• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Lone Samurai VS. Chief Paroxysmus

B

Baghdaddy1

I finally had a little time tonight to try a solo paroxy so I went down and started my key gathering. All was going well, got the first three in about 25 minutes.

The Putrifer was a different story. As a lone dexxer, what I had to do was lure most of the monsters that spawn between the end of the hallway where the room is with the deamons (and the lost prisoner) to where the putrifer spawns and drag it in the main room where most people collect the first 3 keys. I was able to make a pretty clear path and it helped alot with the putrifer.

Once I got my groove down, he was pretty easy. You just can't go pound to pound with that guy. The most I went without moving was prob 15 seconds but the bottom line is that if he hits you, pull back and heal. So jousting worked well. To my dismay, I had to kill him like 9 times to get his spleen. With all the keys in my hand, I make my way to the Chief's lair.

It Rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again, lol

My first tactic which worked real well was to embrace honor so Paroxy and his acid globs would not focus on me. I was able to kill each blob one at a time in a quick manner.

I got Paroxy by himself. I knew it was gonna be a long fight but I was prepared

Everything running smooth, Paroxy is easier than Dread Horn. I didn't even use evasion. I had counter attack up. Paroxy used no magic and from time to time his poison blast would hit me for 60 or so but he moves so slow it was not a big deal to walk a couple of steps and heal up.

The end is drawing near....

Chief Paroxysmus falls at the hands of a Samurai

The spoils of war!!

All in all, it was pretty simple. Only real challenge I had was getting the putrifiers spleen. Hope you enjoyed it

S

Stone Rat

OMG!!! How foolish of me to read your posts...as fun as they are. My Sami is still dreaming of the day he can beat up Lurg
It's nice to know that he'll be able to do far more then that if he's patient.

G

Absolutely amazing - thank you for sharing.

Do you use orange petals? I know vamp helps with poison, but the delay is longer than I like.

How do you regen your stam? Divine fury? I always guessed you stayed away from divine fury knowing your love of DCI, but I figured I would ask.

That is pretty amazing damage with minimum tactics. Very nice indeed. So you don't find the penalty of limited tactics with bushido too bad?

Thank you.

G

Awesome, nice job.

An easier way for the spleen is to use a mage for that part. Energy field the putrefier into his room and drop EV's on his side. Awesome you could solo him. He's definitely the hardest critter down there.

G

Orange petals and vamp form's poison immunity don't work down there. Proxy is like the yamadan and lethal poisons everyone within something like 10 steps. Petals and vamp form don't work on lethal poison.

However, it looks like Baghdaddy is either ignoring the poison or curing it with bandaids. The life leech ability from vamp form will be sufficient to keep you alive, and it works through poison.

Stam can be kept up with divine fury and red pots.

S

Stone Rat

<blockquote><hr>

The life leech ability from vamp form will be sufficient to keep you alive, and it works through poison.

[/ QUOTE ]Really?? Does weapon Life Leech work through it too?

If so, I'm wondering if I can fight Miasma with my Breath of The Dead. Then again my Mid 60's no buffs suit and 110 Bush, Parry, Swords may not get it done. Lurg laughs at me

B

Baghdaddy1

Croaker is correct. Divine Fury for stam. I don't mind the hit on DCI because on my suit I pack about 50 so its only getting lowered to 30 which is still decent. With only 45 tactics, I do not see it hindering my ability to put out damage in the least. I cure the lethal with bandages. Even that is not a huge deal though. With damage like a 180 hps, through vamp form I am leeching like 36 hps.

B

Baghdaddy1

Have fun experimenting with your tactics. You will find something that works for you. I just finally decide to share some of mine with the community. I have seen Paroxy wreck full parties before and now a lone dexxer can do it. Keep working at it.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if you posted this in another thread, but what is your template? I have these skills on another shard other than my home shard. &amp; have never finished the template.

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Healing
100 Anatomy

255 Stat Cap

I`ve never been happy with the last few skills. However, I do have the stuff to use VE with only 34 skill points.

S

Stone Rat

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry if you posted this in another thread, but what is your template?

[/ QUOTE ]It's good that you asked. To me this is the continuation of another great Thread. I'm glad they'll have a link:

For Those Who are Unsure Thread

G

Miasma will be laughable for you. I can do that scorpion for at least 30 minutes without healing and I have a lame scorpion slayer katana with 20 ML and 10 SSI. I could probably do it for longer but I get so bored after about 20 minutes I need to leave.

And my suit is not l33t nor is my template maxed - I don't have 120 in a single skill. But chicks really dig me...

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the Link, but it looks that he has changed his template since then. He only has 45 tactics now, &amp; has VE. Which means he probable has 34 Necro somewere, or he cast VE with use of a soulstone.

B

Baghdaddy1

My current temp:

120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 anatomy
90 healing (use enhanced aids)
70 chiv
55 necro
45 tactics

S

Stone Rat

<blockquote><hr>

I don't have 120 in a single skill. But chicks really dig me...

[/ QUOTE ]*** Chuckle *** Nah, 120 Skill is the Package. You don't have the Package the Chicks don't have the Dig. Sad, but true

S

some old guy

thanks for the thread, and gratz on proxy, one question for you though. where are you getting enough enhanced aids for all the peerless and doom runs you seem to be doing?

G

G_Jaxs

Awersome Template &amp; Well done on soloing Paroxysmus

I saw your old suit out lay before you poped Necro on your Charater.

I'm wondering if you use the same Armour etc, Would it be possible to share your current suit.

B

Baghdaddy1

I have 10 fountains of life in my keep and I have been pretty inactive since Sept. 06, so right now each fountain holds roughly 4k enhanced aids. It would be safe to say I got around 40k total.

B

Baghdaddy1

My suit is identical to what I posted in one of my previous threads with the exception of the helm of insight which I replaced with the brightsight lenses.

G

G_Jaxs

Thank you for sharing the above information, Its a pleasure to know I maybe able to shake the dust off my Sammy Char &amp; use him at last.

Cheers mate

K

Keegan-ElF

If my guild allowed necro I'd most definatly put it in my Sammy...

But how do you gain perfection on NPCs, I thought you could only honor players?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its the total opposite. You can no longer Honor Players other than yourself. You can honor any monster, or any NPC(not the Yellow Tagged ones) thats not damaged.

P

Phear

Many spawning guilds have skill requirements but in my experience It is a requirment to have Necro. Not to not have Necro so It is probably a roleplay issue ?

M

mjolnir131

that would fall under the you need to be finding a new guild fast type of guild

i'm all for rpging in UO, it's noce to get back to the roots, but there are some guild that are way out there off the deep end

A

attilla26

Ok...two quick questions....what do you use the Necro for? at 55 only some of the spells are available to you, and without SS the effects arent nearly as effective. It was also stated you run in vamp form....the minimum skill to cast VE I thought was 99...so how are you casting VE at 55 skill? Thanks for all the great tips and techniques BTW!

K

kraumm

We run very low necro and bump it up with rings, bracelets, talismans, Ossian Grimoire, and for the wealthy, the midnight bracers. Doing it this way, we get VE but still get to hang on to our other skills.

/-K

C

chefjam

Ok, quick question then if you use the ossian grimoire (book) then how do you hold a sword. Do you use book cast the spell and put the sword back in your hand? How long does that spell last?

Also you are able to get 45 + necro points with these items? Is a midnight bracer a bracelet if so how much necro is on it?

Sorry I am very interested in this template but I dont want to lay all the bucks out if I am buying the wrong stuff.

Would appreciate anyones help with this.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Ok, quick question then if you use the ossian grimoire (book) then how do you hold a sword. Do you use book cast the spell and put the sword back in your hand? How long does that spell last?

Also you are able to get 45 + necro points with these items? Is a midnight bracer a bracelet if so how much necro is on it?

Sorry I am very interested in this template but I dont want to lay all the bucks out if I am buying the wrong stuff.

Would appreciate anyones help with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. put necro gear on cast ve take necro gear off,the spell lasts till you recast it or you die
2.midnight bracers are sleeves that are a lev 11 doom arti drop with 20 necro on them and 10%sdi
you could buy cursed midnight bracers cast ve in your house then leave all the gear there the only down side to this is you have to go home if you die to recast ve
hope that helps

G

I can't seem to get my guy down, I can't play him to save my life, I've been a bard for years and playing a dexer just isn't for me, I went out and donated my insurance money to succubus today, paragon deamons, you name it, they killed me.

I'm 120 Bush
120 Parry
100 Anatomy
100 Heal
70 Chiv
45 Necro
55 Tacts
and 113 Maces working up to 120...
I'm mana starved most of the time, just need to find a fast ssi/mana leecher mace I guess..... any tips to teach a newbie how to game with this template.

K

kraumm

Just keep playing it. You're fighting some pretty tough creatures. You're going to need to familiarize yourself with your character and learn its limitations. I took mine into doom the other night to see what I could do against the DF. It ain't easy. There's some real skill behind knowing when to heal, when to run, keeping evade up, making sure your weapon is the correct weapon for the correct situation, and which special moves to use and when. Maybe you should go practice fighting lower level creatures until you've got a system down. And try fighting these big bosses in groups with the char, at the very least your groups will love you for being a kick ass tank and keeping the boss off them

/-K

G

I went to see Miasma tonight, and quickly figured it out, man I'm really starting to like this template.

B

Baghdaddy1

Kraumm is correct. You got to start small and work your way up. Once the template is set up you will not be able to immediately solo a peerless. Got to find your groove first. Good starters would be a Sphinx, paragon deamon/blood ellie. Then work your way up on paragon succubi/phoenix/drake/meer eternal, Miasma, paragon etheral warrior and so forth. Once you get the hang of low end tough monsters, start on your doom bosses and if you do not run with a pvp guild. Work up a spawn in Ilshenar and solo the champs. Happy Hunting

G

Awesome advice, I got the miasma down pretty good, I don't have great weapons and haven't hit 120 maces just yet, but got to nearly 115 off of miasma, and got my honor up pretty good, about 4 dots away from knight now, I'll work the other monsters, I really do enjoy this template, working my suit around a bit, will be a while before I fetch jackals collar, but I have most of the rest of the stuff if not already. As far as weapons, I don't have really great stuff, but I do regularly hunt peerless so it won't be too long, I'll refer to this post for a good time and will soon be among the ranks of the elite sammys...

B

Baghdaddy1

Glad to hear. Keep it up. Believe me, its nice when you open that peerless corpse for the first time and you are the only person who gets to loot it. The work is worth it.

G

GragusMortal

Yeah when I do miasmas I have to read a book or something. I looted a crappy Scorpion Slayer Ornate off one of them the other day now I can kill one in like 7 hits. Miasma is almost reaching Swoop type creatures for me. But the gold is really good there. U can make like 150k in an hour or more.

F

Fisher King

Excellent post, I was building my sammy when I came across it...

Trouble is, Im now such a wannabe...lol.. But Im not really getting what i thought out the time and gps invested in this char...

Bushido 120
Swords 120
Parry 120

Anat 100
Tact 100

Chiv 70
Healing 58
Necro 32

I've squeezed and squeezed the template to get Vamp form, I dont have a Necro Mark yet, but can cast with 32...

My weap is an Ornate,

55 Mana leech,
45 Stam leech
25 SSI
35 DI

I get the HLD from the glasses.... So can that really be much better?

I think some of it is down to practice like you say... But it just seems to go wrong so damn quickly.. lol... Any advice for me folks ?

