• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Mods are pathetic!! cant name names of scammers..whatever

Dark One

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its just a joke.. reason is cause they are probraly naming there own friends that pay there salaries but scamming people and the mods dont want people to be aware of who is doin so.. just sad.. they say they want a peacefull community, well allow us to call out these punks that ruin the game!

G

Now Xenon can be an asshat. But I am pretty sure he doesn't approve of scamming.

Dark One

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well if they didnt approve of it.. they would allow us to warn people of these guys.. instead of takin off the threads..

I

imported_IgotWood

Asshat hahaha thank you, you just made my word of the day!

G

ya well they deleted my thread. but 2 out of 3 were in ROFL and the other was a known scammer on shard.

G

i was part of that thread and i have 0 characters in rofl...

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

its just a joke.. reason is cause they are probraly naming there own friends that pay there salaries but scamming people and the mods dont want people to be aware of who is doin so.. just sad.. they say they want a peacefull community, well allow us to call out these punks that ruin the game!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite simple, really. Allow me to demonstrate.

<blockquote><hr>

Everyone, listen up! Just yesterday I saw Dark One stocking his vendor with fake valorite hammers that he most likely acquired by using exploits AND scripting! Furthermore when some innocent citizen of Napa came by and purchased the overpriced scam items he laughed at them, saying "Haha! You are such a newb and I am a scammer! You have been defeated and your money is now mine!" He then ran away, most likely using a speed hack of some kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you don't understand what I mean, the purpose of the rule is to protect the potentially innocent from the mob of self-righteous vigilantes who feel it is their job to fling accusations regardless of whether they have a full understanding of the situation or not. Buyer beware but spare us the witch hunts, please?

G

I'm not pathetic. Really I'm not. Read what Deraj has said. Sums up what we mods have to do. It's not that we don't want people to be aware of scammers but sometimes there are false accusations. You can then say we should go investigate and find out the truth for ourselves but that isn't our job. Our job is to enforce the Rules of Conduct of the Stratics Network. As I have said before, I know this upsets some of you who want to name scammers but please try and see it from our point of view.

I

imported_Cysphruo

without the rules people will just get killed in fel or something and come here to call the person a scammer, etc...
but with the rules there is some order to it and we can still pm names and other stuff *wink*

I

imported_IgotWood

don't talk unless you have a part of this, what dark one is saying is true and everyone knows it so its not a witch hunt. We have been pointing out legitimate people that are known scammers and just warning people. If you believe it is a witch hunt go check those vendors for yourself instead of trolling.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trolling? Ahahahaha... obviously you have an extreme view of what is "trolling". In any case, it's all fun and games until someone points the finger at you. The fact of the matter is, any knucklehead can come up here and point a finger, even if they know the "evil scammer" is actually innocent. Here, watch this:

<blockquote><hr>

Hey everyone, there's this vendor in Luna, it is well-known and well-respected...until now! Just yesterday I saw a scam vendor, well it sold the last item so it doesn't have any more.... but it was there! I saw it! Really! And then some poor victim came by and bought the scam item and he was like "o noes, i just spend 30mil of my hard earned virtual currency on a fake item that doesn't even work because the mods won't let us point fingers at people! curse you stratics mods!!!!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing, isn't it? Of course, instead of relying on a forum for your scammer information, maybe you could take that money and use your brain when spending it. Buyer beware.

I

imported_IgotWood

point a finger, i don't sell anything...i just buy. maybe just maybe that's what we are trying to do buyer beware and post it here...if you don't like it don't read it, maybe you could think for yourself and choose not to read it?

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

point a finger, i don't sell anything...i just buy. maybe just maybe that's what we are trying to do buyer beware and post it here...if you don't like it don't read it, maybe you could think for yourself and choose not to read it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but now you're putting the reputations of potentially innocent people on the line. For example if you see a vendor selling something bad, how do know if it's just a renter or the house owner themselves? Sometimes you don't, and then you have to shut up because you can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt who is the "bad guy". And since ultimately you can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt through forum posts, the best thing to do in this case would be to shut up.

Honestly, what is so complicated about all of this? The purpose of the rule is to protect the innocent from false accusations. If you don't want the bad people accusing the innocent people, then logically, you cannot allow the good people point out the guilty people, no matter how good the intentions. How can you people not get that through your head?

*edited to play nice*

I

imported_IgotWood

of course you would leave his in...way to play favorites xenon warrior princess

and all i was sayin anyways is that a post below that was posted we said a vendor who was trying to scam people and the owner saw the post and took action and removed the vendor and thankd us for posting, and this was a positive thing. but apparently i can't say anything about someone who probably doesn't play on this shard and is running his mouth about stuff he has no idea about. Go ahead big guy remove this post...btw who are you in game Xenon?

F

five oclock

Again I will repeat me last question
lets say you get scammed or know a scam is going on. can you make it a topic like this...

Scammer warning msg me for details.

This way 1 all names of players are not on the boards so its not breaking any rules and 2 its being sent by private msg so...

As for the prior posts..its true..buyer beware...but I don't know many newbies with 25 mil gold...

Now as for a mob...Umm I think we have seen that all a million times with people calling out people saying you cheat or you hack...and of course the other person saying No I don't etc etc. If you send it as a private msg to people is that not breaking the rules of the game?

G

Without naming names you can post the vendor name/location so people know what vendors to avoid (and possibly let the vendor renter know as well). If it's a non-vendor scam like the Cu swap you can post the details of the scam so people know what to look for and avoid (since scammers rarely pull 1 timers). This lets people know whats up without the possibility of slander, and as Sunrise pointed out, you can always add "PM me" for scammers name or whatnot.

