• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Battle of Orobas

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's hope this doesn't get sidetracked and relegated to the PvP thread.

I was busy the whole time, so I don't have screenshots.

I just wanted to issue a big Thank You to everyone involved. We all died a lot! The Purity League, at least, can say that they were very happy to be involved with the fight, and that we had a blast. I was personally surprised (as was EM Seppo, I'm sure) with all the support I got from my guildmates and the Minax faction. This wouldn't have been a challenge worthy of fighting for without them.

I'm sure there were a few complaints on both sides, but I find them mostly unwarranted. What else would we be doing? It is due to the hard work of our EMs and other prominent players that we even had this opportunity. I'd hate to leave these people with a negative feeling after all the hard work they did for our enjoyment.

In what I hope is a rising trend, many RP'ers took it upon themselves to further the storyline alongside EM Seppo. I hope it's a path we'll continue to see. I'd like to point out that without the additional work of Aldagar Morr, Hilda the Old Bat, Cymidei, Liz'Beth and the Hooded Stranger, the storyline wouldn't be what it is right now. My apologies for anyone I left out.

Congratulations on the win, you gargoyle lovers. The Purity League will be back!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to issue a big Thank You to everyone involved. We all died a lot! The Purity League, at least, can say that they were very happy to be involved with the fight, and that we had a blast. I was personally surprised (as was EM Seppo, I'm sure) with all the support I got from my guildmates and the Minax faction. This wouldn't have been a challenge worthy of fighting for without them.

I'm sure there were a few complaints on both sides, but I find them mostly unwarranted. What else would we be doing? It is due to the hard work of our EMs and other prominent players that we even had this opportunity. I'd hate to leave these people with a negative feeling after all the hard work they did for our enjoyment.

In what I hope is a rising trend, many RP'ers took it upon themselves to further the storyline alongside EM Seppo. I hope it's a path we'll continue to see. I'd like to point out that without the additional work of Aldagar Morr, Hilda the Old Bat, Cymidei, Liz'Beth and the Hooded Stranger, the storyline wouldn't be what it is right now. My apologies for anyone I left out.

Congratulations on the win, you gargoyle lovers. The Purity League will be back!
Well stated, SuperKen.

This really was an epic battle ... 2+ hours in duration.

Those representing the Purity League were:

Cartel:
1. SuperKen
2. Jackal
3. Dr. Death
4. Ball Joint
5. Young Dro
6. Young Jeff
7. Young Rob
8. Cutie
9. Peekay
10. Spartacus
11. Anarchy
12. BlackHeart
13. Profion
14. Nathan

TFOA
1. Guano Apes

Dark Tower:
1. Cymidei Fier
2. Calyndred
3. Sophi
4. Captain Blood

Other:
1. Aldagar Morr
2. Hilda
3. LizBeth

If I left anyone off the list, I apologize ... please let me know, I'll add you.

I would like to post a list of all participants ... sort of a wall of names from the epic battle of Orobas to be preserved for Baja's history.

PM names, guild affiliations, and which side you were on to me, and I'll add them as I receive them.

(The SI members list is from screenshots and/or Jinx.)

Opposing the Purity League:

The Kingdom of Dawn:
1. Her Majesty, the Grand Duchess WildStar
2. Zackarias of the Order of the Blue Rose

Other:
1. Lord Nicholas Schezar Tarrant
2. Proserpina the Green Witch
3. Mama Faith
4. Baron the Bandit, COM

SI:
1. Adamantia
2. Airhaun
3. Ayassa
4. Brigidane
5. Cypher
6. Daxus
7. Fromage
8. Greyheart
9. Gyspy Soul
10. JINX
11. Lillith
12. Lyssa
13. Medusa
14. PCR
15. Phoenix
16. Raja
17. Rosco
18. ElEcTryXX
19. Sara
20. Scally
21. Shadow Kass
22. Spock
23. Vixen

CTDM:
1. Yalp
2. Count De'Floob
3. Big Jon
4. Xelious Norwood
5. Newt Longbow
6. Bai Baldric
7. Strider

C@S:
1. Totem Pole
2. Lord Sean
3. Sally
4. Sinder

GBU:
1. TwEEdle dEE

P

Peekay of Catskills

w00! That fight was a blast! I wish we had more fights like this when I was on Cats/Wakoku

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though I hadn't signed up for either side, I joined the opposition to the Purity Leaque. That was a total blast! I haven't even checked my bank account because I don't want to see how much I lost in insurance gold. I attend these events to have fun and that's exactly what I got. I'm sure I was yelling some expletive deleteds at the screen as I was dying for the umpteenth time but it was quickly followed up by a burst of laughter. Thank you EM Seppo for the fun and I look forward to the continued storyline. :thumbup1: *curtsy*

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mama Faith, we're more than happy to give you a nice shiny check for all the insurance you may have lost.

