• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Lost Lands

G

I am just curious, does anyone know some of the background lore behind the Lost Lands? I know that it became accessable after the Followers of Armageddon attempted to cast the spell, which opened several passages. Is the Lost Lands an underground enviroment, or is it some hidden valley far from Britannian that we cannot sail to?

Also, is there any lore behind Khaldun? I know that it was opened up by archaeologists, and I think I remember it being someones tomb.

...and is it just me, or does Ilshenar look like Serpents Isle when you turn the maps sideways? *Blinks*

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I am just curious, does anyone know some of the background lore behind the Lost Lands? I know that it became accessable after the Followers of Armageddon attempted to cast the spell, which opened several passages. Is the Lost Lands an underground enviroment, or is it some hidden valley far from Britannian that we cannot sail to?

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think there ever was lore explaining exactly where the Lost Lands are located, but I always played it as an underground environment (though I avoid getting into any situation where that matters - there's some day/night type cycle in the area, you can walk around it, you can walk between Britannia and The Lost Lands, but it's definately not part of the torus that makes up Britannia... explaining how the day/night cycle exists, or specifically where it is located in the Gem of Immortality can be easily avoided in most situations).

<blockquote><hr>

Also, is there any lore behind Khaldun? I know that it was opened up by archaeologists, and I think I remember it being someones tomb.

[/ QUOTE ]It's the tomb of Khal Ankur.
http://uo.stratics.com/secrets/bio/b_cursed.shtml

<blockquote><hr>

...and is it just me, or does Ilshenar look like Serpents Isle when you turn the maps sideways? *Blinks*

[/ QUOTE ]Not just you.