• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The Dark Lady's 2v2 Tourney

• Thread starter Nightly Spirit
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Nightly Spirit

So there was some talk of a 2v2 pvp tournament at a recent baja event. Mesanna stated she wanted to get a feluccian to train a trammie on pvping skills. Winners would recieve a specially hued dread mare.

What I believe is 2 great pvpers will join and one will state they are from trammel so it will be unfair in the end. Also what about people who dont have a tamer? How would they hold this creature? I would of much rather seen her finish off her shard tours before starting anything new, but maybe thats just me. Your thoughts?

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So there was some talk of a 2v2 pvp tournament at a recent baja event. Mesanna stated she wanted to get a feluccian to train a trammie on pvping skills. Winners would recieve a specially hued dread mare.

What I believe is 2 great pvpers will join and one will state they are from trammel so it will be unfair in the end. Also what about people who dont have a tamer? How would they hold this creature? I would of much rather seen her finish off her shard tours before starting anything new, but maybe thats just me. Your thoughts?
I like that she is trying to do something for pvp, those mares are awesome looking.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to pick one up on any of the shards I play. I am a trammie, I swear!

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

not directed to OP but have rares forums changed to tamer forums without informing Athelas and the rest of us.

The increase in threads regarding animals is incredible.

Regards
The Scandinavian

N

Nightly Spirit

Hi there,

not directed to OP but have rares forums changed to tamer forums without informing Athelas and the rest of us.

The increase in threads regarding animals is incredible.

Regards
The Scandinavian
Seeing that there is to only be 2 of these given, I would consider more rare than anything.

N

Nightly Spirit

mmm, well I would still consider it to be a rare. I was unaware that there was a another thread on these in Uhall.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 per shard is correct. But ya wanta bet that the same two - four people wind up with them all, across all the American Shards?
Actually you tend to find each timezone has its dominant pvp guild. What you will find is the same 10-15 guys will get all of them in north america. 2 guys SHOULD get the 4 euro dreads.

The rules mesanna spoke of indicate she has no idea how pvp is conducted though... Unfortunately that stems from EA's continual failure to grasp how changes impact pvp and what players consider to be pvp. Archers and Melee Characters are viewed as over powered and requiring less skill because they excel in 1v1 style pvp, do huge amounts of damage, are easier to build suits for but most importantly, are less dependent on player skill than other templates.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if we saw more than a few upsets where trammies or pvpers that are considered to be terrible winning fights and getting these.