G

GragusMortal

Looks good. Your heavier magic creatures will be harder to work with. I would suggest Lowering your Mana to 20 if your elf which gives you a base of 40 mana upping your STR to at least 120. I'm currently running base of 120 STR 115 Dex 20 Int and after bonuses I end up with 136 STR 140 Dex and 48 Int which seems to work fine for me also before a battle I'll chug a str pot and a agility pot to put me up to 150 150. Now if I could remember to hit my dart trap box macro when I'm para'd I'd be fine. but for the life of me that dang D'Horn always gets me before I notice

G

GragusMortal

My Current Suit is the following
Mace and Shield
Jackal's Collar
89 Resist Tunic
68 Resist Sleeves with MR 2
Stormgrips
Fey Leggings
Crimson Cincture
Primer on Arms
Ring with 11 HCI 13 DCI 11 Energy Resist
Bracy with 12 DCI and 22 DI 12 Poison Resist(really need to up this to a better braclet)

B

Baghdaddy1

No I haven't. My work is keeping me real busy as of late. What time I have to log on, Ill knock out a couple of Dread Horns and call it a night. But just thinking about Lady Mel though, I don't like the sounds of the Necro she uses ie: oath and the thought of being discorded could put a damper on things real quick. I do think it is possible though, just got to play it real smooth.

S

Spacr

I have a question about your template....

What is the value of having 45 tactics?

Does it really add much damage?

Seems you could add the points to necro and get vamp form without all the expensive gear.

This is my first melee character since my old tank/mage from the early days of UO. I generally play a mage/bard or mage/tamer.

Thanks for sharing your template and tactics. It has really helped me to appreiate the versatility of melee characters.

G

GragusMortal

40 tactics allows you to do 90% Base DMG of the weap you weald. So it gives a 40% INC in base dmg dealt over 0. So to me it's worth it. The extra 5 is just points I have remaining.

R

- Revenant -

The problem with mel will be the satyrs she starts with and the one she summons half way through. Necro doesnt help much either.

This is the problem with travesty when using a necro/sammy. Blood oaths, revenants, animates, strangle on top of everything else.

M

MiR!

Next time i do shimmering i will post some screenshots how i solo it, but i guess paroxymus is way harder to solo.....

Baghdaddy why so much necromancy? you can have 24necro and still go in vamp with the right stuff ( 20 bracers, 10mark, 30jewels, 10book, 5talis) which will give you more tactics or so !!

Im curious though, how paroxy did not kill u with that teleporting attack (my dexxer took like 130dmge from time to time with 70s suit.....)
And what wep u use in there? (i guess a fast wep with leeches and possibly hit lower attack?)

B

Baghdaddy1

My necro is obviously high because I do not posses the mark or the bracers. If I had the dough, I would buy them and thus bump my tactics up but to be honest the weapons i use are so heavy hitting (ornates), i barely miss the tactics. I havent done any spawns in a while (no $$ for me, lol). As far as Paroxy goes, if i am not mistaken, you get teleported if you run away from him. I was on him the whole time so I guess I did not feel those heavy hits. I would like to hear how you did Shimmering. I had a tough time.

R

rolan69vw

Hello:
I was just wondering if you can solo spawns with this template and, along this lines, ever tried the horrower?? it should be a nice challenge.

Rolan

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hope you do a shim soon its time we had some more screenies here

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baghdaddy1 wrote:

<blockquote><hr>

My current temp:

120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 anatomy
90 healing (use enhanced aids)
70 chiv
55 necro
45 tactics

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you get all of the mana needed for the chivalry spells ?

M

mjolnir131

mr2 on your armor is your freind that and mana leach on your weapon

G

and being human gives you MR3 off the top...and then if you can pick up MR6 off three pieces...you are the equivilent to GM MED.

I just always am worried about kharma issues...with the necro pally temp