• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) The Common Man's Thought Process

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Abhy, distraught with the corrupt news articles doing their best to cover up what is a huge continent wide scandal, was running out of options. They are trying to turn it in to a he said/she said scenario. In which case, nothing ever gets resolved.

It simply leaves the actual events as an afterthought and an open interpretation of each person's opinion as actual truth. This is not enough, he thought to himself.

Picture proof from an someone other than myself wasn't enough. Picture proof that I have done the actual research myself isn't enough. What else can be done?

Abhy wracked his brain for hours. What to do... What to do... What would a common man think of this? Then it hit him. WHAT WOULD A COMMON MAN THINK??!!

Abhy quickly got together all the orginal photos and evidence he has acquired from the previous events. He then threw in both versions of the blatant newspaper lies and added them in. He quickly scribbled down a note, placed it all in a packet and sealed it all up.

He walked in to Felucca Yew and met with the town crier. He gave the letter to her and some gold coin and walked off feeling somewhat better. "If anyone can prove it, it is him..." Abhy thought to himself walking back home.

Hours later there is a knock on his hideout door. Peeking outside, he sees a strange man in a cloak. He cracks the door... "Yes?" Abhy says. "Is there a Lord Lox that resides at this residence?" the shadowy figure blurts out. "Who asks?" Abhy replies. "My lord does. I have a letter." he sets the letter down, mumbles a few words that Abhy didn't understand and POOF. Nothing remained but the shroud on the ground.

"Excellent!!" Abhy exclaims, quickly grabbing the letter from the ground and running inside. He vigorously opens it and begins to read the contents...

"The common man's thought process"

As an outsider, I see and hear things differently than someone directly involved. I have but a care in the world. I don't live on Minoc. I don't have a governor. Hell, the true king is dead to me. (Long live Lord Dupre!!) So things like this would normally never affect me. But, a packet of information shows up at my doorstep, with some deeply concerning news.

Who are you? Why do I care? You as a reader are saying to yourself. I wouldn't care either. We are in the same boat. Throw this paper away. Go on with your day. Do as you please. I won't stop you...

Just be aware the next time you see someone running past you at lightspeed, or a monster sends you into twilight when you are hundreds of yards away and still being struck with multiple spells, know that I won't care about you either... Because this is your warning....

As I stated, I care not of Minoc. Or Cotton. Or the king. Or of UHOH. Or of Lox. I care about this white substance. I will not bore you with my qualifications, but this white substance is the root of evil. Well, gold is the root of all evil... This white substance is his little brother...

Sparing too many mundane details, Lox and I go way back. Not on good terms either. I've killed the man. Many times. Or so I thought...

He returned the favor... Also.. Many.. Times.. But we have grown respect for each other. He knows my capabilities. This must be why he figured this would interest me... And it did.

Are you still reading? Good. Did I mention I don't care about your politics? Good. Remember that.

This white substance... It acts as a speed modifier. I've seen it a few times in my lifetime. Back when the lord needed an extra something to take over Britain. It was there. Back when McManus and the revelation happened. It was there. Back when Lady Minax was attempting to take the land. It was there. Back when they killed my Lord King Dupre...

You get the point. Every major event, the white powder was there. And this frightens me.

I have had no dealings with the current king... I heard he died... Several times. I heard he was a robot... Yeah. Whatever. But if any semblance of this man, being who they say, and the white powder... He will know of it. And I believe this scares him too.

These small town politics are futile. In my detective days, I would say the newspaper is a farce and poke it apart with the many strands of obvious falsified information within. The sailor was drunk, and didn't notice the white crates before and after? Why didn't he report this? Maybe he's the culprit.

Another trade minister? Aren't you all on the same team? Some city council Minoc has there, throwing each other under the horse and cart. Maybe Eartha is guilty. Or being blackmailed to keep her job. Or maybe working on a promotion and Rosemarie is jealous. Or maybe Rosemarie has her own agenda and wants Eartha ousted? All easily picked apart.

And what about this reporter? 2 major events happen right "after" he fell asleep from drinking too much? A known alcoholic passing out this early in the day? And a secret meeting going on right outside the very Tavern they are passed out in? How about an interview with Eartha? Or Ben the Necro/Alchemist who is in the tavern mixing Talos knows what?! And not even attempting to get a comment from Cotton? On anything? But... I am no longer a detective.. And personally I don't care...

But, I will be conducting my own investigations about this powder. While minor squabbles in the town of Minoc are breaking out, we could be on the cusp of another timeline striking event. See why I hate politics? Lets worry about our town and money... But not care as the world falls into flames around us... As long as we don't get burnt...

Beware of the white powder. If you find it, discard it immediately. Don't use it. Don't give it away to ANY POWERS to be. It makes you mad... It makes you crazy... It makes you fast... Very fast...

Abhy puts down the packet and is in shock... "What the hell is going on? What is Cotton, his town, and his guild of "TOKE" up to with this white powder... That explains why they haven't been in Felucca lately.... And that scares me..." he thinks to himself. He quickly makes a few copies of the letter he received and runs out the door to distribute it to the public...

Last edited:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*non-rp response* I do enjoy that I have got you guys heavily involved in the RP side of things. */end non-RP response*

I have nothing more to add at this time. Your accusations are completely made up. I cannot prove I didn't do something. However, I can and will continue to direct my staff and myself to investigate, and see how we can prove you and your associates in Jhelom and UHOH are responsible for the creation and distribution of this substance. As well as the attempted framing of a popular, successful, and law abiding Governor. 3 days you publish nonsense, how many more days of this will we get? I find it greatly entertaining. I look forward to some more of your pure lies to be distributed.

This is the response from the Jhelom Governor:
This isn't governor material. This seems to be a man consumed by this white substance that makes you act 'insane' as you say. These are challenging times we find ourselves in.