• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Last Day In The Life......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woke up this morning and checked on the sigils just like ive been doing for years now.....seems several were available to steal and none on their posts. This was the makings of a good day. Who had them Minax/Sl?...only time would tell...

As it turned out the shadowlames had them, but to my disapointment were not defending them, just hoping that I would not log on before they corrupted as usual
Oh well I figured maybe since they werent there to defend them maybe they didnt want to play so i took them back home to TB Castle.

Of course after a time a group of tnt came to take them back.I saw that their numbers were far greater than mine, and it seemed they had one of these new greater dragons in tow.Not daunted by the grim reality of my circumstance i summoned the royal guard to defend the towns!

For a time it worked and even though i had died from their traps i fought on!

Then suddenly as it started it all stopped as i was whisked away to a GM room.

So today you will get the towns,but not because you earned them as I did. No you got them because im simply not going to play with you anymore. I used to enjoy playing factions but every time i see any TNT people they are whining about paging because they cant beat me 4/1 with pets. You people use the same tactics I do yet ive never once paged on anyone and you still lost. No Im retiring today because all you can think of when your tactics fail is to try and get your entire guild to page on me until my account is banned....enjoy.

G

I think you got what you deserved, you got burned good riddance.

G

Why do you block the gates? Seems like a cheap move on your part. I don't care if anyone else does it...bad manner ^^ ...la

I

imported_Krystal

might not have been big deal but for the fact that u were using e-fields to jump in and outta SL base. :/ gm was watching ur butt for a while!

but seriously, is this a case of u getting banned cause u talked [censored] to a gm? where as if u kept ur mouth shut he would of set u free?

K

Kat SP

We've used candelabra's while defending the sigils, but we always leave a single path. Completely blocking is an illegal tactic. Consider it a lesson learned. When you saw you were outnumbered, you started baracading yourself inside. It's simple.. Ya can't do that.

Although we paged because of blocking, apparently the GM didn't like your use of turrets, either. That kinda freaked me out when the vendors poofed and all the guards started coming into the room where I was hidden! LOL Luckily they were targeting Balki, who was able to get out of range! haha

I

imported_archite666

Completly blocking is not illegal, shows what you know (pics coming soon)

K

Kat SP

Check your facts. Completely blocking is illegal. Pics won't change the facts.

I

imported_archite666

indeed, but I remember reading about this and seeing tons of pics on production shards where they had chests with 200 items weighing like 500 stones and trapped and locked surrounding the sigils, and they had mass pics of them, that supports my inclination that your not allowed to block PUBLIC areas, can you show me anywhere where this question is documented? Cause id like to know, I mean I know alot of the Gms enforce it how you say but then again most of them wouldn't know that old rule if it did exist.

G

wow he just keeps going huh everyone go check out Jeremiahs house is able to go onto the south luna wall from his house bye using goza mats and possibly all that rubble he was buying Not sure Is this even Legal?

G

Well it is legal but using *exploit* to access a certain place or area is ILLEGAL.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
shows what you know you cant walk off the back of your house....and btw my account was not banned, i simply said you guys page like the big fat "L" you are in an attempt to get me banned every chance yopu get...btw if you dont like my house check out better homes and castles for plenty of articles about how it is legal.

**and btw your not supposed to block public areas but ppl have been blocking up faction bases for years without problems. bujt then again i guess im supposed to block up all but a path and let you guys use up the tb traps so your thief can just stealth in?**

G

No you are not really on the wall but you are withing casting range and the way you are stacking the rubble you can walk across it you are actually a tile higher than the wall so I can not hit you but you and cash could cast on me...

G

<blockquote><hr>

No you are not really on the wall but you are withing casting range and the way you are stacking the rubble you can walk across it you are actually a tile higher than the wall so I can not hit you but you and cash could cast on me...

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh Dear!

K

Kat SP

For the record, I did not page to have you banned. I enjoy having you as an adversary. I paged a GM to have a discussion with you about your illegal tactics. Besides, if you had been banned, it would have been because of your own actions, instead of mine.

<blockquote><hr>

i guess im supposed to block up all but a path and let you guys use up the tb traps so your thief can just stealth in?**

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm.. Didn't I read that you were using all 60 traps, 15 from each faction not too long ago?

I

imported_Krystal

no one wanted to get u banned, but to have u stop using illegal tactics.
im 100% sure that blocking any area is illegal. u have to have an open path.

