedy idiot-percentage is 25 %, you will meet in those places where the treasures are around 2.500 idiots in city 1 and 250.000 idiots in city 2. Thats all. Thats not a question of shard-culture or something. You can coordinate your work better with lesser people and you can help the weaker ones getting their share easier.

And you are right, I can get my 7-9 drops per hour even on ATL in the guardian room. With stoneform-mystic and "grav hur". However, it is FAR less fun, as the spawn is dead within a second or even less... That´s the point.

On DF or on EU or whatever place you decide to go, you can make a group with 10 people and hardly find another 10 that interfer with your strategy. You give everybody enough time to pre-cast their area-spells and then: Good luck! Most of the time, it takes some spells to kill the spawn, 2-3 attemps. They are dying still very fast and it might me funnier if they had - lets say - 200 hp more (each guardian). But this works quite nicely.

And a short reply to the "afk" and "scripter"-issue: Are you saying that there is nobody farming BAZILLIONS of t-maps, gold and gems with auto-loot macros while gathering doom-arties? Are you kidding, mate? I know these people for years on that specific shard and we all know them. THEY are what I am talking about when I say: I try to avoid places like these. Not "crowded" vs. "empty"-shards... Understand my point?

If I might quote you: I can stand other player - but I cant stand THAT kind of Player. Peace?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea, everybody as he pleases!

Maybe it's some perception thing. I won't call anybody I've met down there a true party pooper (ok, I've seen those AND? guy, but I swear he did not had a red Naba next to him this time). Of course those Harbingers can get a bit nasty at times, but still far from ruining my game. Maybe i must try harder to see how little fun all that is ;D

Bottom line seems to be that we are both enjoying this :)

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool. Thats the kind of communication I like! You can have different perspectives - but if you try to explain you point, you can build bridges everywhere. I think, this Forum needs more of this spirit ;-)

Anyways: YEA! We are enjoying it! VERY MUCH! Got the boots, the cloak, the scepter, the ring and (nearly) a set of platemail doomies so far. Now going for 2-3 lanterns and another pair of boots.

The titles are, well... I wish, they would have made them a "fourth slot". You can only choose between the titles, they dont add up like (Name - Veteran - Guildname - Doom-Title). Thats kinda sad...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What macro do you use for to select the nearest target with a warrior? I cannot get it to select any hostiles in the guardian room

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None. As I said many times: I am not inteligent enough to set up macros. I dont even use Assist and I dont even have a dress-macro. I wish I knew how this works. I am doing it with my hands, trying to pull a bar... me dumbass.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, but many people appear to have a macro that targets the closest guardian (and not other players) while staying stationary. There must be an option in the CC client macros, but I haven't found it yet.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same on Legends, more the merrier in DG room:) Everyone gets drops, no one crying about someone stealing their spawn for a change:)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you show us, Blood Ghoul? Would be really interesting to see - and helpful!

Thanks!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he is talking about the EC. I just have "target nearest enemy" set to my tab key. Trouble is if people have summons etc it will target these.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't you use "select next" "hostile" or something like that in CC?
In order to be able to target an hostile , that hostile in question must be flagged on you before. So if the dark guardians just spawned , none of them are yet flagged to anyone so select next hostile will not work.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes the old can you push a hotkey button faster then a script to get the agro first? Another fine way for them to bait the Aholes to one hot spot. Observe and burn or follow to find their dumping house and get the other accounts. They keep doing theese public house burning thinking we are impressed. Put the fear of the bann burn in them by following the gold.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use CC, and on my Sampire, I use a Macro that is 2 lines. 1. Select nearest [Hostile] 2. attack last target. Then whatever is attacking me and the closest, is what I swing at.

Last edited: