• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The High Council of Britannia and the Grand Alliance. [Townships and Villages 2.0]

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The High Council of Britannia and the Grand Alliance.

When I penned this proposal I had not anticipated the reigning monarch would be assassinated the following eve. That said I will include changes to the proposal in bold.

I propose this.

Village Program 2.0 Events.

That Queen Dawn - or her Emissariat Ashmole - begin visiting the townships under her rule. (i.e. Golden, Berg, et. al.) She might do this to strengthen ties with her subjects and request the aid of her followers against the Bane Chosen / Minax / Separatists and Rogue Cascan Agents.

I propose that Captain Jenkins - or whomever emerges as the Transitional Leader of the Britannian Government - begin visiting the Britannian Townships to strengthen ties with the Britannians and request their aid in these dire times. Some Governments - i.e. the Merchants of Vesper - might in fact seek to gain power in the vaccum that had emerged. Britannia should be descending into Chaos.

Conflict being the basis of good fiction, events over the next month should reflect that. We on the RPer end will attempt to represent that in our own interactions and fiction.

That the Queen or Ashmole begin visiting the Townships and Kingdoms outside her rule to establish diplomatic ties and secure important allies against the Bane Chosen. (See the Grand Alliance.)

With the Death of the Queen and the growing strength of the Infernal Horde it might be imperitive that the Sosarian Kingdoms (I no longer call them 'Independant' since to suggest it suggests that these Kingdoms - Dawn, Ter Mur and Zento - are native reservations rather than True States) unite in a Grand Alliance against the Virtue Bane.

That Gideon begin visiting the Sosarian Kingdoms - i.e. The Kingdom of Fierce, Hearthfire Haven, and Horseshoe Isle - seeking to make important allies and reestablish his Blackrock Smuggling Trade while the Britannians are preoccupied with the Bane Chosen.

I mention the aforementioned townships since these are the ones closest in association with the ongoing Capture the Fortress Arc.

That those Villages and Kingdoms who align themselves with the Queen and Britannia receive occasional threats and chaotic mini-Invasions announced in Global Chat.

That those who stand with the Kingdom of Britannia be offered a Banner to be placed somewhere in their Township - perhaps next to their Township Monument - declaring their Allegience.

This is based on EMSeppo's suggestion that each Monument or Banner share something in common. It would allow Townships to implement such a common theme in their banner - perhaps the Serpent Crest or the Britannian Standard - without forcing the Free Sosarian Kingdoms to adopt it.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: The High Council of Britannia and the Grand Alliance. [Townships and Villages 2.0

Village Program 2.0 - The High Council

I propose that - in light of recent events - the Queen call for the reformation of the Great Council. This Council will be based on the Great Council of Ultima Prime.

See the Codex of Editable Wisdom - The Great Council.

The Council will possess One Seat for each participating RPC Village under Britannian rule. (i.e. Golden and Berg.)

However it would not be prudent - IC - for the Queen to form a Parliment that includes the RPC Villages and not Major Lore Cities. (e.g. Vesper and Serpents Hold.) I therefore propose Eight Seats be reserved for the Britannian Canon Cities. People who are interested in participating in the Governing and RP Aspects of the Kingdom of Britannia - but who do not have a Township to call their own - would be allowed to run for such Office.

The requirement would be that character would need to live near the Lore Township.

The Council Members would take the Silver Serpent as their Crest. This might include the 'Britannian Standard' (2nd Year Reward Banner) being worn over Councilmens Doors. Banners can be purchased and donated to those unable to purchase them for themselves.

The Cities of Luna, Umbra, Delucia and Papua would not be represented due to their Status as Independent Kingdoms. Nor would Ver Lor Reg, Lakeshire, Ter Mur or Zento.

Elections would be held once each Equinox. (Or Solstice.)

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: The High Council of Britannia and the Grand Alliance. [Townships and Villages 2.0

Village Program 2.0 - The Sosarian Kingdoms and the Grand Alliance

I propose - based on the Declaration made at the Convocation of Defenders - that a Grand Alliance of Sosarian Kingdoms be formed in opposition to Virtue Bane.

The Grand Alliance would be united in their mutual faith in Virtue and the Light.

The Queen would be the Ceremonial Head of the Grand Alliance. (Or the Britannian General.) However in practice each State - Ter Mur, Dawn, Zento, Fierce, Shieba, Zanthes, et. al. - would have an equal status.

The separation of these two councils achieves a number of objectives and solves numerous problems.

It for one allows one group to RP and participate in the Governance of Britannia. But at the same time it allows those groups who will never be part of Britannia - the Sosarian Kingdoms - or those antagonistic to the Britannian Crown to participate in their own sphere of influence. It is the best of both.

Both Councils should have the support of the Event Moderators but would not be their sole domain. A Council could meet in session even if the Event Moderator did not plan it or was unable to attend. The Event Moderator however would be the character who represents the Britannian Crown and the Capitol of the Realm.