• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Countdown Has Started!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am sure we can brainstorm some ideas for you all to chew on. I'll start with incription since that is one of my favorite skills, yet has not seen an update in forever.

For inscription, I would like to see an update that increases both the benefit to the crafting products produced by a scribe and the combat affects of the skill. At 120 inscription, I think there should be another SDI bump (another 1% for every skill point over 100 for PvM; PvP bump can be debated), and increased CF. Reactive Armor and Magic Resist should also see a bump. For the crafting side, I want to see scribes create powerful spellbooks. They should scale in power up to the number of mods and intensity as can be created with a valorite hammer or barbed runic kit. This should include the ability to choose some options similar to reforging. For example, I would love to have an Arcane Spellbook of Aegis with mods similar to the overcapped mods from reforging. You could employ the reforging or imbuing systems to help with crafting creation. One thing that is important for spellbooks is slayers. You should make these selectable (like imbuing). Also, consider adding the talisman slayer groups (i.e. Vermin, Mage, Fire, Ice, etc).

One thing I would like to see is a means to craft talismans. I am not sure which skill this would fall into, but likely tinkering with a support skill (maybe a choice of inscription or alchemy). It would be great to have a means to custom build these with a reforging or imbuing like menu. Of course intensities would need to be scaled to be about as powerful as the Mana Phasing Orbs or the new Talismans introduced in Pub 86.

And while we're talking crafting, I would very much like to see a basic elven glasses or gargish glasses introduced to the game that we can imbue/reforge. I very much like the look of glasses (particularly on gargs) and often times the Library rewards glasses don't fit the needs of modern suits.

Hopefully, Kronix, that starts to get you thinking about inscription with some other thoughts on talisman and glasses.
I am chomping at the bit for something to use up reagents like magery did in the pre-LRC days. Inscription seems like a likely candidate!