• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) The Druids' Vineyard-Date corrected Thursday August 24 - 8PM Eastern

*looks up*

Oh!

You startled me! You are early… we don’t open until next week. This? Oh you noticed this? Of course, you did. How could you not. It’s beautiful, isn’t it?

What is it??!! Forgive me. How could you know. This is a rare Yew Silverleaf grapevine. Very difficult to cultivate. The monks? At the abbey? *laughs* I wouldn’t let them near this vine. Have you tasted their swill? *looks disgusted* Really… I mean... go to their vineyard. I dare you to find and pick a decent wine grape from their entire crop. I suppose their mass produced “wine” is ok for those in Britain or Trinsic, but for Yew? Never.

How did I grow it? Ah, that is the secret. You can keep a secret, can’t you? It’s all about location. I tried for over a decade to grow these vines in Yew proper. But the soil has been overworked and poorly managed in much of the area. There are decent farmlands nearer to Skara Brae, but the aquifer is different there. This hybrid is very particular. It needs water from Yew. They used to say that the underground springs drew their sweet taste as they passed beneath the cave of love. Now, I don’t know if this is true, but the grapes don’t flourish without it. So, I kept moving east, tasting the water as I went, looking for the sweetest taste that makes you forget all thirst with one sip and yet makes you desire even more, and here, in the no man’s land between Yew and Minoc, I have found a shallow spring, with the perfect water.

Aye, I agree! I intend to petition the governor of Yew to extend her gracious leadership and protection further east. This well, these vines, they belong in Yew. And if here is where they flourish, Yew must follow.

A sample? Oh no, too soon. You can't rush such a wonderful flavor....but, if you like, we are holding a tasting in 2 days You are most welcome to join us.

The Druids’ Vineyard
East Yew (65° 24’ N 70° 39’ E)
August 24, 8PM Eastern

Last edited: