• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Battle For Baja

F

frawsty

The Faction battle for control of the towns of Baja reached a climax yesterday as the Shadow Lords laid siege upon the base of the wretched followers of Mondain's Apprentice, Minax the Enchantress. Minax's minions had captured and were defending the town sigils at their base.

As word got out that Minax had stolen the sigils and the corruption completion time was nearing, the Shadow Lords took up the call for battle. When SL arrived at the entrance to the mountain pass they found it fielded and began the push toward the stronghold.

The Minion were valiant and tried holding fast but were slowly pushed back as the narrow mountain pass was to prove their undoing. Blood thirsty dragons laid waste to their front lines, briefly stopping to rend the flesh from the bodies of their screaming victims.

continued at pvpwars.com

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well they lost them all last night...
Actually, the night he's referring to, they lost them all that night too. I'm not sure what this thread was made for...unless it's just a thread made to publicize the fun and excitement people are having in Factions. If that's the case, then uh, game on.

T

Turdnugget

I only like fighting Minax... SL seems to be too 'jumpy' for me and somehow instacure... a little too fast for human reflexes.

Factions has brought back some excitement, but when SL has numbers throughout the day, and their Asian counterparts can hold the cities in the morning and clear out all the invasions... kinda lame.

F

frawsty

This was the night of a large battle in which SL lost and the Minax base was successfully defended. The next night which I haven't taken the time to write about, was an overwhelming win by SL and a more dramatic battle. Both fights were a lot of fun.

O

Obsession 1

I only like fighting Minax... SL seems to be too 'jumpy' for me and somehow instacure... a little too fast for human reflexes.

I agree. I can keep up with Minax but it seems everytime someone from SL gets close to me I pick up some heavy lag. No to mention, once the fight is over the ladies and gents from Minax will generally rez with out rez killing.

F

frawsty

It's funny, our guys say the same thing about the lag n speed hacks n such

B

Biske

I agree. I can keep up with Minax but it seems everytime someone from SL gets close to me I pick up some heavy lag. No to mention, once the fight is over the ladies and gents from Minax will generally rez with out rez killing.
Of course they would, they are nice to everyone who isn't us. If they were mean they couldn't recruit you, and recruiting as many people as possible is their last and only stratagy for surviving against us. Hence why XV is xfering back to the shard to merge into them. Obviously they weren't scouted by any talent agents. Why would you talk smack to the guy walking down the street while Chuck Norris is making you bite the curb.

O

Obsession 1

Of course they would, they are nice to everyone who isn't us. If they were mean they couldn't recruit you, and recruiting as many people as possible is their last and only stratagy for surviving against us. Hence why XV is xfering back to the shard to merge into them. Obviously they weren't scouted by any talent agents. Why would you talk smack to the guy walking down the street while Chuck Norris is making you bite the curb.
I noticed some XV playing with them as well but think this still pales in comparrison with the amount of new recruits PVM has picked up. I see a lot of new people almost everyday sporting a PVM tag. It's great to see so many people participating in factions again isnt it Biske?

F

frawsty

You are mistaken, Obsession. In the last month or so we have had like three new members join. You are probably seeing existing members on alt chars.

T

Turdnugget

I find it funny someone from PvM posted the opening post in an almost roleplay style of format...

I didn't think anyone in PvM was that kind of person... I see the majority of them as ... a not so nice word.

Maybe it's the suspected cheats here and there... or the trash talk... or the RK'ing that makes me think that.

O

Obsession 1

I find it funny someone from PvM posted the opening post in an almost roleplay style of format...

I didn't think anyone in PvM was that kind of person... I see the majority of them as ... a not so nice word.

Maybe it's the suspected cheats here and there... or the trash talk... or the RK'ing that makes me think that.
I tend to agree. There has always been suspicion of people using secondary programs to enhance their performance on the field. I don't think there will ever be a complete absence in regards to the use of, or accusations made about them. It is clear that IF anything like this is being used the rest of us just need to find a better way of using it against them. I rarely log into my guilds vent server because i have grown tired of listening to people blame others of cheating every time they die to an enemy.

It's time to get over it, every game has cheats associated with it. It will eventually catch up with them just like the item duping did.

B

Biske

You are mistaken, Obsession. In the last month or so we have had like three new members join. You are probably seeing existing members on alt chars.
Frawsty is right, we had 3 new recruits in the past 2 months. All of which are actually from cartel. People who were sick of the lack of leadership skill, teamwork, the begging of XV to come help them, the level of emo whiners in the guild, ect. ect. The rest are the same friendly faces you've always known, just different characters. We have been diversifying our templates, we were previously a primarily mage guild, and many are making dexers and archers ect to make us a more versatile fighting force. In fact we have actually broke even. We picked up those three, but recently lost 3. Jedi vulture and trizz are all com now. Trizz and vulture are good guys, just following Jedi who is no longer a part of this guild for stupid reasons. I won't say what they are because I doubt Jedi wants his dirty laundry all over the boards.

The point is, we're the same size weve always been, we just have been building more alts.

B

Biske

Honestly I agree. Even from the beginning as DEA we had three rules:
Never rk someone you or your guildies rez, only do it on the feild when it matters to the fight.
Never back down from a challenge, someone wants to 1v1, you either pound em or die with dignity.
Lastly, loyalty above all else, except honor.

As we've aged, especially with factions, the first one has been dwindling, and the second, well, never presents itself as an option. But gosh darnit were a loyal bunch! =)

F

frawsty

I have to say that I was 100% against joining a faction when the improved arties publish came out just cause of the stat loss. However, I've changed my tune 100%! I have seen first hand how things have gotten better. Now my guild is fighting throughout Britannia instead of 90% gayte fights and the rest at champs as before.

The faction change has made a big diff. Now most of our guildies have learned to stay clear of the bs at the gayte and enjoy pvp with real pvprs AWAY from the guards and not trying to kill the blue babies that hide in the gz. Not only that but the design of the faction bases prevent NON-Factioned chars from entering. EA actually did a great job there! Now if they can just make a change so tamers can use pets vs. same faction...

T

Turdnugget

Biske... i've been RK'd by your bunch when it didn't even matter to the fight...

frawsty, you guys must do a LOT of fighting away from Yew then... because I see your guys there a LOT in the afternoon/evening times...so that must be some 90% of fighting away from the gate.

Funny thing is, if i'm on a dexer, and pick someone out, I stay in GZ due to the fact I know i'll be ganked if I leave, yet the person I flag on will stay outside the GZ so they can get healed or have their guildies gank me when the time is right.

Ya it's not asking for a 1v1, but still, do you gotta suck that bad?

F

frawsty

Lots of times the fight does gravitate toward the gate because we have a few guys that just can't get it through their thick heads to stay clear of it and get put in stat. That's their problem.

However, most of the time it is because we end up chasing Cartel into their houses which are near the gate. Last night was a perfect example, I'd say that over half the fights last night involved us standing outside the houses, which was sad. House fighting is just as lame as gayte fighting.

I don't like it any better than they do. This is one of the reasons I'm probably quitting UO soon. Their is just not enough ppl to fight anymore. The only decent fights are when Cartel is on enforce but that doesn't happen very often anymore, even with their supposed merge with XV. This game and this shard are dying. Hopefully the Stygian Abyss release will bring noobs that would eventually get into pvp but I doubt it. Wrath of the Lich King was just released...