I

imported_archite666

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually thats how it is with any house that sits next to luna wall, you couldn't hit because you were on justin credible, a melee character. (insert insult here)

*edit*

and paging on his house was completly uncalled for, thats just stupid, do you honestly want this shard all to yourselfs?

A

Azural Kane

<blockquote><hr>

I think you got what you deserved, you got burned good riddance.

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods*
*folds arms*

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

and paging on his house was completly uncalled for, thats just stupid, do you honestly want this shard all to yourselfs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont mind playing with myself,
. But honestly if that guy gets the ban and it serves as a lesson to other players to play fair and honestly then id be willing to take the loss. Lately it seems like only KoC is playing strictly by the rules

M

Masumatek

When did blocking faction bases become illegal? It is a valid tactic imo. And every attack or defense of a faction base I have been involved in included the defender blocking the base. Where does it say blocking a faction base is illegal?

Or blocking anything is illegal? If I were to trap someone against a wall, would that be illegal? Was the shadowclan orcs trapping people in side their fort illegal? If I were to go to compassion gate, barricade it, and kill anyone going through, would that also be illegal? Is it only illegal to block things with balls and candles or with spells too such as energy field? ....

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they can have it all to themselves...i have been using those same tactics fore years...and they have always been perfectly acceptable...as for my house i had no extra advantage over you at all. there are pages upon pages of posts on it in homes and castles forum...but your houseenvy got the best of you. as for my tactics pagiing a gm just because your a poor sport is lame.

F

Feyre

<blockquote><hr>

no one wanted to get u banned, but to have u stop using illegal tactics.
im 100% sure that blocking any area is illegal. u have to have an open path.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless recently change(for all you newer faction people)
Fully blocking a path is illegal, unless it is totally within the area of a faction base. Building a turret(all guards on one square) is illegal, placing all factions traps in your base cause you have joined them all is legal.

I can garuntee you that fully blocking inside a faction base was legal at the time i played. Unless it was changed with all this little hubub with faction changes and such you probibly got a GM that just knows the rule of you cannot fully block cause the except in a faction base exception is all but worthless and never used on any shard but siege.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was making it so it wouldnt cause any lag and mess up the pvp next to krystals house too and was gonna condense some of the floors into tall floors. Anything you could do from the roof of it `you can do now,took like 36 hours of work total so that sucks but thats the brakes. i have developed chars on a couple shards so im evaluating weather i want to play with people so petty. while there are some of you i know for a fact dont exactly play fair but any tactic i may have used has a counter move.as for my house its a shame that ea didnt decide to allow it, i think some of the smaller plot houses could have made some cool designs.

G

Goodah

Well they should start tearing down all the other houses using goza stairs and floors on the prodo shards too then. Send something to GM reviews and post about this on the Homes and Castle forums bro.

Part of the problem with this game is that 95% of the GM's dont know what the hell they are doing.

I

imported_TexasBlack

I think what they did was wrong. You can say what you want but in the end they're true colors shine thru. When you get on the high horse use the system and then brag about how they are glad when someone is down. I have a problem with that. Jeremiah is a great player and he has my respect. The others do not their tactics are questionable. We play on Siege different ruleset that aside the this is lame they're acting like kids in the candy store. Mods where are ya.

G

The house is very cool Jeremiah, but did a GM specifically tell you that you could not build extra levels with the rubble or that you could not build them next to an existing game structure? They are going to need to be clear on this because there is a LOT of rubble, and if they didn't intend people to build with it, maybe they should have thought of it before they released Magincia in stackable pieces to the players. So was the issue the extra layers on the house or the fact that for the particular situation of your house and the proximity to a structure in the game allowed you to target others and not be targeted yourself?

-Skylark

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

When did blocking faction bases become illegal? It is a valid tactic imo. And every attack or defense of a faction base I have been involved in included the defender blocking the base. Where does it say blocking a faction base is illegal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Masu - To be clear, we are talking about completely blocking movement with in game items you cannot walk through. IE.. Bagballs, Candelabras, Crates, etc.

All I can say for sure is that when we were defending sigils against WAKA during one of our earlier sigil sits, we had our base completely blocked. They complained and said it was illegal to completely block. Several in my guild, including myself, checked the faction forum and one of us ended up asking for clarification. Someone there confirmed it was illegal.

When WAKA had the sigils and defended them, they always left a path as well. It wasn't always a clear path, but it was there. We followed suit.

We also did our first harrower with WAKA. Again, they used bagballs to create a defense point in the dungeon we were in. We were told again, this was legal as long as there is a path. Being fairly new here at the time, we took note.

