• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The best thing I read on todays Five on Friday...

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skill Jewelry and Form-Changing Spells in Publish 56
I didn't have a version of the question handy, but this has come up a number of times. Currently, if you use skill jewelry to increase your skill, cast a form-changing spell (such as Necromancy's Vampiric Embrace) then remove the skill jewelry, you remain in that form.

This will be changing in Publish 56. What will happen is if you lower your skill past the threshhold to be able to cast that particular form-changing spell, (whether by removing items, using a soulstone, or even using the Test Center set skill command) you will revert to your normal form. This will affect not only the various forms available with Necromancy but Magery (Polymorph,) Ninjitsu (Animal Form,) and Spellweaving (Reaper Form.)

I think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. :)

S

Salty Pete

About time. Too bad the damage has already been done to the game's economy.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So instead of seeing a few sampires solo a peerless it will be all tamers with Greater Dragons now

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont know......

at least with the tamers and dragons you know the tamers had to put in a couple months of training to get set up.

then they had to get the dragons and tame them.

where as the bushy/necro sammy you could whip up in a day, 2 at most and solo pretty much any peerless.

i still recall the days of watching Rain chain the Tav all day long.

mind you, i recentlly made a necro warrior on another shard and he is fun to play.
short of carrying the regs around it was a neat time.

and how did that work out, paladins for chiv and dont have to carry any regs and necros have to carry around regs.

suppose you could make a LRC warrior suit.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 bush
120 parry
100 necro
100 anat
90 heal
80 chiv
110 Weapon skill

It's been a while sence I played, but getting topped out on damage with a slayer + EOO + Perfection shouldn't be to much of a problem. As for the life leech am I missing something?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 bush
120 parry
100 necro
100 anat
90 heal
80 chiv
110 Weapon skill

It's been a while sence I played, but getting topped out on damage with a slayer + EOO + Perfection shouldn't be to much of a problem. As for the life leech am I missing something?
Tactics which has little impact if you can reach the cap without it.