• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The First Bank of Britain (WBB)

F

Fink

Just noticed this arcane circle this morning..

..the beginnings of our bank makeover?

According to what I've read about other shards, the circle should give up to level 6 arcane focus.

S

siyeng0

As far as I recall, Draconi said he was doing the banks in alphabetical order; I think he's only up to C or D, so we won't be seeing a makeover in a while. But he also said that all shards would be getting a special arcane circle, so it wouldn't surprise me if he decided to duck around and get those all done to avoid the inevitable "You said every shard would get an arcane circle but WE DON'T HAVE ONE YET~" posts.

Although it would be cool if they had the order scrambled and we got ours early.

K

Katlene

there isnt very many after us in alphabetical order lol.
but arcane circles were the main thing people wanted in the bank makeovers. so popping around to each shard and putting one there will at least stem the why isnt our bank done yet sooks.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recent statement said they would add an arcane circle to all shards soon guess soon came. As to when we get our bank fully done i suspect 2010 though when sa is out for all to play perhaps draconi will have more spare time to get it all done up.. though i doubt that will probably be fixing bugs with sa until 2020.

F

Fink

As long as it's taking, I think Draconi's to be commended for using what scant spare time he must have right now (beta, etc) to work through them all.

That said, I think EA really need to put an intern on it & spare one of their main developers from basic custodial work, or at least hire a casual/temp from their pool of former employees, someone who knows deco, to handle it. I wonder how much more stuff wouldn't get done if not for people volunteering their free time.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need to hastle him on Facebook. :) He's replied to the 3 PM's I've sent so far.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As long as it's taking, I think Draconi's to be commended for using what scant spare time he must have right now (beta, etc) to work through them all.

That said, I think EA really need to put an intern on it & spare one of their main developers from basic custodial work, or at least hire a casual/temp from their pool of former employees, someone who knows deco, to handle it. I wonder how much more stuff wouldn't get done if not for people volunteering their free time.

Aye well, generally I am totally disappointed in the whole thing. If and when they ever get around to Oce you/we should be getting one of these (3 I think):

http://www.spellweave.com/wbbrenovation3.html

It has been close to 5 months since I was advised of 'winning'. Given they have only got to part way through 'C' and that NONE of the shards have actually been given the promised 'prize' for the competition (ie builds on tram and fel) I am really not holding my breath anymore. While I don't care particularly if the ever do fel, it would of been nice to at least have seen tram done.

While I commend Draconi for doing it I also get really aggravated as they KNEW of SA and all other commitments they had prior to advertising anything to do as a competition. If they didn't have any 'plan' or 'preset time allocated' to actually provide the prizes then why did they even bother?

It really does smack of false advertising. :(

F

Fink

I wonder if they'll add a public soulforge to that or will those be restricted to SA-areas only to encourage the use of the newer areas. If the latter, then it sort of defeats the purpose of dressing up WBB.