• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The CEO seltzer round

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So last night I was thinking, as Bonzo kept talking and getting hurt from the beginning, that maybe he should talk less so he can concentrate on not losing laff. Because up til the CEO was orange I had only taken one hit, and that was me not getting off the table in time (I was the CEO's target last night, in case y'all didn't notice).

I may have been right for more reasons than just his concentration. I didn't have any ghost hits until soupandquackers started whispering to me to find out how we were doing. The entire duration of our whisper session, I took 5 ghost hits, and we didn't talk that long.

I had restarted teh comp right before we went in and I turned off all IM and VoIP programs, so I had no reason whatsoever to lag. No one in the battle was hit harder than Bonzo, and no one in the battle talked nearly as much as he did (if at all). Considering half the time I lag when I talk anyway by 1/2 second, I'm willing to bet my jellybean bank that if we all keep quiet (even in whisper) our latency will disappear. Well at least the latency that's causing the ghost hits.

Thoughts?

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Thinking back I have to agree. I know at first I took quite a bit of damage trying to figure out what I was doing. But while I was taking snacks I was dodging without a hit until someone whispered to me. thats when I took 2 different ghost hits.

Personally when I am in battle with any one of the boss bots I usually try to stay quiet because I am concentrating on what I am doing. Last nights VP was a little different cause i was helping my brother. But for the most part I speak when spoken too(when I get around to answering).

One thing I did notice was depending when you jump off the table you can miss the hit completely. during the first half I don't know if I took any odd hits. But in the second half after everyone got together for that unite(thanks a million) I didn't have any problems. Any and all hits were the normal 15. And it was never a Ghost.

"hint" If you jump and run left you dont get hit when he says fore! The CEO has a severe left handed hook. So looking at him when you jump just make a left.

G

Granjell

Another trick is to jump ONTO a table just after he says Fore! -- you won't take a hit then either, and can start filling again. I think there was an immediate -15 the very first time he called it, but otherwise I avoided getting hit pretty well until later on when he targeted me with gears and did double damage. The other tactic that I used was to hit the snacks belts in between changing tables, to grab what may have otherwise fallen off, to keep myself tooned. If someone else was there, then I just found a new table.

The other idea I had last night was that when everyone huddles up to use a unite, he targets the group and everyone loses laff. I thought maybe if the group headed to the opposite side, by the fireplace, maybe he wouldn't??? Just a thought.

S

Steveo

Last night I mainly kept my laugh above 75. I did not talk but twice. I only said this way to use my two max toonup unites. I only took 1 or 2 ghost hits. And yes trish you were his favorite toon last night. I also noticed that when he said fore i jumped on a table and did not take a hit so marge you are right I think. So maybe we need to go in and not chat while we are in the seltzer round and see if we take any ghost hits. I believe we used 2 max tu and 2 40's. It was very interesting for me.

F

Fangs McWolf

Thoughts?
I've gotten a couple of ghost hits even when I wasn't talking or being spoken to. First one (possibly) was when I was on the table, I got hit for -30 which seemed odd to me. Should have only been -15 I believe. But I need someone to confirm that.

Anyways, I got hit for -15 just as he was yelling "Fore!", and that startled me and so I got hit for another -15. That first one being the ghost hit. Not saying that the talking isn't a factor, just that there may be something else that triggers it as well.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could be whispers in general. "An invasion has begun!" "The Number Cruncher invasion has ended!" and etc, or whispers from friends even if you don't talk back. The more I think about it, the more I realize it doesn't really matter. I am down to one 80 and one max tu (and a bunch of 10s lol). I can NOT do another CEO until they fix this.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Well I am all for VP, CFo and CJ battles so I can catch up my suit with some of you all. My VP has much to be desidred. and being a lvl 5 penny pincher has gotten me shuffled out of the elevator a time or 2. (with randoms)

F

Fangs McWolf

and being a lvl 5 penny pincher has gotten me shuffled out of the elevator a time or 2. (with randoms)
Think of it as not a rejection of you, but in saving you the grief of playing with those who have no idea of how to tell a good player from a bad one.
:danceb:

S

SSniffleslam

Well, here's how mine went, I got 3 random -15's for absolutely nothing, I wasn't talking or whispering - and since we were in an empty district there weren't any whispers from TT regarding cog invasions and the like. I only had a couple of friends online at that point, and I wasn't paying close attention, but I don't think it was when they came online/went offline/whispered or anything. I also took a couple of -30's when he aimed directly for me (two -15's in a row when there should have only been one...). I got down to 30 laff before the unite and he was picking on me in the very beginning until he switched to trish. After that, I was fine. I'm not sure what the ghost in the machine is, but I agree that it's not worth it. I doubt I'll be back until whatever is wrong gets fixed.

Thanks to all who came though...we made it..except for bonzo...and all of that for ONE Pink Slip!!! UGH!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One pink slip - meh.