Even admist the chaos, your voice was a voice of reason. We appreciated both the honesty and the humility to put aside everything and just have fun.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thank you for the offer but the gold means little to me. It was nice seeing so many players fighting at the same time; no matter which side they were on. Years ago, I let this game get to me to the point where I had to walk away for a year. After I came back, I made the decision that I would play for fun or I just couldn't play. If I go to Fel, I play by Fel rules. Kill or be killed, as they say. In my case, since I stink at PvP, I'm the one seeing greyscreen. *LOL*

I actually heard quite a few players commenting on how much fun they had. I'm sure I'm leaving out some of the guilds because it was so chaotic but there were players from DWN, afk, UTB, BRPA, TAO, CTDM, SI, C@S and GBU! who would die, get rezzed, laugh or cuss and join right back in the fracas. It was a beautiful thing. :sad3: Once again, thank you EVERYONE for making such a memorable evening. I look forward to the next battle. *curtsy* Long live freedom for all races!

P.S. Proserpina, thank you for the help on Friday night when I was looking for that fortress......even though it wasn't there yet! *ROFL*

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was insane! And fun too. I lost, surprisingly enough, only 22k in insurance.

I did, however manage to Flamstrike myself to redline and death twice. Jackal may have gotten me a couple of times, but I was to blame for one of those deaths. ROFL (needs serious PvP tutoring!

In what I hope is a rising trend, many RP'ers took it upon themselves to further the storyline alongside EM Seppo. I hope it's a path we'll continue to see.
Let's not forget Nicholas the Old (BRPA), WildStar (DWN) and Sara (TAO) who put together the impromptu pro-gargoyle meetings, and The Widow who somehow was able to come upon the robbery of the treasury, even though nothing ever was made of that "furthering the storyline".

My l'il dead green ditz photo shoot with the gold was also a nice bit of storyline-furthering roleplay (but ignored as well).

Hey, Queen Dawn - waiting for a street address?

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was insane! And fun too. I lost, surprisingly enough, only 22k in insurance.

I did, however manage to Flamstrike myself to redline and death twice. Jackal may have gotten me a couple of times, but I was to blame for one of those deaths. ROFL (needs serious PvP tutoring!

Let's not forget Nicholas the Old (BRPA), WildStar (DWN) and Sara (TAO) who put together the impromptu pro-gargoyle meetings, and The Widow who somehow was able to come upon the robbery of the treasury, even though nothing ever was made of that "furthering the storyline".

My l'il dead green ditz photo shoot with the gold was also a nice bit of storyline-furthering roleplay (but ignored as well).

Hey, Queen Dawn - waiting for a street address?
Right you are. My apologies for missing those very important names! And yours as well.

I was mostly recalling the names I remembered from right before the event started. So, in a way, I was really only counting off the names on the side of the Purity League hehe. I've a horrible memory of names, as anyone will tell you.

hazmatofbaja

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right you are. My apologies for missing those very important names! And yours as well.

I was mostly recalling the names I remembered from right before the event started. I've a horrible memory of names, as anyone will tell you.
HAZMAT RULES PVP!!! YEA!!! GO ME!! :offtopic: :eek:snap: :bdh: :shots: :please:

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple of things regarding last night:

I have received word from a player wishing to thank Cartel for returning his suit last night.

Another player who looted an enemy's suit last night found me and asked me to return it to its rightful owner, which I did.

Despite the heat of the battle, rivalry, etc., good sportsmanship prevails on Baja ... and little things like this make me SOOOO very proud to call Baja home.

Hilda The Old Bat

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to thank everyone that showed up to help the Anti-Gargoyle League protect our ownership of the castle and those that came to help the Gargoyle lovers. It was the best Roleplay/PvP event I have ever attended. Everyone did a great job. It was an epic battle that will be remembered for a long time.

I have to say that those of us who have been in the Gargoyle haters roleplaying group since the beginning of this event were simply amazed and stunned by the number of players that showed up for both sides. We were figuring there would be 4 or 5 Cartel that would show up to help us defend and a lot more for the Gargoyle lovers side. We figured this battle would have been over in a few minutes!

And a huge sloppy wet kiss to Seppo for putting this all together for everyone. Baja is indeed very lucky to have you. Thank you Seppo!

C

Capt.E

I had an absolute blast. I was flagged the entire time, or dead. I got nothing but death robes and a huge grin. I haven't seen numbers like that in a very long time. I hope that these fel EM events continue. Thanks to everyone who showed up.

M

McVie

I had an absolute blast. I was flagged the entire time, or dead. I got nothing but death robes and a huge grin. I haven't seen numbers like that in a very long time. I hope that these fel EM events continue. Thanks to everyone who showed up.

