• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Hunt for the 2016 8 Rare Hued Present Boxes!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ah there we go!

added some of out pics to what @MrUber had gotten over on the holiday trading forum.

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can I ask how you guys determine if a box is rare is not? What wizardry is at play here?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shade 1975 is pretty cool would like that with the angel box style, still need time to collect my tokens maybe over the weekend,

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
interesting.

pulled another 2548 and it looks totally different than the other one i have, i even have them on the same shard so i could compare them side by side.
different box type really messed up these ones so they look nothing alike, eh?
just at the bottom of the one they look the same.

Aye, that's just due to the base coloring for the different box types.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Has anyone seen any of the rare colors in an angel box yet?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Has anyone seen any of the rare colors in an angel box yet?
ya MrUber has a 1200 listed on his in a angel box.
pretty damn nice looking too might i add.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
all these years, and finally got my first angel box!
*squees with joy*
and came with my awesome Yew sleigh!!
Oooo a Yew Sleigh! I can't wait to try getting one. I been taking the time to just grab the tokens as much as I can this weekend... but it's slow going.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My results so far (besides getting two named sleighs) Screenshot 2016-12-09 20.30.23.png

Edit: Just got a 2632 box on my latest trade.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll be honest... I used ONE of my tokens so far... got the white tree put it on the roof of my Theatre just to drive Martyna crazy ... Otherwise I haven't felt like bothering... I considered looking but my EXTREME disappointment the time we had rare somethings trying to get one and coming up with only 2 of the 4 rares out of over 900+ characters was a massive disappointment to say the least... I figure if I just don't do anything I'll save myself the grief. Was easier to get all the new items from the Artisan Festival.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant wait to start opening the +400 tokens when i finally gather them all together...must remember to let a good and a bad char split them for presents and coal mix!! on the slieghs

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So far, I've gotten 8 rare boxes out of 157 tokens, and out of 155 sleighs, just two away from the full set of 62 (coal & presents, with named sleighs).

Reactions: THP

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far, I've gotten 8 rare boxes out of 157 tokens, and out of 155 sleighs, just two away from the full set of 62 (coal & presents, with named sleighs).
pretty good return 8 rare box form 157... wow... and to get 60 diff sleighs from 157.. thats kinda very very lucky..methinks... i was thinking id bee lucky out the 380/400 to get a full set of 62...oh well fingers crossed!!!....like the artisian event ...deffo hoping for the full set of colour boxes too.[2-101].. but whats the odds on that out of 350-400 collected....im hope 90% anything better will be a bonus i guess

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i only want Yew sleighs...
and i only want angel boxes.
meh

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My take so far

over 600 tokens used
8 angel box's
*two were rare hues* (one not shown as I gifted it to a good friend. It was hue 1200)
7 regular style box's with rare hues

Had a little fun with the named sleighs (don't ask how many tokens that took, it was a lot! lol)

rare box hue id.jpg

brat sleigh.jpg

Ex's sleigh.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get the different interior for a backpack or is that only enhanced client?

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried every looking thru all the options and I'm missing where I can change the backpack default can anyone pt out where the choice is located

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't belive you can, thier is like a 30 day period of time to obtain the tokens. That's to prevent players from deleting characters and creating new ones for more additional tokens.
Oh I did pick up hue #1088 in the angel style box I will post a pick if i get the time.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can you still get these tokens?

They are no longer available on your characters for logging in. However, many are for sale on vendors on most shards. Just do a vendor search using "2016 token" :)