One more win toward maxing - woohoo!

H

Holocog

What happened when i was at 66 laff

SF is coming online
SF: tried to visit you

I got ran over by the CEo and I said "you stink" then he backtracked and ran over me again

I run over to get snacks then
sf:how are you doing
me on table:Sorry peaches, imm in ceo
SF:Thats nice, wanna cfo?
I took a ghost hit and I was in the 30's then I get another ghost hit which puts me really low. I got some snacks, then he hits me again and im at 11. so I run to get snacks, and i get to 14 laff and TRish says this way lets use TU. I run over and the Ceo yells fore and there were too many golf balls headed for us and i couldnt dodge them. I get het and trish uses Tu unite. So I go sad with 40 laff.Oh well, my fault anyway. I was talking alot.:danceb:

F

Fangs McWolf

sf:how are you doing
me on table:Sorry peaches, imm in ceo
SF:Thats nice, wanna cfo?
Gee, some friend you have. "I'm in CEO" - "That's nice, want to CFO?"

Um, didn't I just say I was in the CEO? How about you wait until I'm done with the CEO first and THEN ask me that? It's almost like saying "Oh you're not doing anything, you should come and do this with me then."

or another example...

SF: "Hey what's up?"
me: "Sorry I have to go, my kid just fell down a flight of steps, busted his head open and I think broke his arm."
SF: "That's nice, wanna CFO?"

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

That is funny.

True events for me and my son March 31st tho.

But I agree. What a great friend to keep buggin you when your in battle.

BTW. fractured skull and forearm healed awesomely. :thumbsup:

F

Fangs McWolf

True events for me and my son March 31st tho.

BTW. fractured skull and forearm healed awesomely. :thumbsup:
Sorry to hear that your son suffered something like that. I do apologize if there was any offense taken, as my intention was to put a real light onto the matter with a touch of humor to it.

But I agree. What a great friend to keep buggin you when your in battle.
Not only that but in distracting that one player, they are bugging the team. When you go into a 4-man CFO for example, you are expecting that the other 3 players are going to concentrate on craning and stomping. If 1 of those stompers gets distracted, then a goon might give them a hit before they can stomp it, meanwhile the craner was expecting that goon to be stunned, grabs it and it drops before they can hit the CFO with it, then suddenly, wild goon that has to be hunted down and while going after that one (which could incidentally shed some light on the craner), another goon or two may come out of the hatch. If that craner gets hit with the light, then they have to get back onto the crane (or another crane), during which time the CFO might get stunned from the other players, then suddenly, that 1 craner who could have been throwing safes is instead losing precious time from being hit with a goon light.

Yeah, that's a bit far fetched, but it's a rather reasonable example of how distracting a player on purpose for something like that can be rude to not only the friend, but also the other team players.

Way it should have gone would be for the SF to have said "Ok, good luck." and shut up after that. Either that or "Let me know when you're out." That's if they say anything at all.

S

soupandquackers

sorry about the bump but im a believer of the ghost hit now. I was talking to a sf and got ghost hit, the ceo threw gears and it took out 30 instead of 15. Later i tried to jump off the table and i couldn't get off and i got hit with golf balls. Someone whispered yikes to me and i got ghost hit again so i alt f4'ed as quick as i could.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NP for the bump :) And may I say.. I'm glad you're a believer LOL, you were the one that keeps convincing me it's gotta be something on the user's end since you weren't having problems.

S

soupandquackers

lol i went from 130 to 30 in no time flat so i had to get out of there.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

No offense was taken nor implied. I was just making a coincidential mention. Besides my son is doing great. He was upset for a month cause he couldn't ride his motorcycle. But not great loss.

As I stated in many many posts. The stratics members are great. You guys make me feel welcome and important. You guys are great.

S

Squeaker

Well - I finally did a ceo after many weeks! SF invited me with a group of her friends and she was the only one I could talk to. Only one other big cheese and the rest were all very small suits. She disconnected after the cog round so I have no idea how this went for the rest of them... Seven of us kept on going!

Nothing exciting really! The other six talked incessently and I had quite a few whispers. Which I did not respond to - sorry! They used three tu unites; although I was only down to about 80 twice and 60 once, I did take them. No ghost hits on my part. The hits I took were my own fault. Sometimes I can be a bit stubborn and I wanted to get the line to at least four!

I'll get my options sometime and see if it works again. My goal is 5 more cfo's before Sunday! Oh - and the dreaded 8900 bux....

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm that sounds promising. Anyone not going to Ugly's event wanna try again on Thursday?

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CEO?

What time on Thursday? I'm desperate for our 1st win. I want to make it at least to Flunky level 2. :loser:

Someone told me I needed to max Sell and Cash first but Bonzo and Granjell said I didn't need to so off I went with Bonzo and randoms. I was terrible at the Seltzer round. Hello toes!