I also recall a thread some 5 or 6 years ago about a guild that used candelabras to completely fill the lower level of Minax base and players complained about it. The community rep at the time [Sannio, I believe], stated that was illegal.

In any case, if an EA rep will confirm in no uncertain terms that it isn't illegal, I will offer an appology to Jeremiah.

To Jeremiah - I was not attempting to get you banned. As I said before, I enjoy having you as an opponent. I was under the impression your actions with the bagballs were illegal.

To anyone else interested -
I wasn't involved in the house issue, nor was my guild. I'm not even sure what all that was about.

I

imported_TexasBlack

Kelmo,I know that EA/Mythic different beast. I was referring to the conduct of the people who are gloating. You know who you are *gargles with saltwater spits* I could be wrong but I doubt it.

A

Azural Kane

As far as I know, full path blocking even in faction bases is illegal as are guard "turrets"... as is using more traps than one is supposed to be able to. Leaving a 1 tile path open is supposed to be legal though, the other stuff isn't.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Kelmo,I know that EA/Mythic different beast. I was referring to the conduct of the people who are gloating. You know who you are *gargles with saltwater spits* I could be wrong but I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]
who gloated?

M

Masumatek

If we were talking about somehow blocking access with unmovable objects I could understand why it would be illegal. But you can pick up/move bagballs and the other objects you mentioned. I do not see why that would be illegal.

I haven't participated in faction base defense/attacks for a long time, but every time I did whether I was attacking or defended the defenders blocked access completely.

As you said, we need an EA rep to tell us if blocking is illegal/legal. And when they do, they need to define what blocking is. This discussion goes beyond factions. To reiterate what I said in my previous post...Would it be illegal to simply block someone against a wall/mountain? You have them pinned down and they can't even move a space. Or block someone in say as example the orc fort? They have movement spaces within the orc fort but the exits are blocked with movable objects....Would it be illegal to barricade a gate? If I cast a gate to trinsie waterfall and someone followed me in, would it have been illegal for me to cast that gate? What if you block someone with an energy field or lock them in place with an energy field? Sure there's ways of getting out, but they may not have those skills/items to get out....there's ways of unblocking faction bases too...you just move the items it's being blocked with. Etc...We need to know if and in what situations "blocking" is illegal and what "blocking" is defined as. Though to me this whole discussion is silly since tactical blocking adds to the game and it'd be a shame for it to be illegal.

G

na masumatek i dont know what factions raids/defends you have been on but for a long long time now its always been general rule on siege that it is illegal to completely block anything off, this includes spawns, faction bases, even houses with lots of items. Doesnt matter if you can or cant pick them up just attempting to block people and forcing them to pick up stuff to do what they are trying to.

M

Masumatek

The base attacks/defenses I participated in was mostly years ago. But even if it is illegal in faction bases, which I disagree that it should be, there are many, many other situations where you can "block" someone in an area or block/lock them to a single tile...again I'd like an EA rep to define what blocking is and what is/isn't illegal.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Mods have no influence with EA/Mythic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pffft liar, we know your on the EA payroll

K

Kat SP

How about putting 125 candelabras into a crate and axing the crate, which creates what looks like 1 candelabra, but is actually 125 on one tile? I could easily do that at a choke point in the SL base on 3 tiles, which would take forever for someone to move. Our front line defense would take them out far quicker than those could be removed.

G

Sorry to hear about your loss man. People like that are one of the reasons I left siege a couple years ago. Alot of attitudes seriously worse then a prodo. I have made my home on pacific its a nice spot where the pvp is fun.

Btw all that stuff is legal inside faction bases always has been and never no word on any changes..

BTW KGB still around?

G

<blockquote><hr>

How about putting 125 candelabras into a crate and axing the crate, which creates what looks like 1 candelabra, but is actually 125 on one tile? I could easily do that at a choke point in the SL base on 3 tiles, which would take forever for someone to move. Our front line defense would take them out far quicker than those could be removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep thats exaclty why its illegal, cause you can do that with 2-3 in a box, or 100+ in a box, and there is no way to tell other than trying to move them.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

BTW KGB still around?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two of us who were KGB , me and Roxxor.

G

So Kgb broke up? happens I guess :p Im bad with names couple years and more than a couple beers lol.

M

Masumatek

So then would it not make sense for it to be illegal to put x+ amount of items in a box and chop it as opposed to it being illegal to completely block period even if you're using only one item per tile? Personally I'd rather attack a completely blocked base with one blocking item per tile than a 99% blocked base with a path of my opponent's choosing surrounded by tiles with 125 blocking items....

