• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The meeting on Atl with King Blackthorn...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To say it was interesting would be an understatement. It would be worth your while to give it a read. :)

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can turn on the news for racial strive and book burning. Ya'll have fun with your RP.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I can turn on the news for racial strive and book burning. Ya'll have fun with your RP.
I can't argue with you on the first part... however, I like the rp aspect of it because sadly in rl situations like that seem like they are never ending and something we will have to sadly live with for a LONG time to come.. to where in the rp end of the pool the situation will probably be wrapped up nicely in a few months ;)

and maybe one day rl will imitate art :D

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics staff mad that the head EM is obliquely crapping on them. Like there's anyone besides their own staff and a few suckups that are on their side anyway.

Chanel #1

Adventurer
Stratics staff mad that the head EM is obliquely crapping on them. Like there's anyone besides their own staff and a few suckups that are on their side anyway.
I find it odd on a couple levels that a highly respected member of the Broadsword EM team would react to recent events on a fanpage forum. Sure - poke fun in-game at what happened... maybe. The EM could have chosen to make light of the subject, but he clearly chose a side with that monologue. I assumed by the Dev's recent responses to comment on Stratics all consisting of "please contact us through our official channels" (as well as Mesanna remaining quiet) was Broadsword's way of distancing themselves from Stratics. The EM's monologue was likely a "subtle" way of restating that message, but by doing so, he continued to rub salt in the wounds of those directly impacted by what happened here.

I'm Stratics neutral (not necessarily pro or against) and trying to stay unbiased, but I'm just a player. I think It's important and professional for any representative of Broadsword to remain neutral, as well.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I find it odd on a couple levels that a highly respected member of the Broadsword EM team would react to recent events on a fanpage forum. Sure - poke fun in-game at what happened... maybe. The EM could have chosen to make light of the subject, but he clearly chose a side with that monologue. I assumed by the Dev's recent responses to comment on Stratics all consisting of "please contact us through our official channels" (as well as Mesanna remaining quiet) was Broadsword's way of distancing themselves from Stratics. The EM's monologue was likely a "subtle" way of restating that message, but by doing so, he continued to rub salt in the wounds of those directly impacted by what happened here.

I'm Stratics neutral (not necessarily pro or against) and trying to stay unbiased, but I'm just a player. I think It's important and professional for any representative of Broadsword to remain neutral, as well.
This.

I think we are all ready to move on from this.

I do find it interesting there are people who pretend to be more offended by this than those named.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
*looks confused*

Ya know.. I have read this

I assumed by the Dev's recent responses to comment on Stratics all consisting of "please contact us through our official channels"
quite a few times.. I have searched and searched and have not been able to find where that was said by anyone on the Dev team. I guess I could have overlooked it.

Strange thing too... when it comes to:

(as well as Mesanna remaining quiet) was Broadsword's way of distancing themselves from Stratics.
it kinda strikes me as odd really. I mean some think Bennu commented on it via his story arc and they bash him for it.. and Mesanna gets bashed for remaining quiet? Sorry, but that sounds like a no win situation that we in the community are sticking them in.

*edit*

Reread what I wrote and maybe "bashed" is too strong of a word... supplement "held under scrutiny"... that is more like it I reckon

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
*looks confused*

quite a few times.. I have searched and searched and have not been able to find where that was said by anyone on the Dev team. I guess I could have overlooked it.

Strange thing too... when it comes to:

it kinda strikes me as odd really. I mean some think Bennu commented on it via his story arc and they bash him for it.. and Mesanna gets bashed for remaining quiet? Sorry, but that sounds like a no win situation that we in the community are sticking them in.

*edit*

Reread what I wrote and maybe "bashed" is too strong of a word... supplement "held under scrutiny"... that is more like it I reckon
She is referring to when shortly after things broke out, a player bumped a handful of pvp threads badgering one of the devs to respond to them.

The reponse was (to paraphrase) please send any issues to [email protected]. But I think you're right, Chanel may be reading too much into that.

As far as Bennu's thinly veiled speech, it is no secret he was at JC's gathering on Atlantic, so I'm not sure why anyone would pretend this was a only a story plot.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*looks confused*

You can find all the dev responses here: UO Developer Feed

The posts people keep mentioning are 2-6, posted last Wednesday by Kyronix.

Chanel #1

Adventurer
The reponse was (to paraphrase) please send any issues to [email protected]. But I think you're right, Chanel may be reading too much into that.
Kyronix's responses to posts changed rather abruptly since last Wednesday. You may be right. I could just be reading too much into it.

I wasn't bashing Mesanna - only pointing out that it seemed like she may be distancing herself from Stratics as a communication venue. Her last post was on April 1st.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
She is referring to when shortly after things broke out, a player bumped a handful of pvp threads badgering one of the devs to respond to them.

As far as Bennu's thinly veiled speech, it is no secret he was at JC's gathering on Atlantic, so I'm not sure why anyone would pretend this was a only a story plot.
Ah ok. Had not even seen that either, but yeah, I would get a little closed mouth if I logged on and someone had tagged me in so many posts that were like that. As for Bennu being at JC's meeting Bennu was there. No argument there... but.. he also left shortly after JC said what the meeting would entail *shrugs* Not that either one proves anything, just giving the full story. I mean I was there and I ain't got a dog in the fight either way *shrugs*

You can find all the dev responses here: UO Developer Feed
Thanks for the link.. that I am now bookmarking ;)

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Kyronix's responses to posts changed rather abruptly since last Wednesday. You may be right. I could just be reading too much into it.

I wasn't bashing Mesanna - only pointing out that it seemed like she may be distancing herself from Stratics as a communication venue. Her last post was on April 1st.
I noticed it too and I read the same thing into it as you did. Complete policy change......why? Maybe Mesanna is too busy, taht would not surprise me at all. But her lieutenants not responding on the boards? I smell something rotten in Denmark.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
that's probably more so she is still hiding from the pitchforks and torches due to the lack of Valentines day swag and the death of Easter swag.
nothing says hide from the masses like ending 18 years of celebrations in game with....... nothing

(Poo lands a devastating left hook!)