• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Greatest Role Players on Sonoma

TheUsualSuspect

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering about role playing and thought, who are some of the best most memorable role players ever to grace Slownoma. I know one whom I thought was female for the longest time because he played female so damn well, and no I didn't try to hit on him/her/it whatever. And before people jump to conclusions he was not of the adoring same sex variety either not that it matters, anyway besides the point... Who would you pick and why?

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhh good topic.

There have bee a number of exceptionly good RPers over the years that I have had the pleasure of knowing.

Cice Havaris of B^G, he RPed a miltary leader very well. I miss this goober.

Thraximus ZOG!(Yep thats right Zog!) He has RPed one of sonomas best(as in most disliked?) bad guys for years now. He excels in it.

Lich Lord Vecna/Lich Soulstealer of =G= The undead lich army. This guy was a top notch RPer and was one of the best RPed lichs I have ever seen. Expect to see this char around again soon, I am considering reactivating those accounts.
All guild members of DP(including myself). if you had the pleasure of knowing this great group of people you should feel honored. DP was around for a very long time, we use to patrol all fel dungeons and ask for a fee to hunt in the dungeons. The fee was only 1k and if you paid you were granted free reign and protection from others. DP was by far one of my most favorite guilds to be a part of.

There really are too many to list. Sonoma has had some really good RPers over the years. If I had to choose id pick the gang of DP. We were good at what we did and rarely strayed from character. I had good times being the Guardian Of Destard =D

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soulstealer/Vecna definitely one of if not the best RPer on Sonoma.

Thrax on the other hand...guess he was an alright rper. I was actually in Zog back when it was fresh. Left when he started becoming a not so pleasant fellow and downright paranoid.

W

Wendy Risk

Galad of lut! Evil verson of corse :p
Thrax of corse he is the best. Thrax was not parnoid every thing he says is a fact why else would he be Sonoma's most hated Rper?
Harmony of DP WOW! She was great.

Kaneda Ibashi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few I remember in no particular order;
Morthius of WL
Morgan La fay/Namorita
Denlor Darkblade
Kaylin and Rand Al Thor

Im leaving out quite a few but if I didn't I probably would go on for awhile.....

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How could I forgot Galad! After DP disbanded I joined that good old band of theives. Those were also good times. Galad was so entertaining.

Come to think of it, I have been in a lot of previously well known and liked guilds.

Now im guildless. Poor hunter.

T

ThraximusZog

There is a massive list but here are the top 5 I can think of:

1. Thraximus Zog
2.Vecna/Soulstealer
3.Grunk the Half Orc
4.DragonReborn
5.Sir Scott (though in his later years he dropped the ball like everyone else)

I could prob name 500 people here but I don't have the time...I am busy doing ZOG stuff to make the game fun for my peeps.

also thanks for finally unbanning me, tell Joraom Soulrift hi for me lol

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also remember a person named Zeromous that RPed 100% of the time. He was a interesting fellow.

How about Miraz! Deathrage! All of the NuBs!

You couldnt help but luagh at Miraz whenever he walked into the room in his just god awefull clothing with that stupid jester hat.

Unfortunetly Joram is no longer around. He poped in the forums about 3 months ago but he has not come back since. He was one of the best hunting partners I ever had. Miraz was also a really good partner. Unfortunetly he ussualy ended up getting me killed.

T

ThraximusZog

Old Miraz of PAS...him and Corron Hood perhaps started the wars between PAS and ZOG..they RP like a goat.

S

StMicheal

Dor is in the top two. He has been fooling you all for years eh.
The number one though has to be BOAminer, He is in two or three Main guilds right now and everyone believes him to be female.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as a FYI stmicheal Dor is a female.

And yes Dor is indeed one of the best rpers sonoma has ever had.

T

ThraximusZog

Dor aka Rod, not sure who the other guy is though...he must be a nobody.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pluffina already wins. Give that women a house to decorate and she could do anything with it. Only problem is if you didnt specify no pink the whole house would be pink =D

T

ThraximusZog

Ole Pluff, I still have some of her items I think. She was a fun stratics reporter and story teller, as was Lady Rose and Thraximus Zog

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Harmony of DP, who was a thief with a speech impediment. I only seen her come out of RP mode one time in about 3 years.

H

Horizon

Pup Barlycorn was always in character and rp'd to the point that you felt you were insulting him if you didn't rp with him.

B

Bc-

Wow I was actually just coming here to ask if NecroLyte was still around, need to get in touch with him.. but it doesn't look like it.

The best RPers of all time on Sonoma, from my point of view, were without a doubt The Blood Clan. I never got to know a lot of the Rpers on this shard outside Harlequin, The Warlords, Damien Creel, Dor and BLD.. so my scope is very narrow. But I did fight against BLD for many years, and then alongside on SP. I don't think I ever saw Grunk break character in game, he would even find time during a fight to throw out the occasional comment. Ruknar the Orc was also a strong element of BLD, but he had a bit more of an angry side :p

Llew and Glendor rounded out a human side to the guild and were both great guys that I enjoyed talking to after fights.

Glendors stories were a great addition to the server, anyone who has not viewed them should go here now and read on:

http://www.pusateri.org/blood/pictures.htm

This is my favourite, this was week one of the first BLD/SAS war, and Rivan decided to gate us into the middle of about 10-15 BLD + healers in Vesper bank :) As you can see, we didn't to well.. but if you look closely, we made sure we took Grunk down with us :D This would have been around June? 98.. I can't remember exactly when rep patch came in.

The FOA stories are the best done on Sonoma, that was a pretty cool story line to follow as well. I wish that we would have had more time to declare war on each other, then battles would have been even more epic.. back in those days you had to either search through a guild listing, in random order, of every guild on the server to declare, or target a member of the opposing guild.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe...Wasnt even in the SS...but makes me remember the good ole times before trammel...the really sad part is that now days could ask some players where the SS was taken and alot would not even know....I can tell just by the layout of that building...Vesper Bank...

T

ThraximusZog

Who could forget Damien Creel!! The only Sonoma High end gambler that would do weekly Million dollar dice roll games with me (back then a mil was worth a lot).

BLD, WL, Kain Hellbane and all those crazy cool players... some of the best guilds iv ever been in (BESIDES ZOG). My older guild HRE was fun also..very RP