G

lol you're hilarious masumatek right back at it arent you nit picking game details.

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

Personally I'd rather attack a completely blocked base with one blocking item per tile than a 99% blocked base with a path of my opponent's choosing surrounded by tiles with 125 blocking items....

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? lol How about with a dexer vs several mages on the other side? You would have zero chance of getting even 1 hit in.

So take a look at this pic which Jeremiah posted earlier. What you cannot see are the faction vendors to the East, with a path through the middle. TB traps are positioned down that path.

There is a double row of traps all the way across, as you can see, 2 of which are no longer revealed. Behind that is a turret with 10 faction guards which are all casters and you can see that the bagballs are completely blocking entry. The dead dragon you see there is one of the new uber dragons, which lasted less than 15 seconds.

As soon as anyone hits those traps, they are hit for roughly 30 pts per trap. If they hit both, thats around 60 HP gone and this happens right in front of 10 faction guards, which = dead. There is absolutely no chance to move more than maybe 1 bagball.. if that.

How would you have gotten past that?

I single handedly killed about 25 faction guards. A guild mate came later to help and we managed to kill roughly that many more. We were able to stat Jeremiah several times, but that never once stopped him from placing more guards. As soon as we got close to killing them off, he was there placing more.

He and I fought back and forth for a couple of hours. I did manage to get in a few times to grab sigils after I statted him in the beginning. He took too long to get back. It was only after he placed the bagballs that I paged the GM and he did that once I had actually had some help arrive.

I understand the tactic and I'm not 100% against blocking, necessarily. Mostly because of where we are playing, but I do believe in balance and fairness. *shrugs*

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I understand the tactic and I'm not 100% against blocking, necessarily. Mostly because of where we are playing, but I do believe in balance and fairness. *shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

just to prove a point i want to show a few pics of turrets i found by just simply gating around to a few towns...no less than 3 turrets placed by a rival faction, as well as a look at how easy it is to get in sl base without being a little creative...especially against new dragons and the like.

first an example of blocking done by other factions before we took control of towns. there are clearly entire passageways blocked as well as a turret at moonglow bank and what appears to be a resource gathering spot complete with blocked in guards placed by evil factions. now these are just ones noone ever got around to taking down i remember the entrance to moonglow being blocked several times.

next well look at the helpless shadowlords base and how unfair it is that they cant place explosion traps.

no less than 4 choke points to place poison traps which reveal you, and a long run back out. 2 of the choke points are 2 tiles wide, while the other 2 and a nice enclosed space are 1 tile wide. so i polaced some vendors. there was a clear path 1 tile wide w/o them up front and a turret with spaces on each side free of vendors to pass. now the vendors are countered fairly easily with refresh pots so my "choke" point is 6 tiles wide effectively at the front. there is an additional choke point in the rear of tb i think 3 tiles wide but you can only place traps up front. once you get past the bridge in tb base its all over, you got thieves logging out and pets inside, not to mention the blue npc's in the back that sometimes get you guardwacked for area spells. plus at your base you can cast field spells at that bridge up front that is like 50 tiles long effectively cutting off any movement in the area so i dont understand the big crying fits to gm's over bagballs that arent even stacked more than a couple sometimes 1 to a tile deep vs. your base that has impassible 1 tile wide choke points?

** guards dont attack you if you have mi on and smokebombs an instant hide anyways**

G

Not sure why it had to go, the building methods were perfectly legal. I had the privilege of seeing it, and even went so far as logging in to KR so that I could zoom out and get the whole thing in one shot. Here it is:

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
shortly after seeing abunch of koc hovering around my housed i had a gm show and say he was getting reports of it causing lag, and anyone that went in it knows that was a lie. i ran a char back and forth around it after every floor i constructed to make sure it wouldnt do just that.besides gozas for the most part dont load until you walk on the steps. you may see a few but not enough to cause lag, and no more than if i had placed them on the floors of the regular levels like i see in tons of houses.
bottom line is they simply wanted to ruin this for me, instead of saying cool house and moving on or better yet do some custom design of their own.i have a feeling if they werent swarmed with pages about mythical lag it would have been left. i guess i won get my cathedral now, but it would have been cool to see some custom houses following my lead instead of ruining it for everyone. of the many houses done with custom floors out there to my knowledge mine is the only one to be taken down.this includes the 8 story xmas tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.