I agree I hope they do more events like that, it was a challenge for sure. Definitely two thumbs up ...:thumbup:

11. Anarchy
12. BlackHeart
13. “S” Profion
14. Nathan
Does the "S" before my name stand for Super Profion?! :gun::fight::gun:

P

Peekay of Catskills

I dont actually support/oppose either side... I just really like to kill people... Nothing more nothing less, and all the happy killing brought be back to a younger age, and age of innocently strapping fellow children of my 3rd grade class to the merry go round, and spinning them around till they puked... Ahh... such fond memories... :heart::grouphug::heart::grouphug::heart:

B

Budweiser KDL

I play 4 shards and this was hands UP one of the most fun nights of pvp I've had in a long time. Good job Baja. Good job to the EM who pulled this off and any other people involved. I hope we can do this again soon. It was a BLAST.

I'd also like to Publicly thank Cartel for allowing me into the ranks of the guild. You guys are a good group of peeps, and I'm glad to be apart of your guild.

Budweiser aka Nathan.

J

Jeff.

I was just trying to avoid mama faith, she was trying to hunt me down and kill me the whole friggin time!!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just trying to avoid mama faith, she was trying to hunt me down and kill me the whole friggin time!!
*wipes the coffee from her computer screen* You nut! *ROFL* I swear that Young Jeff, Young Rob and Young Dro were trying to tattoo their names on my rump! :stretcher: It made for an evening of great hilarity and I loved it. *curtsy*

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a hardcore weenie. I ran away screaming like a little girl and as Young Rob will point out, I'm OLD so that's quite an accomplishment. *sheepish grin*

S

Slugs hate Mongbats

So I missed an opportunity to be in greyscale for 2+ hours?!?! :bored: But then again that was most every day for me ... Nevermind ... *Nothing to see here, move along* :danceb:

hazmatofbaja

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
w00! That fight was a blast! I wish we had more fights like this when I was on Cats/Wakoku
As you can see, we had 14 in my vent. The othere people weren't red and they never went red. So that means only one thing. They didn't attack anyone. So basically it was the 14 of us vs the 41 of (team SI) I was only there for the last few minutes, about the last 15. But thats what SI calls even numbers.. 41 vs 13/14.. Oh well.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I checked out my screen shots from Saturday and I found the following names that haven't been listed yet.

Yes
Deadly Militant[GSE]
Shyanne
Dementia
Salona

It was a blast!! When can we do this again Seppo? :bowdown:

J

Jeff.

I checked out my screen shots from Saturday and I found the following names that haven't been listed yet.

Yes
Deadly Militant[GSE]
Shyanne
Dementia
Salona

It was a blast!! When can we do this again Seppo? :bowdown:
Deadly Militant is Anarchy.

He is hardcore.

M

McVie

To funny :) I almost feel bad about magic arrowing you to death hehe I seen your name and I just thought omg ... yes I have to do this! On a real note if you would like basic survival skill training pm me I would be happy to show you some stuff. I can't make you a killer but I can show you how to keep yourself alive. :thumbsup: Just because you have a good audited toward everything .

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It didn't bother me since you were just doing your PvP duty. I went to Fel fully expecting to die and I wasn't disappointed. :party:

I may take you up on the basic training but for some reason, I'm figuring that you'd enjoy the "teaching Mama a lesson" a bit too much. :twak: *LOL* Thank you for the offer, McVie. *curtsy*

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To funny :) I almost feel bad about magic arrowing you to death hehe I seen your name and I just thought omg ... yes I have to do this! On a real note if you would like basic survival skill training pm me I would be happy to show you some stuff. I can't make you a killer but I can show you how to keep yourself alive. :thumbsup: Just because you have a good audited toward everything .
To Mama Faith's credit, she's always so busy helping others, I'm not sure the basic survival skills would help her ... Many a time I've seen :bowdown: Mama Faith ignore her own wounds and/or danger while she was busy healing/curing others ... if I'm in a bad spot, about to die and a heal comes out of nowhere ... I know Mama Faith is somewhere close by.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awe, thank you Sara. But I must say that I've seen the same from you. *curtsy* Insofar as me sacrificing myself, there's a basic train of thought behind that. I'm just a lowly stealth/hiding mage. There's no way I'll win a battle so I'd prefer to keep the warriors and superior mages alive so that the war may be won. So in the end, I'm not as altruistic as it may seem. All for one and one for all! *leaps onto a hillside and waves her fireworks wand* Oh wait, I lost that in the battle. Never mind! *LOL*

M

McVie

Cross healing is an essential part or wining any fight but remember you don't do you team any good when you're dead. So to toss a heal when you will die is not a good plan. :) Also the stealth mage you don't see much, but I like that temp. It can kill and it can get away if need be. A good mage can cause a lot of discontent with that temp; I got a crap load of PS from PVM on that template.