Rey~

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

of course you would leave his in...way to play favorites xenon warrior princess

and all i was sayin anyways is that a post below that was posted we said a vendor who was trying to scam people and the owner saw the post and took action and removed the vendor and thankd us for posting, and this was a positive thing. but apparently i can't say anything about someone who probably doesn't play on this shard and is running his mouth about stuff he has no idea about. Go ahead big guy remove this post...btw who are you in game Xenon?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand your desire to be rid of scammers, believe me. I dislike scammers just as much as the next guy, but you have to understand the necessity of this rule. "Innocent until proven guilty", that is the logic behind it.

If you need further proof, take a look at the original post, as Dark One less-than-eloquently points out that Xenon is probably a scammer or friend of scammers... why? Because he's not allowing these kinds of accusations. That is proof enough that we shouldn't have people running around throwing accusations willy-nilly, despite how great the intentions.

And furthermore, it's clear you have no idea who I am or what I do. Assuming is a nasty habit my friend (which of course only supports my argument). I know plenty.

I

imported_IgotWood

"And furthermore, it's clear you have no idea who I am or what I do."

Nope sure don't, why don't you enlightn me. And w/your attitude you seem to think you are holy'r than thou...no one has even seen you post here before so y start now when we are trying to accomplish something to stop more people from this game leaving due to scams? Apparently you aren't doing crap besides puttin your 2 cents where its not wanted.

"Assuming is a nasty habit my friend (which of course only supports my argument). I know plenty. "

You are assuming that i care what you have to say, take your own wisdom here

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you are perceiving isn't necessarily a holier-than-thou attitude, but the undeniable revelation that I am right and you are 100% dead wrong about the topic which, judging from your last post, you do not seem interested in discussing anymore (I wonder why? huh).

<blockquote><hr>

no one has even seen you post here before

[/ QUOTE ]

If my post count is any indication, I don't often post here, or even on Stratics for that matter. I'm more of a lurker than anything else. But really what you should be saying is "I have never seen you post here before" because you can't speak for everyone.

<blockquote><hr>

You are assuming that i care what you have to say, take your own wisdom here

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much 100% BS because if you truly didn't care, you wouldn't be responding to my posts. Please, please respond. Prove me right again, please.

B

Budweiser KDL

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If i decided i didn't like you I could come here and trash your name on the boards about scamming me, with no proof to back it up...I don't like not being able to talk about VERY WELL known scammers either, but there will always be some richard out there that ruins it for everyone...So I understand the rules and so should everyone.

I

imported_IgotWood

very true bud i see your point and most everyone else's besides faucktard above you. The only reason i agree w/the poster is the fact that everyone that we have called out, is a known scammers, i know there are people that will just say words to hurt someone else or there account but we have called out 2 people both who most people know on the shard as scammers and also pointed out a vendor that was selling hammers that weren't what they were trying to b sold as and we had both people and evidence to back it up...from now on i will never call out a scam and we will lose more people because of it...if anyone would like to know any scammers that might be out there PM me..im done

F

five oclock

IgotWood I could not agree more with what you said...I think it stinks about the scammers...but on the same token...the rules are the rules... btw..I will be Pming ya in a second

I remember a couple months ago when the mods were on vacation. No pun intended...and the pvp threads went wild. Had some great laughs over that.

the mods are doing there job. They are following the rules of the boards. We have to give credit to them for that. Even tho its not right in our minds its still the rules of the boards. NOW if the devs and the GMs gave 2 cents and did half the job that mods are trying to do on this board for free. This game would be a hell of alot better! Remember the Gms and Devs are getting paid..The mods arn't. And they take this abuse
This is not a kiss up to the mods. Well yeah it is :p but seriously folks...If the Devs/Gms did half the work our mods did...this game would turn around in a heart beat.

G

Only shard I ever played was Napa. I've moderated this forum for a while too. So I know the crowd.

I

imported_Cysphruo

<blockquote><hr>

very true bud i see your point and most everyone else's besides faucktard above you. The only reason i agree w/the poster is the fact that everyone that we have called out, is a known scammers, i know there are people that will just say words to hurt someone else or there account but we have called out 2 people both who most people know on the shard as scammers and also pointed out a vendor that was selling hammers that weren't what they were trying to b sold as and we had both people and evidence to back it up...from now on i will never call out a scam and we will lose more people because of it...if anyone would like to know any scammers that might be out there PM me..im done

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously you dont see the point

B

Budweiser KDL

<blockquote><hr>

we have called out 2 people both who most people know on the shard as scammers

[/ QUOTE ]

With that being said then you understand why mods have the rules they do. Im just as frustrated as you are. I would be upset however if someone didn't like me killing them with Nathan and knew that they could come here and make crap up about me being a scammer and nothing i could do about it other than post back at him... Napa for the most part knows who the scammers, cheaters are.

I

imported_Vision

It comes down to this plain and simple. The stratics mods, or whoever created the rules that they enforce, feel it is important to prevent false accusations. They feel that knowing the names of well-known scammers and being well-informed is less important than preventing people from being falsely accused. They also feel that perhaps all of the time that people have put into their characters and items (for some people over 1000 hours) is less important than the risk of people being slandered.

So... thou shalt walk around blindly praying not to get scammed. If you get scammed by you know who (well actually you don't because I can't say who) then it is your fault and it is unfortunate that you couldn't have been warned. Say goodbye to all the hours of work you invested your character... But look on the bright side, nobody got slandered! Don't come around here to post who scammed you though, because you aren't allowed to. Just take it like a man and be quiet about it.

Most rediculous thing I've heard in quite a while.

F

Fantaapple

Didnt someone in this thread, that played a dexxer with a necro shroud steal scrolls from wtf?

Thats scamming
Kthx