Second time, my husband tried it with the golf balls. We lasted long enough to see the CEO red. Then while we were getting toon up, a series of fores hit us leaving us lower than when we started. The group called for a toon-up unite but we missed it and ended up in the playground again.

S

soupandquackers

im might have to pass up on ugly's event with soup, so i can ceo with jelly, it seems i cant get on with half decent people anymore so ill be going to that instead,

sorry ugly wrinkleflip

S

Steveo

If Joe would not mind changing his time to 9pm est time then I would be glad to CEO with everybody. I have noticed that the numbers for the CEO are going up so maybe its fixed or maybe not, we shall see.

K

Kippy

I Have noticed that whispers DO cause ghost hits!

I have been telling you guys for ages..... Teamspeak!!!
I did 3 CEO's yesterday, we used 2 max and an 80 unite total.
We were all on Teamspeak, so no chat, think about it :thumbsup:

L

Little Sadie

I Have noticed that whispers DO cause ghost hits!

I have been telling you guys for ages..... Teamspeak!!!
I did 3 CEO's yesterday, we used 2 max and an 80 unite total.
We were all on Teamspeak, so no chat, think about it :thumbsup:
Why would you need any unites if no one chatted? Is there still something going on in the ceo that still needs unites to be used? Chanty, I have ceoed plenty of times with you and we never needed unites. So what problems caused you to need to use so many last night if everyone was on TS? I want to be prepared. LOL!

L

Little Sadie

I can CEO at 8pm on Thursday. Don't know if I will bring a big or little toon. It all depends on Chanty's answer! LOL! I have tu unites on Feline and Atta so will probably be one of them anyway.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

TO all whome it may CONCERN.

If were gonna CEO Thursday then I will be more then happy to change the time for the VP. I want to work on my Boss growth as well. So if this is better let me know.

Going to other thread to change time just in case.

S

Steveo

Its fun going on a CEO run with Trish, somehow the CEO loves to chase her. So the rest of us can use the seltzer while trish runs around the room. Well, Joe changed the time so count the green headed crazy monkey to be there. :danceb:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its fun going on a CEO run with Trish, somehow the CEO loves to chase her. So the rest of us can use the seltzer while trish runs around the room.
You know.. no. I'm gonna make a new thread on this. Stay tooned! LOL

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

If you have room for a redheaded monkey with a supersized EGO I would like to join the festivities.

T

toontownhappy

I'll come just to watch Trish get chased around :D
Edit: Ooh, darn, I have family coming over Thursday night, so I can't come...ah well.

S

Squeaker

Since Joe is moving his wife's vp run - I'm in! See if it was just luck last night? Although, I don't usually have much luck on my side... We shall see.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this 8pm central or eastern?

Sorry, I really get confused with all the time zones and need to calculate everything.:blushing:

Also, where did the events thread go? I wanted to verify some of the times and I can't find it anymore.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this 8pm central or eastern?

Sorry, I really get confused with all the time zones and need to calculate everything.:blushing:

Also, where did the events thread go? I wanted to verify some of the times and I can't find it anymore.
Thanks to Mith we now have a whole forum for them here.

K

Kippy

Why would you need any unites if no one chatted? Is there still something going on in the ceo that still needs unites to be used? Chanty, I have ceoed plenty of times with you and we never needed unites. So what problems caused you to need to use so many last night if everyone was on TS? I want to be prepared. LOL!
we didn't chat but sometimes you get whispers from the outside.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's reading 7 PM Central for me. Please adjust the settings in your User CP then the times will show correctly :)
Please bear with me. I'm a bit slow at these things. I remember the first time I tried to go on a run and showed up 4 hours ahead of everyone. LOL!

My User CP is set to my time zone. At the bottom of each page, it says all times are at GMT +8 and the time stamps on the posts are okay. But it still says 9:00am on my calendar. It's set for the right day though which is Friday for me. Maybe DST has something to do with it? I tried it with the other options but nothing changes.

I don't want to be too much of a bother so please let me know if i have things right?
sunday run 6pm EST
cfo/ceo 8pm EST
sos shopping 9pm EST?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sundays are 7:00 PM Eastern Daylight time.

Tuesdays are 8:00 PM, as are Thursdays.

I'm going to point this out to someone smarter than me to see if they can figure out why you're having a problem.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sundays are 7:00 PM Eastern Daylight time.

Tuesdays are 8:00 PM, as are Thursdays.

I'm going to point this out to someone smarter than me to see if they can figure out why you're having a problem.
Thanks Trish, I really appreciate it but you don't have to trouble yourself. I just needed to know the events time so I could figure things out.

You are a fantastic moderator!:thumbsup:

Mith

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I ask what Timezone you live in?

EDIT: If my math is right lol its been a long day. When its 7pm CST Thursday it should be 8am Friday where your at but the calendar is showing 9am. Might stem from DLS have to check the function for times and dates for the calendars. Thank you for bringing this up love bug hunts.