• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Incredible IDOC House - Updated with Pics

C

Cymoril

<center>

<font color=red>T</font color=red>HE <font color=red>I</font color=red>NCREDIBLE <font color=red>I</font color=red>DOC <font color=red>H</font color=red>OUSE!

Day: Thursday 13th March
Time: Falls betwen 8pm and 9:30pm AEST

As some of you know, I am making an exit from UO, so as my last OPEN event, I have a house full of rares and goodies that is going to fall this Thursday 13th March.

I won't tell you where it is, but I will tell you it's currently in a state of decay, and the nearest town is Skara Brae, Trammel. The house is called "This Structure is In Danger of Collapsing" and it's owned by "Oceania Olympics". Find the house and mark a rune, then come back on Thursday night for the fall!

It's up to you whether you want to spread the word once you find it, or keep it to yourself, but it WILL fall on Thursday Night.*

You can see some of the items on display on the ground floor, though there are actually a lot more than that - not all of them are great, but there's certainly enough good bits to go around. On Thursday Night, the house will be made private, and objects will be moved around.

There will be contests and games on the night, which if you win, will help you get better loot when the house falls. More information will be available on-site on the night, so come along to score some loot and have fun!

<center>SEE YOU THERE!</center>
* This will be a "simulated" IDOC - meaning we are going to demolish the house between 8pm and 9:30pm. The house is in decay but is expected to be only "Greatly Worn" when it falls.

S

StarlaUO

Why not put all the items you treasure into bankbox (IDOCers will hate me for suggesting this), you will never know when you will feel like re-activating. If I remember correctly you have a collection of Em books and scrolls
... Anyway, *Waves* and best wishes!

G

She is doing that. Its just her last event not her getting rid of all her stuff

G

Thats almost enough reason for me to log in. Pity I have soccer training on.

C

Cymoril

Yes, like Katlene says, I've kept some things for me. The items at this house were planned for an event long before I decided to quit UO. It was meant to be held on 28th March but I'm bringing it forward

G

Oh! I didn't know you were leaving! I'm always the last to know these things =P So is OPEN stopping too then? Bugger!

Aww man, I'd been looking forward to this too (as you know =P) But I can't possibly be on that late =) Getting up at 4AM means earlier nights (unfortunately! I used to go to bed AT 4AM =P)

Really hope it goes well!

And there *better* be a good report about it on here, so I can enjoy it through the report!

G

Providing my little one allows, mummy Amathist will be there to treasure hunt. At that time she should be slumbering soundly *fingers crossed* so all should be a go.

I will pass the details onto poc guild members also....another fantastic event by Cymmy it truly is a loss for the shard that she is leaving, very sad indeed.

I guess we just have to hope she realises she loves us and comes back.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I won't tell you where it is, but I will tell you it's currently in a state of decay, and the nearest town is Skara Brae, Trammel. The house is called "This Structure is In Danger of Collapsing" and it's owned by "Oceania Olympics". Find the house and mark a rune, then come back on Thursday night for the fall!

It's up to you whether you want to spread the word once you find it, or keep it to yourself, but it WILL fall on Thursday Night.*

[/ QUOTE ]

So has anyone found the IDOCing house yet???....only 3-4 hours to go.

C

Cymoril

I've had a few PMs and so on about how to avoid people placing etc, and there are a few things you should know...

- The items will not be laid out as they are now. They will ALL be in individual bags. Deedable items will be as deeds - no "goodies" will be visible. The house will be private at the time it is falling.

- There will be no benefit to placing a house.
For one, as each item is in its own bag, there are no "chests full of items" etc. Therefore there are no heavy containers etc. Weight is not an issue, and you will still have to do 125 mouse drags to grab 125 items.
Secondly, the high-end items are provided as redeemable tokens. To get these, you pass the token to me and I will pass you the item as named on the token. If you place a house you will be INELLIGIBLE to redeem any tokens.
And finally, there will be plenty of barrels in the house which will prevent you placing even a 7x7 on the plot.

Only a few hours to go!

G

I FOUND IT, I FOUND IT......*GRINS* all the treasure be mine mine mine. *waves around her sword* back back ye scally wags back.

G

I had loads of fun it was kinda like being paparazzi cause every time cymmy came out of the house to speak the crowd would go wild lol.

The house was charged and banged upon till it fell and everyone ran for the spoils.

I am hoping cymmy took some screen shots as there was a nice turn out.

C

Cymoril

haha yes, it was very fun. I have loads of screenies - I'll post some up tomorrow

Thanks to everyone who came, and special thanks to Katlene and Bowie, who both made generous donations to the IDOC house to help make it even better!

G

Looked like fun, shame I couldn't stick around.

Do you have plans for returning to UO at some stage?

G

Cyms away for the weekend.
She said she has no plans on coming back any time soon, but never say never. And possibly will come back if SA ever comes.

C

Cymoril

Ok sorry for the delay - had a lovely computer virus and was away for a few days, as Katlene mentioned.

Here are some pics from the event...

<center>

</center>

G

It was a fantastic event Lady Cymmy, it was sad to think it would be one of the last events you held for Oceania but as usual it was a grand event hosted to perfection by you.

Well done and thank you so very much for the memories. *claps Lady Cymoril*

G

<blockquote><hr>

messy things are ALWAYS more fun teesh!! haha

[/ QUOTE ]

*mud wrestles katlene and then throws a mud ball at teeshy*

Lets get ready to rumble.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much were all those checks for? Seems people went for the box's before em. lolz.

G

they were all 5k. there were 'tokens' for 1m cheques in the boxes